PDA

View Full Version : Barrett-Jackson /Hot rod Lincoln

Daveroo
January 9th, 2013, 14:36
found this as i was searching the cars that will cross the block next week at Scottsdale,

"Son, you're going to drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln." Charlie Ryan created both the Hot Rod Lincoln and the song. Charlie was a musician, songwriter and car guy. In the late 1940s he purchased a 1941 Lincoln Zephyr 4 door sedan and decided to make a Hot Rod out of it. He removed the Zephyr body, cut two feet out of the frame to shorten the wheel base and dropped a 1930 Ford Model A body on it. Charlie installed a '48 Lincoln V12 engine in it with a '48 Lincoln 3-speed transmission with overdrive. He maintained as many Lincoln touches as he could which included cut-down Zephyr bumpers, Lincoln emblem on the radiator, Lincoln grey hound hood ornament and Lincoln hubcaps. The interior features a cut down '41 Lincoln dash and steering wheel. This was a huge build in the day. Now while working on the car Charlie is writing the lyrics for the song "Hot Rod Lincoln" in 1955 and the song gets released in 1957. The song became a National Hot Rod Anthem. For decades Charlie, Ruth and his band crisscrossed the country performing his songs an often taking the Hot Rod Lincoln with him. The Lincoln has been recently restored and was the star Hot Rod of the 60th Detroit Autorama in 2012. **TITLED AS A 1930 FORD** **WILL BE SOLD AT APPROXIMATELY 3:30PM ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 19, 2013**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAFKsQkfSY0

78732 78733
78734 78735

strikehawk
January 9th, 2013, 15:47
Dr Demento used to play this version on his KMET local show in the 70's. Used to drive my friends nuts because it wasn't Commander Cody.

Willy
January 9th, 2013, 21:32
The Commander Cody version is mostly what you can find out there.

But I do like the car!