PDA

View Full Version : FSDS T-6 issue

Dave22
December 28th, 2012, 16:41
Realizing I'm not the greatest virtual pilot. Wonder if anyone can offer up some tips.

I suffer to keep the plane in the air, and climbing above 2500 ft is difficult, at best.

Mostly I've been flying it in Orbx Australia, default clear weather.

Thanks in advance.

Daveroo
December 28th, 2012, 18:01
im far from an expert myself...or even a halfbaked pilot...but are you managing the engine correctly...meaning the mixture settings..prop?(i havent flown a T-6 in so long i cant remember if it has a ajustable prop)..how do your other planes fly?...are you sure you flaps are up?..i know silly but what the heck?..if you are having trouble with other planes...check your controler settings?..

no one else was answering...so i gave it a shot.....maybe one of the more experianced guys will pitch in

dandog
December 28th, 2012, 18:48
What are aircraft are you using? There are different issues if flying a single engine fixed prop, versus a single engine with a constant speed prop (can adjust the pitch of the blades), a turbo-prop single versus a turbo-prop with multiple engines, versus a jet/fan-jet with a single or multi-engine set-up. We are more than happy to put our 2 cents in. With all of the people here, that could turn out to be quite a sum of money. :mixedsmi:

With that said, are you flying the radial or turbo prop?

mjrhealth
December 28th, 2012, 20:51
Have you checked to see the plane is not overloaded, The default FSX settings tends to overload planes. Always a good idea to check fuel and load before flying.

Stefano Zibell
December 28th, 2012, 21:43
I believe it's actually a feature instead of an issue. If you are referring to Warwick Carter's model, it has engine damage built in. That said, simply keep an eye on the manifold pressure gauge, and don't exceed harmful levels. You will be able to accelerate full-throttle when on higher altitudes.

...And you just made me install it again!