PDA

View Full Version : Waco SRE on Final

PutPut
January 5th, 2009, 13:14
This is my third "go" at the Waco SRE and if I live long enough it won't be the last. I think it and the Beech Staggerwing are the best looking GA biplanes ever produced.
I also have a personal attachment to the SRE; I had a friend during my days at Hughes Aircraft in the '70's that owned one. It was a 1939 build that he had lovingly restored. It was based at Chino Ca. and we spent many happy hours in this beauty flying around the So. Cal. countryside and an occasional trip to Mexico. It was one of the few that was powered with a 300hp Jacobs rather than the bigger engines desired by most. It would "only" cruise at 145 vs 165 for the others, but burned about half the gas.
My model is painted to match this SRE as best I can remember. It is a native FSX Accel. model. It has reflective glass and a mild specular shine. I should be done with it in about a week.

Cheers, Paul

Barvan40
January 5th, 2009, 13:19
Beautiful airplane Paul!

Barry

MorrisTheCat
January 5th, 2009, 13:45
And the hits just keep on coming...to quote Mr. Casey Casen!

Regards,

MoCat

MCDesigns
January 5th, 2009, 14:09
Nice!! :ernae:

Bomber_12th
January 5th, 2009, 14:34
She looks beautiful Paul, and I especially like the very nice VC!
Thank you for the amount of time you devote to these aircraft - I am looking forward to adding this one to the hangar!

Boomer
January 5th, 2009, 15:08
:applause::applause::applause::ernae:

lifejogger
January 5th, 2009, 18:28
WOW:ernae: I like it.

djscoo
January 5th, 2009, 18:34
:applause:You're really cranking them out! Plus, they're just getting better and better...this one and your phantom are the best yet!:applause:

italoc
January 6th, 2009, 07:58
:applause::applause::applause:

Looking forward

Italo