PDA

View Full Version : FS Design Studio crashtree problem

gman5250
January 11th, 2013, 10:38
I am attempting to resolve this issue in FS Design Studio.

OutputFile: _temp.MDL
Output file after modification: _temp.MDL
Creating output MDL file: _temp.MDL
CRASHTREE no granularity specified
CRASHTREE completed in 00:00:00.0100000I recently installed FS Design Studio3.51.

Immediately following installation of FSDS I built a basic flying model and a few scenery objects. The flying model worked fine, and my first scenery object displayed correctly. Now my scenery objects will not display as .bgl. I created two scenery objects and saved as .mdl. they displayed with no problem. I created a third, more detailed object (384 vertices). The object will display, only as .mdl with no textures applied. If I apply textures, the model becomes transparent.

Now every attempt I make to save (all files) as .bgl or .mdl I get the above crashtree message.
Currently .mdl files only display without texture applied, .bgl files do not display at all.

I have changed my regional settings from the comma to period in the Regional/Language menu, but this has not corrected the problem. I have changed my user account settings "never notify".

Software used:
Windows 7/64
FS Design Studio 3.5.1
Airport Design Editor 1.50.11

I tried Abacus, but the website help link is dead to the 3.5.1 FSDS

I decided to come here, to the real talent pool, and see if I can get a bead on this issue.
Thank you in advance for any input you may be able to offer.

gman5250
January 11th, 2013, 15:18
Updated information:
This issue is related to the texture .bmp files used.

I have made five aircraft hangar textures in photoshop. There area few layers with common elements shared by all five skins. There are five different layers of hangar fronts, i.e. some with doors or windows, and some with slight color and wear variations.

I have saved five different .bmp files from the same parent PSD file. I have used exactly the same parameters for each file...size, format etc. 512x512 or 1024x1024, 32 bit, windows color pallette.
The texture files are saved as a flattened .bmp and imported into FSDS.

When applied to five different FSDS scenery objects, some objects appear correctly and some have transparent elements.

I have attempted using a couple of ORBX textures converted to .bmp on my scenery objects. These display perfectly on my .mdl files.

It seems that my problem is connected with the colors in the windows palette.???

Stumped

brianf51
February 6th, 2013, 07:02
Make sure that the texture files in FS are not in default 24bit as FS will not handle them. You have to convert them to a format that FS will work with. 8, 16 or 32 bit BMP files and dds files to but definitely not the 24bit that most graphic programs (and fsds) use.