PDA

View Full Version : Repaint request... AA new livery...

nordmanni
January 17th, 2013, 15:28
Please... please... please don't paint this livery on any virtual aircraft!

Of course, I'm only kidding - but I am very disappointed that this is the best that American Airlines could come up with for the dawn of the composit aircraft age. There's no panache, flair...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-american-airlines-livery-20130117,0,198977.story

My grandfather worked for American Airlines from day one through to the mid 1970s - he was a piece of work - and this would have had him firing some people left, right and centre.

Oh well. I wish them well I suppose.

Toastmaker
January 17th, 2013, 16:11
I like it - it's more modern by comparison with the old design. HOWEVER. . . having just come out of bankruptcy, is this an expense that seems really necessary ?

nordmanni
January 17th, 2013, 16:22
I like it - it's more modern by comparison with the old design. HOWEVER. . . having just come out of bankruptcy, is this an expense that seems really necessary ?

Bankruptcy for AA seems to include new branding, a vast fortune spent on the fleet, and some reasonable bonuses at the top. Must be tough.

The more I look at the livery, the more I realise that it's the tail I just can't like. The new logo has some curves to it, like the newer Air France swoosh, the dead straight, mismatched striping on the tail seems all wrong to me.