PDA

View Full Version : Program Lockup

uniform7
January 5th, 2013, 07:54
What might cause the FSX program to freeze? Was running real weather. Default everything.

Processor AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.70 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.63 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.3 GB
Page File Space 7.70 GB
System Type x64-based PC
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.50, 8/31/2012

Roger
January 5th, 2013, 08:08
We'll need a lot more information to really try to help. Are all your drivers up to date? What tweaks if any have you applied to your FsX.cfg and do you use an ATI configuration tool?
Does the freeze unfreeze again after a minute or two?

Roger.

uniform7
January 5th, 2013, 09:24
No tweaks all default. Doesn't free up, I need to shut down the computer and restart. Just started using FSX resently, been flying FS9 for eight years so I am still trying to work out the bugs. This lockup has happened before but thought I had it straight. Just flew a Flight from Lake Tahoe to Reno Live weather not a glitch. Even the engine sound when switching views worked without a hitch so still trying to figure it all out. Events Log says something like "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003 and TargetInsstance.Loadpercentage>99" I do not have a clue to what it means but liike I said, ran a scenereo and it worked fine. I am spoiled by my FS9 now 40fps like butter,Eight years of play but I wish I could put the best from FSX and FS9 together. I'm holding 30fps except around the big airports and cities. Should I expect more? My sliders are set kind of moderate. Been trying all the suggestins I find to see what works. Sorry for the long reply. So many questions new and all.

robert41
January 5th, 2013, 09:50
After a little searching, "//./root/CIMV2", looks like the Win7 permissions issue. Run FSX as administrator. Right click on the FSX icon, click run as admin. Also, a good idea to keep the main FSX folder out of program files and program files 86 folders.

Roger
January 5th, 2013, 09:57
Updating drivers especially for you video card is paramount. The best FsX setup guide on the web, I belive is Kosta's guide here:

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/78-software-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

Good luck and come back to us for any more help you need. Oh I believe that Win 7, like Vista needs to run with UAC off or at minimum.

Roger.

uniform7
January 5th, 2013, 14:37
What is the UAC? Where do I turn it off? Do I need to right click the FSX Icon everytime to run as administrator? Thought I already was how do I check?

Roger
January 5th, 2013, 14:56
User Account Control. It's the nastiest invention M$ ever came up with for individual users. May be good in an office environment to stop individuals compromising the system but nuts for an individual user. Google it to find out how to stop it messing with your system.

uniform7
January 5th, 2013, 17:30
Believe I found it. I was set as the administrator anyway. set it for everyone to access everything I hope. Question, Used the Jesus Altuve auto-Tweaker for FSX seemed to help a lot looking at the guide above some of the numbers are different would it be to my advantage to try different stuff? already steady 30fps exceptaround big airports and cities drop to 15-20 fps. getting a second video card added next week they that will help. Am I about where it's as good as it gets? Took eight years to bring FS9 to the beatiful locked 39.9 forever!

robert41
January 5th, 2013, 18:16
Hello. With regards to the UAC, in control panel, all control panel items, user accounts, click- change user account control settings, drag the slider all the way down. This turns off UAC.

uniform7
January 6th, 2013, 20:42
Everything was running great no changes on my part could it be a security update or somethig? Fly maybe 5-10 minutes program locks up I am bumb. Tryed clean reinstall everything. What could it be please tell me all the possibilities.