PDA

View Full Version : Migs

eccles
January 5th, 2009, 13:00
Hello to all Mig Maniacs [there are some?]
has anyone tried the Mig-15 and Mig-17 from Bear studious? Are there any freeware models to be had?

Have recently downloaded the F-86E/F Sabre from Section8 and it is a work of art and so much fun to fly. And it puts some of my payware addons to shame.

If anyone can help out with the Migs I would be grateful, thanking you.

eccles:rapture:

djscoo
January 5th, 2009, 13:05
I can tell you the Bear Studios Mig-15 is the best Mig out there. (I think it is also the only one though there may be a MiG-21 in the works):trophy:

gajit
January 5th, 2009, 13:08
I can tell you the Bear Studios Mig-15 is the best Mig out there. (I think it is also the only one though there may be a MiG-21 in the works):trophy:

I agree with djscoo - the Mig-15 is very well done. :jump:

Txmmy83
January 5th, 2009, 13:45
but Bear Studios Mig renditions are not ready for DX10 preview mode !!

have their Mig15

BR
Tom
Simaerobatic

heywooood
January 5th, 2009, 16:26
I've been wondering about the Bear Studio Mig as well and thought it funny that it didn't seem to have any screenshots on this board...I thought all the best planes were generally featured in screenies here at one time or another.

I might have to get that Mig 15....after the Iris F-14 ofcourse

lukecrowley571
January 6th, 2009, 08:42
I'm tempted by the Bear Studio's Mig 15, but I've heard there are issues with it when running SP2/Acceleration. How does it work in SP2 with DX9?

Nick C
January 6th, 2009, 09:23
I took some pictures of the MIG 15 in FSX some time ago, but I can't for the life of me remember which SP I was running, if any.

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/Bear_mig15.htm

kilo delta
January 6th, 2009, 10:15
Flight1/Bear Studios also have the MiG-17 available to us fsx'ers. Not fsx native and not dx10 compatible, though.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0808/Flight1/MiG17.htm

eccles
January 6th, 2009, 10:36
Thanks for the replies gents, looks like I will have to take the padlock off my wallet and prize it open carefully and look for some cash. Got to have a decent Mig for FSX though. Oh the pain, the pain.

regards.....................eccles

JohnC
January 6th, 2009, 10:51
A small word of caution. I really like the Mig-15, but after Accel/SP2 I was unable to gear the landing gear and stores/release to function properly (they were permanently extended and would not release).

ICDP
January 6th, 2009, 10:53
The Bear Studios stuff Migs have no FSX unique features such as normalmaps or speculars etc. They are essentially a very nice FS9 model that work in FSX. For $30 I don't find them worth the price. I bought the Mig-15 as it is my favourite 50s era jet. I love the Mig-15 but just can't bring myself to fly the Bear Studios one I bought. It looks ok but nothing special and the FM has none of the quirks the Mig-15 was famous for.

IMHO stay clear unless you simply have to have a Mig that works in FSX.

krazycolin
January 6th, 2009, 12:08
If you can wait just a bit... say, two or three months, you'll have a real nice Mig-15... made for FSX... we're almost done....

cheezyflier
January 6th, 2009, 12:27
the best mig group to join is this one: http://www.migcruisers.com/
i have been a member for about 7 or 8 years

Nick C
January 6th, 2009, 12:55
If you can wait just a bit... say, two or three months, you'll have a real nice Mig-15... made for FSX... we're almost done....

Eccles, here is a preview from the Milviz forum:

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5

Scratch
January 6th, 2009, 16:56
Can't wait for that one!

eccles
January 7th, 2009, 14:50
Thank you Krazycolin and Nick C, that milviz Mig-15 looks outstanding, hope you have given the beast a good flight model with all its quirks. The Do-27 still bites me from time to time if I'm not careful. Love a aircraft that keeps you on your toes!

Look forward to the finished product, take all the time you need.

regards....................eccles