PDA

View Full Version : Halifax class FFH-anti_piracy ops scenery

lazarus
January 15th, 2013, 07:04

Thanks for the headsup CG_1976
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=174475 A bloody nice job. All the air, surface, navigation and fire control radars animated, airstrips, lots of AI shipping to rig, pirate boats. This chaps been doing some nice scenery and smaller, unusual ships for a few years, I think this is his first published Warship. Its like a Hamaguchi.
I threwsome paint quickly to start Regina in the old style paint while the textures were de-mipping. A bit dark yet. You will also need to copy the helipad lightmap from the scenery texture folder and copy into the AI HMCS Ville'DeQuebec's texture, its missing.
A major BRAVO_ZULU.

cortomalteseit
January 15th, 2013, 07:36
Thanks a lot, this is a very interesting scenery!!!

jungle_balloo
January 15th, 2013, 10:15
Thank you very much, lazarus, this will do fine research missions. :wavey:

FSX68
January 15th, 2013, 12:29
I wish I knew what .cfg files were used, none were provided with this zip.
Well, I did read the english directions and the self installer pretty much spread the files to where they were intended to go however, The vessels do not show in AI Carriers.
I manually made one or two TEST entries in my cvn_68-68.cfg file:

[formation.59]
title=AI_PecheurSomalien
unit.0=AI_PecheurSomalien, 0,0

[formation.60]
title=AI_PirateSomalien
unit.0=AI_PirateSomalien,0,0

The titles show OK but when I select them I get red/green error in upper left corner.Error inserting Object/Creat object failed. I grabbed the Subs files and they all show in AI carriers; I put

sample:
[formation.45]
title=I88_IJN_SS
unit.0=I88_IJN_SS,0, 0

[formation.46]
title=I14_IJN_SS
unit.0=I14_IJN_SS,0, 0

[formation.47]
title=I404_IJN_SS
unit.0=I404_IJN_SS,0, 0

These work but the pirate ship and other stuff didn't make it to my wheelhouse. What am I doing wrong? THe addon scenery is added but don't know what title to look for to call it up.
I don't speak/read French sorry.

SeanTK
January 15th, 2013, 13:05
Very cool! I've been onboard the Ville de Quebec, so this is especially interesting from my perspective!

lazarus
January 15th, 2013, 13:33
Oh yah. A few hours rack time, all BE&BT'd for the next%$#*&^! double shift. Typicaly, a no show error with AI carriers means a bad name in the aicarriers config. Check tin each vessels simcinfig fir the tile, rather than folder names, readmes, as a error may have crept in. Look for a space between the end of the title and the period before the position data in the line entry of the AICarrierc config. I noted that the auto installer did its thing flawlessley, started the addon scenery, and all was go. Start your flight from Dennis island- ICAO: FSSD, in the Seychelles. All the AI traffic was running.

FSX68
January 15th, 2013, 13:51
I translated from French to English the directions so as to better understand the concept of the missions, what ICO to go to etc.
The English translation is below each French sentence.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/88n6d70er4538r5/LisezMoi.txt