PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Server...is it on 24/7?

Navy Chief
January 8th, 2013, 16:28
This evening was the first time I attempted to log on to the SOH Multiplayer server, but no luck. Is it on 24/7?

I started up P3D, then FSHost, but no servers appeared in the box to choose to connect with. Am I doing something wrong? This appears to be more complicated than with FSX, but then it has been years since I tried MP with FSX as well.

NC

falcon409
January 12th, 2013, 21:26
Shouldn't be a problem unless there's something quirky about how P3D interacts with FSHost Client. The server is up 24/7 and there are 4 servers to choose from, each one with a different hoplist currently active, but freeflight is fine as well.

Navy Chief
January 13th, 2013, 05:04
Shouldn't be a problem unless there's something quirky about how P3D interacts with FSHost Client. The server is up 24/7 and there are 4 servers to choose from, each one with a different hoplist currently active, but freeflight is fine as well.

Am sure it is something I am doing wrong. Have never attempted MP with P3D before. Maybe if someone is interested in some MP flying, let me know. Maybe I can get this figured out....

Thanks for your reply, Falcon:)

NC

Willy
January 13th, 2013, 06:29
Lionheart has been on there before in P3D. He should know how to get it to work.

Lionheart
January 15th, 2013, 15:36
For some reason, I couldnt log into our MP server with P3D directly. But.... I could use the standard FSX program that everyone uses to get onto our server via that route. Works as though its FSX, seamlessly.

I forget what that program is called. I havent installed it yet on the new computer. :S

EDIT: FSHost Client. Thanks ED. He covers it above.

Bill

Navy Chief
January 15th, 2013, 15:47
For some reason, I couldnt log into our MP server with P3D directly. But.... I could use the standard FSX program that everyone uses to get onto our server via that route. Works as though its FSX, seamlessly.

I forget what that program is called. I havent installed it yet on the new computer. :S

EDIT: FSHost Client. Thanks ED. He covers it above.

Bill

Well, I did use FSHost Client, but the SOH server did not show up. None did. NC

Tako_Kichi
January 15th, 2013, 15:58
Well, I did use FSHost Client, but the SOH server did not show up. None did. NC
Have you seen this topic on the .net site NC?

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8

Navy Chief
January 15th, 2013, 16:35
Have you seen this topic on the .net site NC?

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8

No Larry, I hadn't. Thanks. I sure don't remember having to go through this process for MP with FSX!

NC

falcon409
January 15th, 2013, 20:03
No Larry, I hadn't. Thanks. I sure don't remember having to go through this process for MP with FSX!
NC
Are you referring to the "port forwarding"? If you are using a router, you have to be sure all the ports they refer to are forwarded. If you do not use a router, no need to mess with that stuff. It has always been that way though. Problem is, if those ports aren't forwarded correctly it can block others from entering (logging on) the server.

Navy Chief
January 16th, 2013, 01:19
Are you referring to the "port forwarding"? If you are using a router, you have to be sure all the ports they refer to are forwarded. If you do not use a router, no need to mess with that stuff. It has always been that way though. Problem is, if those ports aren't forwarded correctly it can block others from entering (logging on) the server.

Well, now that you mention it, I did not check the port settings on my router. It IS a different one than I had when I last flew MP. Thanks! Will check it:)

NC