PDA

View Full Version : Prepar3D v1.4 crashing on exit.

OleBoy
January 8th, 2013, 10:35
Prepar3D.exe crashing on "end flight" and "exit". Configuration settings not saved.

I've done the basic Google search for relative info to the crashing I have going on when I exit P3D. I'm not finding anything.

What I did to correct the trouble (I think. So far there have been no CTDs) was to change comparability to XP SP2.
More testing will give me the answer.

IanHenry
January 8th, 2013, 10:54
Thats intresting Oleboy, because I have the same problem.

Ian.

Lionheart
January 9th, 2013, 19:49
Ole Boy,

Mainly the only time the system would crash was when one wasnt running it in Administrator mode. Im sure you have tried that though. If that is not the reason for it crashing, then I would zoom over to the P3D forums and see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Very odd for Windows XP. Usually its only in W7 and W8.

Bill

luckydog
January 9th, 2013, 20:19
The only reason my P3D has ever crashed ( original version......haven't had any problem with 1.4 ) is if I install
a piece of crap add-on......

OleBoy
January 10th, 2013, 05:07
Ole Boy,

Mainly the only time the system would crash was when one wasnt running it in Administrator mode. Im sure you have tried that though. If that is not the reason for it crashing, then I would zoom over to the P3D forums and see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Very odd for Windows XP. Usually its only in W7 and W8.

Bill

Hi Bill

That's the part of the equation I don't understand. I've only had P3D since Windows 7 has been around. And I've always ran as administrator.
I've been thinking it may be the models I've created in Sketchup, and/or relative to ModelconverterX/Dev Release use. I was never really concerned as far as the MCX part because Arno was right on top of of fixing any issues that had risen when MCX crashed. Boy, he's busy with that program working out the bugs while he enhances it's features. It sure is a nice program.

Usually when P3D does crash on exit, I had finished doing what I was doing and forgot about until it happened again. Checking another repaint for instance.
I've searched the Prepar3D forums for an answer a few times, though I usually give up. I don't like having to read through 20 pages or 20 posts to dissect a potential possible.
One of the main reasons I no longer run FSX.

Lionheart
January 11th, 2013, 20:01
Hey OleBoy,

Roger that. LuckyDog is an example of addons getting things messed up on his sim. Try turning off your addons you put in there, all of them, including aircraft repaints, just drag the planes out of the aircraft folders to the desktop, and boot up the sim and see if it does it. If it doesnt, then you have found that 'something' you added is the culprit. Then start bringing in things and when it crashes, you'll have the bug that is doing it and can go from there on figuring out what is going on.

In FS, both versions, if you were near an airport that had a dual airport file (like one installed over it, both addons for one airport), then you crashed. Also, make sure you arent parking near a fuel grid. That could be doing it. So, try parking near a new location, different airport, see if it happens then. Could be some scenery doing this. If it doesnt do it in San Diego, but does at Phoenix, then you know something in Phoenix is doing this, etc...