PDA

View Full Version : i know this is silly.....

Daveroo
January 14th, 2013, 18:02
as i came from my folks house to my rv tonight,i was rolling along in the dark ,6:45pm or so,its 37.9F outside...and its dead quiet except for a lone cat ,which seemed to be at the house behind,and below me,it was one of those crys not of pain,or that it is in heat...but as if its at the door yellin ...."MOM....DAD....LET ME IN!!!!"......but it was so pathetic sounding i couldnt stand it...i stood there and listened ,getting sadder and sadder.....when i finnally hollered out....hey kitty...here kitty...this is when i heard brian...my nieghbor yell....im lettin the little &*^%$%^ in...leave me alone....

so after i got my jazzy powerchair hooked up to the power supply and covered for the night ,i climbed the steps and opened my door to the rv and looked at the recliner....and there sat my 18 year old blind cat haley...with this totally confused...and competely MAD look on her face.....i reached over to pet her...she sniffed my hand...and BIT me.....then came and begged me for her whiska's treats a minute later........cats gotta love em eh???

Quicksand
January 14th, 2013, 18:20
Hi Dave... Been there and done that.. I have recently added to additions to my family.. Two feline sisters seven weeks old, named, quite appropriately, Thelma and Louise... I haven't had a cat since I was a kid, and went to get one, and saw the bond between these two.. I brought them both home... I haven't had this much fun since I was a little kid.. You are right.. Gotta love 'em......

stiz
January 15th, 2013, 01:10
cats = spawn of satan

(i'm more a dog person :icon_lol:)

stansdds
January 15th, 2013, 02:02
Cats are strange beings, quite possibly aliens from a distant galaxy.

wbuchart
January 15th, 2013, 03:13

Like stiz, I'm a dog person too. I have a golden retreiver and she rules over my wife's cat with an iron fist.:icon_lol:

Probably bad karma for when he used to abuse my last golden retreiver.......

Odie
January 15th, 2013, 07:22

Cats were once worshipped as gods....and they've never forgotten it.

CWOJackson
January 15th, 2013, 10:45
Almost twenty years ago a flea bitten, starving, hardly weened kitten showed up at our door.

This past Thanksgiving she had her normal turkey and gravy then curled up in my lap and went to sleep for the last time.

We never intended to be owned by a cat, and we only kept her long enough to find a good home for her.

Odie
January 15th, 2013, 11:35
Almost twenty years ago a flea bitten, starving, hardly weened kitten showed up at our door.

This past Thanksgiving she had her normal turkey and gravy then curled up in my lap and went to sleep for the last time.

We never intended to be owned by a cat, and we only kept her long enough to find a good home for her.

CWO, they have a way of picking their owners....sounds like she did her work well....

Tako_Kichi
January 15th, 2013, 12:02
Like stiz, I'm a dog person too. I have a golden retreiver and she rules over my wife's cat with an iron fist.:icon_lol:

Probably bad karma for when he used to abuse my last golden retreiver.......
We have the opposite situation with two cats and a dog. The cats were well established before the dog arrived and he knows his place is at the bottom of the totem pole. The cats prefer to drink water from the dog's bowl and he will stand and wait his turn while the cats drink their fill right under his nose.

However he has earned the nickname 'Sheriff' as the older cat is 16 years of age and a sneak thief when it comes to food left out in the kitchen, especially meats. He will try to steal anything and has even been known to pull over the tall kitchen garbage can to get at pork chop bones or chicken carcasses tossed in there. If he's up to mischief and the dog spots him the dog will start barking and kicking up a fuss and then come running to us to 'tattle tale' on the cat! It's hilarious at times as the dog seems to get a lot of pleasure from getting the cats into trouble. :icon_lol:

WarHorse47
January 15th, 2013, 12:12
We love cats.

Over the past 40 years we've had several cats that adoped us. Our last cat, a Himalayian, passed away after 18 years. That was several years ago.

Now that I'm retired and the wife wants to travel at the drop of a hat, we've agreed not to have another cat until we get the travel bug out out our system. Needless to say that has been a hard decison to make.. until last summer.

Our next door neighbors have two dogs and two cats. The newest cat, a young female calico, has adopted us. :female: Each day she comes over to say "hi" and be petted. She's very loveable and likes attention. And we have some treats for her as well. When the weather was warm, she would lay on our deck and soak up the sun. Now that the weather is chilly, I let her in the garage for her treats. We get our "kitty fix" without the hassle of cleaning the litter box, vet bills, or food.
:ernae:
--WH

Daveroo
January 15th, 2013, 12:55
in 2000,when i bought my RV,i traveled alot,i was a bit healthier and could do the setup and tear down by myself ok...but i couldnt leave haley with my folks...they just wouldnt allow it...haley never took to riding in the cab of the truck..i tried a cat carrier,with a nice soft bed,and a spill proof water thingy ,but she just yowled the entire time,and a yowling cat for 4-5 hours of driving was no fun...and if i let her loose,she belined for a spot directly under my throttle peddle,,not to safe...well i ended up leaving her in the rv as i traveled and i know she hated it,but one good thing is...i could stop,go back and enter the rv and use the bathroom ect without worrying about her getting out because with the slideouts closed,there is a gap under the bed slide and haley would go into the gap and under the bed and stay under the bed for the whole trip and for most of the setup time...by the time i needed to open the slides...she was out and looking out the windows...she was then to scared to go outside..which was also a plus,i didnt need to worry about her running away or getting lost because she was just to scared to go out...lol..

one time at the River Point Landing Marina and rv park in Stockton Ca,its on the land that used to be the repair shops for Stephens boats..they were a wooden boat company akin to chris craft,i was backed up to the deep water channel,the camp site had a small grass area with a picnic bench,there were two ducks that lived at the marina,im guessing they were mates,because it seemed year after year they would have chicks following them,a new batch each year..but it was allways the same two adults,we know it was because the sheriffs deputies who worked out of the marina had fish and game come tag them..well these ducks took to me one trip..wouldnt leave me alone,everytime i went outside,,they were underfoot..id put my chair out..to fish,or just drink beer and watch the bodies...errrr boats on the water..and these ducks would sit under the chair or walk around me..ducktalkin the entire time...well one day i got the bright idea to put haley on a leash and bring her out on the lawn to see what her reaction to the ducks would be....i put her down on the grass,and she stood there straight legged and stiff....then just plopped over...and laid there...i picked her up...she teetered and plop..over she went....this happened about 4 more times...and i swear to god the ducks were laughing!!!....i picked haley up one last time and took her back in to the rv and as soon as i set her down..she ran to the bedroom and hid..when i turned around...there was a man in his 70s standing behind me...he handed me a beer..said thank you..that was the funniest thing ive seen in months....he said he and his wife were in stitches watching haley and the seeing the ducks "laugh"....lol

Navy Chief
January 16th, 2013, 04:09
I moved in with my fiancée a couple weeks ago. My Siamese cat, "Twist", has been asserting himself with the four black cats she has. For the most part, the transition has gone smoothly, but one of her cats (a male) isn't so receptive. So every so often there's a fight. Am hoping they'll eventually become friends. Nothing like a cat fight at 3 AM. NC

WarHorse47
January 16th, 2013, 06:29
Ha. Those stories bring back memories.

When we moved from Illinois to Washington, our three kids were younger then, and the other member of the family was an adoped cat named Shelby. I drove the U-Haul truck with one of the kids and the cat, while the wife followed in the Pontiac with the other two kids. Naturally I decided to have a small litter box in the truck cab just in case.

So here we are driving down the interstate in the pouring rain, can't see squat out the windshield and the cat decides to use the box. Phew. :icon_eek: Made our eyes water and really cleaned out the sinuses. We had to pull over to the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, just to open the doors and get a gasp of air.
:ernae:
--WH

CP1207
January 16th, 2013, 14:04
Seven cats and a Labrador here.

The newest cat plays fetch. We play about an hour on weekend mornings. One of these days I'll post a video link. He loves chasing a foil ball down the stairs and bringing it back, drops it at my feet, etc. He especially likes to chase it across vinyl floors as he can slide.
He is also the only cat we have that while walking in a straight line will occasionally do a complete somersault and then continue on his way.

Navy Chief- our Siamese is a terror with two of the other cats. His Mom kept him in line until she passed recently.

p3aewguy
January 16th, 2013, 17:49
This is my Angel. My sister in law rescued her from the middle of a road. She couldn't keep her and our hearts melted. She's a "Daddys Girl". She's now 4 years old. The last picture was when she was little.

Daveroo
January 16th, 2013, 18:22
This is my Angel. My sister in law rescued her from the middle of a road. She couldn't keep her and our hearts melted. She's a "Daddys Girl". She's now 4 years old. The last picture was when she was little.

what a sweetheart...love that last pic,with her eyes closed..off in slumberland..and how the collar......errr necklass?..doesnt quite fit yet