PDA

View Full Version : Reporting troublesome downloads

kelticheart
December 20th, 2012, 00:37
Greetings everybody! :wavey:

I am trying to access the Add-ons lib, but I keep being redirected to an "Activity Stream" page I never saw before.

Is there some maintenance going on I missed the announcement or there's a problem somewhere?

Thank you for your help!
:snowman: KH :ernae:

Rami
December 20th, 2012, 00:40
Stefano,

It appears to be the latter, Il mio buon amico. I will report it immediately. :salute:

UPDATE: Here, I found a back door. Use this for now: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php

Cheers!

kelticheart
December 20th, 2012, 09:12
Stefano,

It appears to be the latter, Il mio buon amico. I will report it immediately. :salute:

UPDATE: Here, I found a back door. Use this for now: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php

Cheers!

Roger mate!

I think SOH's temporary illness was taken care of. From my home pc I can enter the Library with no problems now. I'll take advantage of it tomorrow at the office, I still have some large stuff to bring to my hangar....http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hopefully, next year I'll be able to set up a Skype account, so we'll be able to stay in touch better than before. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/icon30.gif

Thank you!
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/snowman.gif Stef http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/ernaehrung004.gif

kelticheart
January 4th, 2013, 04:24
Hi everybody,

I am having problems with some files I downloaded. My Winzip program reports they are part of spanned archives and they cannot be opened.

The files are:

D3A1 Val skinpack from UncleTgt
8th FG Airacobra pack3 from UncleTgt
F4U-1 Corsair for CFS2 (USCorsair.zip) from BoeingvsAirbusNKL

I know this is going to bother our magnificent librarian, sorry Rami. Thank you! ;)

:snowman: Cheers! :santahat:
KH :ernae:

Rami
January 4th, 2013, 04:36
Good afternoon to you.

No worries, Stefano. I'm on this like flies on s*it. :salute:

Rami
January 4th, 2013, 04:54
Kelti,

Have you been forgetting to clean your shoes / feet in that bizarre toilet apparatus that us Americans have no idea how to use again? I downloaded all of the packages and unzipped them just to be safe...no problems reported. :isadizzy:

kelticheart
January 9th, 2013, 00:26
Kelti,

Have you been forgetting to clean your shoes / feet in that bizarre toilet apparatus that us Americans have no idea how to use again? I downloaded all of the packages and unzipped them just to be safe...no problems reported. :isadizzy:

You are partly right, my friend! :blind:
Apparently I did not refresh my ideas in that apparatus you speak about, which is not meant to clean shoes but something else, in addition to just toilet paper....:monkies:

I was probably using a WinZip version too old to detect new compressed files. At any rate, I wasn't able to unpack AFScrub's converted Birdcage Corsair even with the latest version of WinZip, which kept reporting it is as part of a spanned (from Jurassic floppy disks era....) archive set. It occurred me I have 7Zip installed as well, which opened it fine.

BTW: what a fine looking model and top notch FPS performance!!! I am working to replace her prop disks with updated textures I've been working on and off for the last two months. I'm almost ready to upload the first samples. :jump:

On the other hand, UncleTgt's files kept having the same problem, until I happened to try downloading them from Linday's website. I opened those effortlessly at the first attempt even with me olde WinZip 8.0, but I noticed their size was slightly bigger than the same ones uploaded here. :icon_eek:

GO FIGURE!

:snowman: Cheers!

UncleTgt
January 9th, 2013, 04:10
Hi Stafano,

I repeated Rami's steps & just downloaded both files without problem. I was able to open using windows explorer (WIN 7 laptop). One thing I did notice with 8FG Airacobra pack 3 is I'd left the 24 bit bitmaps in the upload, & that makes the file size much larger. I'll replace with an updated version that just has the texture bitmaps in, saving on filesize.

PS zips were made using Winzip 8.2, I too see no point in upgrading just for the sake of it!

kelticheart
January 10th, 2013, 01:11
Hi Stafano,

I repeated Rami's steps & just downloaded both files without problem. I was able to open using windows explorer (WIN 7 laptop). One thing I did notice with 8FG Airacobra pack 3 is I'd left the 24 bit bitmaps in the upload, & that makes the file size much larger. I'll replace with an updated version that just has the texture bitmaps in, saving on filesize.

PS zips were made using Winzip 8.2, I too see no point in upgrading just for the sake of it!

Hello there! :wavey:

I noticed you replaced the blurred propeller texture in your Airacobra repaints with one of my generic textures. Shortly after The B24Guy uploaded his overhaul pack of the stock P-39D, I uploaded a specific Curtiss-Electric texture, the propeller brand used by Bell in their Airacobra assembly line.

My upload probably got lost with the various HDD crashes, hacker attacks and server upgrades, would you like me to send you a copy?

UncleTgt
January 10th, 2013, 08:11
Hi Stef,

Just point me in the right direction if it's already here - all I did was look thu the stuff I'd downloaded years ago & couldn't really find anything ideal :kilroy:

Shadow Wolf 07
January 10th, 2013, 09:01
Roger mate!

...Hopefully, next year I'll be able to set up a Skype account, so we'll be able to stay in touch better than before. :icon30:

Thank you!
:snowman: Stef :ernae:

That would be great. :salute:

kelticheart
January 10th, 2013, 09:13
Hi Stef,

Just point me in the right direction if it's already here - all I did was look thu the stuff I'd downloaded years ago & couldn't really find anything ideal :kilroy:

Check your e-mail! :jump: