PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again [Bandwidth Drive]

Dangerousdave26
January 2nd, 2013, 16:31
One of the biggest misconceptions on the internet is that the sites that we access for free every day are also free to set up and manage. The truth is that this site's administrators pay thousands of dollars every year. Many sites like Avsim and Flightsim get their revenue from advertisements. Not here. Sim-Outhouse depends solely on user donations. In return, you get one of the best Flight Sim sites on the web, and you get it without any advertisements. This year's $10,000 goal is to pay for both the .com page with these forums and the downloads archive and the .net page with not only its forums but also the FSHost and TeamSpeak servers. As of this writing, we currently have 7,321 members. If only 15% were to give only $10 each, we would meet our goal. That's about the same as a meal for one at a decent restaurant. If every member listed gave just $5, we could pay for service for two more years and beyond. It's not hard people, with just a little bit of generosity, this place will be here for years to come!

To donate, you can use the link at the top of every page, or to send a check or money order, Ron's address is in this thread (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?74595-We-Need-Your-Help-2013-Bandwidth-Drive).

The_Editor
January 3rd, 2013, 04:41
Another year gone. Where does the time go?

Money sent. :salute:

sc7500
January 3rd, 2013, 05:59
"...If only 15% were to give $10 each, we would meet our goal. That's about the same as a meal for one at a decent restaurant. If every member listed gave just $5, we could pay for service for two more years and beyond...."

When you consider how much the SOH offers us in exchange for $10.00 a year, I wish I could send MORE !!!

Thanks for everything, guys - MEMBERSHIP, OPEN YOUR WALLETS !!!
SC
:kilroy:

skylane
January 3rd, 2013, 06:57
Just sent my contribution.

Thanks to all who work to keep this great site alive!

Shadow Wolf 07
January 3rd, 2013, 12:08
Cheerfully done...

onnogras
January 3rd, 2013, 13:03
Send!

Indeed, time flies as well.....

Rami
January 5th, 2013, 18:58
Hey guys,

I usually lead the charge on this, but I am hard-up for cash at the moment, and am unable to contribute due to some personal, unexpected expenses. For those of you who have not donated, please consider doing so. When I have some spare $$, I will be more than happy to contribute to the pot.

Let's keep this great site rolling, guys! I know you have it in ya....

Jaxon
January 6th, 2013, 06:10
Done!

Jagdflieger
January 6th, 2013, 16:56
I'm in.

Thanks to all of you who have donated already!

beepee
January 7th, 2013, 07:36
Done with pleasure for SOH to keep going so well :salute::engel016:

Captain Kurt
January 27th, 2013, 12:07
Done. $10 for me and an extra $15 for Rami, my friend. :salute:

Rami
January 27th, 2013, 12:19
Kurt,

Thanks. I haven't made it publicly known, but I've had to help my mom out for several months due to a snafu with her medical insurance, though that now is in the process of working itself through, and will be fixed by May. I intend, donation drive or not, to give my share when my financial situation improves, but having an extra drain of $400-500 per month to help out family members for several months takes a bite out of discretionary spending, as you can imagine. :salute:

Captain Kurt
January 27th, 2013, 12:38
Rami,

It's very little really, to say thank you for all the support and help you have given me - and all of us at SOH. :icon29: