PDA

View Full Version : Band Of Brothers

stiz
October 4th, 2008, 09:28
Over the past several months i've realised that i've been watching the 2 were there in bastonge more than any of the others, so i'm just wonder, does anyone else find themselfs watching certain episodes more than others??

robcap
October 4th, 2008, 10:20
I must say thoes are the two I watch most as well. And Day of Days.
Great series, I'll go to Bastogne to remember again next December.
And this reminds me I have to see the one about Market Garden more often.

Cheers, R.

Toastmaker
October 4th, 2008, 18:24
"Why we fight" was more significant to me but I also really enjoyed "Points".

lifejogger
October 4th, 2008, 18:49
I like the drop into Normandy. But I actually like all of them and watch them over and over. One of the best war movies ever.

Cloud9Gal
October 5th, 2008, 07:07
Guys- I've heard so many good reviews about this series and I really want to start watching it. I do have a few questions:

1) Does this show come on every season? If so, where are we at? I'm the type of person that needs to start watching from episode 1, so will I need to buy the first season or something?

2) Is this an HBO program?

Anything else you want to add, please feel free.

Thanks in advance!

PRB
October 5th, 2008, 07:18
It was an HBO "miniseries". It's been on the History Channel a couple times. Unknown if/where it's on at present. Well worth buying the DVD set!

Wulf190
October 5th, 2008, 07:30
Jeeze! You guys are making me get that itch to watch it!

There are two TV mini series box sets I own, one is Band of Brothers, and the other is Firefly.

ckissling
October 5th, 2008, 07:35
No the series is no longer on TV, but you can buy the intire series as one
package on DVD or VHS tape. Buy it,or rent it, it is worth it. ckissling

Railrunner130
October 5th, 2008, 18:14
It's well worth the $$ for the series on DVD!! I'm absolutely mezmorized by the Bastogne episode myself. Something about the snow falling and the explosions- the way the cinematography was done. You feel like you were there. I'm just really glad those guys were there (I mean the right people for getting the job done.)

Gdavis101
October 5th, 2008, 22:14
Worth every dime! Usually when I see it repeat on History I end up watching the whole thing on DVD again... Great series, I heard rumor that there was going to be one that will be based in the Pacific Theater.. Hoping..

Railrunner130
October 6th, 2008, 12:09
Tom Hanks certainly does a very respectful job on whatever he takes on. From The Earth To The Moon is another glimpse at the power of the American Spirit.

Jagdflieger
October 7th, 2008, 06:46
There are persistent rumors that the producers of the "Band of Brothers" are working on a series covering the Pacific Theater too.

Toastmaker
October 7th, 2008, 11:19
It's no rumor - It's in pre-production and the cast has almost all been selected. Projected 2010 release date.

Brian_Gladden
October 7th, 2008, 11:52

There are two TV mini series box sets I own, one is Band of Brothers, and the other is Firefly.

Been a while since I've watched Band of Brothers... Firefly on the other hand... Well lets just say I'm a rabid Browncoat and watch it all the time. That is when I'm not writing Firefly fan fiction. anyway.

Brian

Odie
October 7th, 2008, 12:11
It's also due out on Blu Ray before the end of the year, so perhaps the regular DVD edition will be reduced in price.

S
October 7th, 2008, 12:25
It's one of the few series that manages to take people back either into their own history as a soldier or in general to that period.

TeaSea
October 7th, 2008, 14:44

Hah! I thought I was the only one who enjoyed that....my son brought it home and we watched it over a period of a couple of weeks. Really enjoyed it, although it was clear that the movie was a rush job to end the story.

Band of Brothers is excellent. Day of Days is probably my most favorite episode, although I enjoy the last one as well.

Remember also, that the actors that played these guys....were all much older than the men they were playing.

CrashnBurns
October 7th, 2008, 18:06
Band of Brothers in the Pacific is called "The Pacific". According to IMDB, it will be out next year.:applause:

Crash

pachi
October 7th, 2008, 20:15
Band of Brothers in the Pacific is called "The Pacific". According to IMDB, it will be out next year.:applause:

Crash
COOL!!!!:jump: