PDA

View Full Version : Pro-ATC for FSX

Stan V.
January 8th, 2013, 16:22
Does anyone have experience with or an opinion about this product?

http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcx_e/index.html (http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcx_e/index.html)

dandog
January 8th, 2013, 19:10
I'm curious too. After my 3rd fly over 'maintain 3,100 ft and expect vectors', I cancelled IFR plans and landed. The FSX ATC is so weird sometimes!

falcon409
January 8th, 2013, 19:59
I'm curious too. After my 3rd fly over 'maintain 3,100 ft and expect vectors', I cancelled IFR plans and landed. The FSX ATC is so weird sometimes!
Yea, same here. If it's not too cumbersome, I wouldn't mind anything that could do a better job than the default ATC.

Victory103
January 8th, 2013, 20:54
Got really fed up with the stock ATC and downloaded Radar Contact, which helps alot over the stock controllers.

stansdds
January 9th, 2013, 02:12
I've been following a pretty long thread about ProATC at another sim site. Seems the product is still in development and has a number of flaws and shortcomings that the developer intends to address.

dougal
January 9th, 2013, 04:30
I've been following a pretty long thread about ProATC at another sim site. Seems the product is still in development and has a number of flaws and shortcomings that the developer intends to address.

I went for it and, although I think it's a little pricy, it is good. Yes indeed, it does still have a few glitches, but the developer is red hot and fixes come out almost every other day it seems. I believe it's more than 'usable' just now, and has HUGE potential for more!

falcon409
January 9th, 2013, 05:32
I had not done the conversion on what it was in Euro's to US. . .sorry but for $65. It would need to actually fly my airplane and taxi to the correct gate, unload the passengers and make sure that there was Filet Mignon onboard for everyone, including Economy before I'd pay that much for a program that is "usable", while glitches are worked on. That's just crazy IMHO. Suddenly default ATC doesn't look all that bad, lol.:isadizzy:

nio
January 9th, 2013, 12:20
falcon

you might try ringing some changes for free with Editvoicepack

http://www.editvoicepack.com/

best

nio

falcon409
January 9th, 2013, 14:59
falcon, you might try ringing some changes for free with Editvoicepack
best,
nio
Yep, use that all the time. . .but it doesn't cure the built in incompetence of the AI Controllers, lol.

dandog
January 9th, 2013, 18:08
"Flight plan cleared as filed", then no more than 30 seconds of flight without a course correction and possibly never vectors or clearance to land. Is that what you are referring to Falcon409

falcon409
January 9th, 2013, 20:17
"Flight plan cleared as filed", then no more than 30 seconds of flight without a course correction and possibly never vectors or clearance to land. Is that what you are referring to Falcon409
Yea, that's one of many, lol:applause:

DennyA
January 9th, 2013, 21:46
I remember a number of years ago trying out a program that tied in real people acting as controllers with FS pilots. Is that still around?

stansdds
January 10th, 2013, 01:56
I remember a number of years ago trying out a program that tied in real people acting as controllers with FS pilots. Is that still around?

I think that is VATSIM and as far as I know they are still around.