PDA

View Full Version : Using FS Panel Studio to Edit Vcockpits

Milton Shupe
January 8th, 2013, 08:31
Here is how I do it.

And by the way, the $vc01 is used by the sim to find the coordinates of the background upon which the gauges are displayed. There is no texture; its just a pointer for the sim.

To get FSPS to open and edit your vcockpit sections, follow this procedure:

1. make copies of your panel.cfg, one for each vcockpit section you have.
2. Now personalize each so that they have only the vcockpit section in it you wish to edit. So, panelvc01.cfg would only have vcockpit01 section in it. Panelvc02.cfg would only have vcockpit02 data in it... etc.
3. Now change the panel cfg headers info to make it look like a 2D panel cfg as I show in the attachment.
4. Keep the vcockpitnn header data like pixel_size, file=vc01 but add the necessary 2D stuff to keep FSPS happy.
5. Now open FSPS and browse to open your panelvc01.cfg and edit just as you would a 2D panelcfg.
6. When done, copy the new gauge data from your panelvc01.cfg to your main panel.cfg putting the new data in the vcockpit01 section.

There you have it. Works great if the gauges are not part of the model. Hope this helps.

tgibson
January 10th, 2013, 10:25
Is this any different than just selecting the Vcockpit sections of the original panel.cfg file in the program? I don't have any problem doing that...

Milton Shupe
January 10th, 2013, 11:25
Is this any different than just selecting the Vcockpit sections of the original panel.cfg file in the program? I don't have any problem doing that...

Tom,

I do not seem to have that option. All I see are the 2D windows, no vcockpit sections.

I Have FSPS Build 20211.

How are you doing that?

EDIT: Okay, I installed to the latest upgrade and I do find in the Select Window Icon a list that includes the vcockpits. Cool. Thanks.