PDA

View Full Version : Razbam A-7 voice distraction

heavy
December 30th, 2012, 23:30
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the annoying "Dont sink" calls when I'm trying to land? Been getting sort of nostalgic lately with the Enterprise and the A-4 and A-7 but that call just steals all the jelly out of my dougnut. Thanks in advance!

H

falcon409
December 31st, 2012, 00:13
Those "Bitching Betty" warnings have always irritated me and I fixed it permanently by going to the main FSX/sounds folder, locating every wav file that had a warning and deleting it. That may be a bit "over the top" for some, but I don't have the irritation any more, so it worked for me.:salute:

rdaniell
December 31st, 2012, 02:57
Thanks Falcon...I think that's what I'm going to do.:pop4:

RD

kdfw
December 31st, 2012, 05:01
add to aircraft.cfg

[GPWS]
max_warning_height = -1 //No need for GPWS

William Njurmi
December 31st, 2012, 06:08
Could it be difficult to add to cfg a macro or via fsuipc a proper start up button. That ctrl+e spoils my immersion...

hschuit
December 31st, 2012, 07:06
Could it be difficult to add to cfg a macro or via fsuipc a proper start up button. That ctrl+e spoils my immersion...

Yep, me too still cannot believe these otherwise very good VC's are lacking the engine starter switch (which should be on the throttle). I doubt there is a decent work around for that. To make things more complicated, the various models had different engine start procedures: The A-7E has a pneumatic starter requiring ground air supply; I guess that also applies for the older ones like the A-7A/A-7B. The A-7H, TA-7H and A-7K have self-start capability through a battery-powered electric motor that actuates a small gas turbine (jet fuel starter).

rdaniell
December 31st, 2012, 07:47
add to aircraft.cfg [GPWS]
max_warning_height = -1 //No need for GPWS

Thanks kdfw...I'm glad I had not already tracked down all those wav files.
RD

heavy
January 1st, 2013, 19:31
Falcon, Kdfw thanks for the help. I got rid of it. Now I can land in peace!

H

kdfw
January 1st, 2013, 19:53
no problem, enjoy the quiet ride on the excellent a7.

btw, perhaps interested in new pilot texture for the a7?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?s=&catid=3&nameid=PQRS&sort=h&page=1&pp=20&keyid=6276&doit=Go