PDA

View Full Version : F-14D Tomcat update

Dino Cattaneo
January 4th, 2013, 01:48
Just a brief update on my new rendition of the F-14D...basically an Alpha version is ready...and has been ready for some weeks now. There are just few bits missing here and there, specifically:
- The outer model is done, but there is chance to add some more eye candy...
- The RIO cockpit is practically done, but mostly INOP. And need some minor details.
- The code for some systems and gauges is buggy and incomplete.
So it is flyable (and fun!), but I'd prefer to make some progress before releasing a public Beta. I cannot say how long it will take...it is mainly depending on the time I will have.

Stickshaker
January 4th, 2013, 02:18
The looks are definitely more than Alpha, Dino!

skyhawka4m
January 4th, 2013, 02:20
RELEASE that baby ANYTIME!!!

questions:
1. When parked can pilots be removed? (I'd love to see this with the T-45 also)
2. Paint kit?
3. Plugs and Flags on battery turn off?

Dino Cattaneo
January 4th, 2013, 02:57
@Stickshaker - Well, yes...it is more than an Alpha...but it is not "feature complete", so it cannot be called a Beta :-)

@Skyhawka4m - I believe my replies will not make you happy, but at the moment:
Pilots removal - Not with the current model. There is room for (minor) eye candies, however.
Paintkit - Not planned yet...
Plugs and Flags - Not at the moment...

Victory103
January 4th, 2013, 05:32
Outstanding job Dino, always a huge Turkey fan, can't let the jet go away (at least in the sim). Great job on the RIO's pit, any plans for the PTID, ie AI radar or GPS page?

Odie
January 4th, 2013, 11:36
Dino....jaw just hit the floor! Most excellent progress, sir! Looking forward to taking your big Cat for a walk.

skyhawka4m
January 4th, 2013, 13:21
@Stickshaker - Well, yes...it is more than an Alpha...but it is not "feature complete", so it cannot be called a Beta :-)

@Skyhawka4m - I believe my replies will not make you happy, but at the moment:
Pilots removal - Not with the current model. There is room for (minor) eye candies, however.
Paintkit - Not planned yet...
Plugs and Flags - Not at the moment...

BUMMER! but...hey....she's looking awesome.....out of the three I am hoping for a layer PSD set .