PDA

View Full Version : to our Canadian friends

Daveroo
January 8th, 2013, 14:27
have any of you seen a show called "Artic Air"?,seems like its a play on Buffalo air...its based in Yellowknife,,they fly DC-3's and DHC-3 Otters,i was wiki searching stuff all afternoon and was looking at one of my all time favorite movies.."Smoke Signals" and the guy who played Victor in Smoke signals stars in Artic Air,,its first season ran on the canadian network..i think..CNC?..and a second season was picked up...

Rallymodeller
January 8th, 2013, 15:15
The aircraft in the show are provided by Buffalo, and one episode of Ice Pilots NWT actually shows the filming for an Arctic Air episode. Buffalo Joe wasn't impressed, until he was. It airs on CBC, as well as APTN, the Aboriginal network.

CG_1976
January 8th, 2013, 15:43
Being as Yellowknife is my home and where I prefer to inhabit in the winter. Go with Ice Pilots, Arctic Air to me is like a Soap. Yuo see more of my home in Canada and learn more from Ice Pilots then Arctic Air. they should do a show on the Arctic Big metal of Canadian North, Air North, First Air and Air Inuit. Those four go thru heck and back with what they have to do and land on half the time.

TailHook
January 10th, 2013, 09:29
WOW! U guys are talk'n about my FAVORITE show (Ice Pilots), I never heard of "Artic Air." I also love Coast Guard Alaska & listen to the Alaska Airmen's Association (Lake Hood) ATC daily (CLICK HERE (http://www.alaskaairmen.org/index.php?pagename=web-cam)) :mixedsmi: