PDA

View Full Version : Head movement

brettt777
January 10th, 2013, 16:27
I use the trackIR5 device so I can look around and all that while I'm flying. What I am wondering is if there is any way to increase the random head movement. Even though I can look around when I am flying, my head movement reacts very little, if any, to the aircraft movement. If you're piloting a high performance vehicle of any kind, your head will react to the movement of the aircraft; if you roll the plane suddenly, your head may not roll as far or as soon as the plane does. In FSX, at least in mine, even with the TrackIR5, you have freedom of movement but you don't have any of the "involuntary" movement, if you will. Am I making sense here? So I am wondering if there is a way to make this happen. I have a few driving sims that simulate this effect and it's even adjustable. It adds allot of realism to the experience. Can we do this in FSX?

Daveroo
January 10th, 2013, 18:11
good question..ive not thought of this before..maybe you should write a note to the trackIR people and ask them?...that would make flying something like the alabeo pits or a P51 more fun...good idea

ryanbatc
January 10th, 2013, 18:18
Maybe EZDok, OPUS, or possibly even A2A's accu feel would do that...

moune
January 10th, 2013, 21:21
Hello,
I use the FSPS – 3D Real Cockpit Effect

Not too bad and simply to use ....

Roll Effect

Roll effect is responsible for the vibration effect of the cockpit while you roll at taxi or runway.
Vibrations are calculated and reproduced according to the weight and the speed of the aircraft.
The default roll effect bar has been set to 100%, which means that the effect will be 1:1. The
roll effect bar can be set between 0% and 200%. Higher value than 100% means that you increase
the calculated effect.

Cloud Turbulence Effect

Cloud turbulence effect is responsible for the vibration effect of the cockpit while you fly inside
clouds that produce turbulence. 3D Real Cockpit Effect can read the cloud turbulences by
accuracy of 0.3%. Vibrations are calculated and reproduced according to the weight and the
speed of the aircraft plus the percentage of the cloud turbulence. The default cloud turbulence
effect bar has been set to 100%, which means that the effect will be 1:1. The cloud turbulence
effect bar can be set between 0% and 200%. Higher value than 100% means that you increase
the calculated effect.

Wind Turbulence Effect

Wind turbulence effect is responsible for the vibration effect of the cockpit while you fly throu
winds that produce turbulence. 3D Real Cockpit Effect can read the winds turbulences by
accuracy of 0.3%. Vibrations are calculated and reproduced according to the weight and the
speed of the aircraft plus the percentage of the winds turbulence. The default winds turbulence
effect bar has been set to 100%, which means that the effect will be 1:1. The winds turbulence
effect bar can be set between 0% and 200%. Higher value than 100% means that you increase
the calculated effect.

Spoiler Effect

Spoiler effect is responsible for the vibration effect of the cockpit while you fly and extend your
spoiler. 3D Real Cockpit Effect will read the percentage of the extended spoiler. Vibrations are
calculated and reproduced according to the weight and the speed of the aircraft plus the
percentage of the extended spoiler. The default spoiler effect bar has been set to 100%, which
means that the effect will be 1:1. The spoiler effect bar can be set between 0% and 200%.
Higher value than 100% means that you increase the calculated effect.

Touchdown Effect

Touchdown effect is responsible for the vibration effect of the cockpit while you touchdown. 3D
Real Cockpit Effect will read the hardness of the touchdown. Vibrations are calculated and
reproduced according to the weight and the speed of the aircraft plus the hardness of the
touchdown. The default touchdown effect bar has been set to 100%, which means that the effect
will be 1:1. The touchdown effect bar can be set between 0% and 200%. Higher value than 100%
means that you increase the calculated effect.

Roll Sound Volume Effect

Roll sound effect is responsible for the vibration sound effect of the cockpit while you roll at taxi
or runway. Sound vibrations are calculated and reproduced according to the weight and the speed
of the aircraft. The default roll sound effect bar has been set to 100%, which means that the
maximum sound effect will be 1:1 original sound volume. The roll sound effect bar can be set
between 0% and 200%. Higher value than 100% means that you increase the calculated roll volume
effect.

Rudders Effect

Rudders effect is responsible for the direction of the vibration effect of the cockpit while you
Taxi or roll. 3D Real Cockpit Effect will read the position of rudders. Vibrations are calculated
and reproduced according to the weight and the speed of the aircraft plus the position of the
rudders. The default effect is set to normal. Normal setting means that you press the right
rudder and the aircraft is turning right. Inversed will do the opposite.
Eyepoint CustomizationBy default the program have to place the eye point of the aircraft to zero. This can be override by pressing the arrows and override zero eye point.Auto shutdownWill shutdown the program when fsx will close.Start minimizedWill start the program minimized to tray icon. Right mouse click to tray icon will show or shutdown the program.ManualOpen Manual – Open and read this manualCheck for updatesCheck for update now – Will connect to FSPS server and check if your running version is the latest
one or there is a new version available for download and installation.

Good flight, serge.

Dain Arns
January 10th, 2013, 21:33
What Moune said, here's a link to the FSPS store and a YouTube video.

http://store.thefsps.com/product_info.php?products_id=33

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-1Nz2tAxeJs?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

moune
January 10th, 2013, 22:17
The good part is : it's only the effects.
No change views or assigned key.
Very good also for the small aircraft, but, not for the hélicopter (there is nothing for the hélicopter on the web sorry).

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4763/sanstitrepop.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/152/sanstitrepop.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Happy flight, serge.

Chris Sykes
January 10th, 2013, 23:45
EZDOK works well with Track IR. It even allows you to turn on and off the various movement effects.

moune
January 11th, 2013, 02:38
Hello,
At this day, FSPS is working to make his software compatible with TrackIr.
I wait for the update, no problem for me.
You can see at the forum, 24decembre12 :
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/72678-fsps-3d-real-cockpit-effect-vs-track-ir/
Have a good day, serge.

brettt777
April 27th, 2013, 21:37
These products do add a degree of realism to FSX, but none of them seem to address the roll aspect. The most realistic view would be a "helmet cam" view since the camera would have the same perspective as the eyes, and so for ultimate realism this helmet cam view would have to simulate the movement of the helmet or head as it reacts to the movement of the aircraft. In this Youtube video, it shows the helmet cam very briefly at 0:14, 0:21 - 0:22, and then again at 0:36 - 0:37. The jet seems to roll and maneuver with the head as the center point. That's what I'm looking for, and of course it has to work with TrackIR5 :icon30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmPk_WzmcFw

_ben
April 28th, 2013, 00:56
These products do add a degree of realism to FSX, but none of them seem to address the roll aspect. The most realistic view would be a "helmet cam" view since the camera would have the same perspective as the eyes, and so for ultimate realism this helmet cam view would have to simulate the movement of the helmet or head as it reacts to the movement of the aircraft. In this Youtube video, it shows the helmet cam very briefly at 0:14, 0:21 - 0:22, and then again at 0:36 - 0:37. The jet seems to roll and maneuver with the head as the center point. That's what I'm looking for, and of course it has to work with TrackIR5 :icon30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmPk_WzmcFw

I haven't used all the options in the Automatic Head MOvements (as opposed to dynamic head movements in another dialog)
but it looks possible?

griphos
April 28th, 2013, 05:24
OPUS does indeed work with helicopters. And it does a much better job than EZDOK which I used for years. It's effects are based on real accelerometer readings from actual flights.