PDA

View Full Version : Flaps coding

Dev One
January 13th, 2013, 00:26
Does anyone know where the coding for the flaps are held? & if so can it be modified/disabled?
I know that there is the standard Lever_Flaps code in the makemdl.parts listing, but I have deleted this code & the flaps through the keyboard or joystick still operate. The reason I ask is that I wish to add other operations within the standard code if at all possible.
Keith

Milton Shupe
January 13th, 2013, 05:03
Does anyone know where the coding for the flaps are held? & if so can it be modified/disabled?
I know that there is the standard Lever_Flaps code in the makemdl.parts listing, but I have deleted this code & the flaps through the keyboard or joystick still operate. The reason I ask is that I wish to add other operations within the standard code if at all possible.
Keith

Keith,

There is no need to delete anything from makemdl.parts. It is there for you to Add your own code for anything you wish.

There are several ways to code flaps in Gmax and FS. See the Makemdl SDK for a list of names.

The FS animated name tags are l_flap and r_flap, pivot on the X axis, and deflect based on the [flaps.nn] section in the aircraft.cfg.

The rest of the options are key framed animation options and they are listed as follows:

Flaps

Beech Baron

L_Flap, R_Flap

Axis (X Driven)

Flaps (Key Framed)

Mooney Bravo

L_Flap_Key, R_Flap_Key

Key 0 = 0% Deflection, Key 100 = 100% Deflection

Flaps (Leading and Trailing Edge)

Boeing 777

R_Pct_Lead_Edge_Flap0

Key 0 = Retracted, Key 100 = 100% Deployed

Boeing 777

L_Pct_Lead_Edge_Flap0

Boeing 777

R_Pct_Lead_Edge_Flap1

Boeing 777

R_Pct_Lead_Edge_Flap1

Boeing 777

R_Pct_Trail_Edge_Flap0

Boeing 777

R_Pct_Trail_Edge_Flap0

Boeing 777

R_Pct_Trail_Edge_Flap1

Boeing 777

R_Pct_Trail_Edge_Flap1

In addition to these options, you can have multiple [flap.nn] sections to individually control your flaps, and their effects on flight characteristics like pitch, lift, and drag, using the leading and trailing edge names to differentiate the effects.

Dev One
January 13th, 2013, 07:41
Milton, Thanks, yes I have the SDK, but those you quote above are for the exterior parts - I'm more interested in the interior 'lever' function, which as I said above seems to be hard coded somewhere. I have created my own modification which works, but it is still overwritten by the hard code & I do not seem to be able to connect the two.
The idea is:
There is a lever to select either up or down, but the flaps should not move until a hydraulic wobble pump activates. For the latter I have coded a tick18 that activates by holding down the left click or the right click.
Maybe I've got to be even cleverer with my .xml code - which I must admit is done blind -a try & see if it works technique!
Keith

Milton Shupe
January 13th, 2013, 09:00
This is the one I use for the VC:

Flaps

Cessna 172

Lever_Flap

Key 0 = No Deflection, Key 100 = Max Deflection