PDA

View Full Version : Dash7

TREETOP
December 27th, 2012, 20:55
Thanks Milton and crew for this great plane.:salute:

I am having a problem that I hope someone might help me with.
I can't control the plane when taxiing. It just wants to go. Full brake will not stop it.

I am using a CH Yoke with Pedals. They are set up with levers for the Throttle (Z axis), Propeller (Y axis), and Mixture (X axis).

What I have noticed is that in the VC pedestal the Mixture lever (x axis) is controlling the propellers.
However when I open the Pedestal from the view menu it is the Propeller lever (y axis) that is controlling the propellers.

I was wondering if this would be causing a conflict and if anyone might know if this can be corrected?

The yoke seems to be working for all the other planes, and even a Dash7 that was for FS9.

fliger747
December 27th, 2012, 21:01
For turbines and many radials you should have no mixture axis.

T

Milton Shupe
December 27th, 2012, 21:12
For ground ops, you should have the condition lever (what you are calling mixture) at ground idle (same place as the start position-just above fuel cutoff)) and props full forward, power pulled back. (for the way your yoke is mapped - same as mine)

This reduces RPMs and thus torque.

Doing this properly she will sit tight without brakes.

TREETOP
December 28th, 2012, 08:42
Thanks Milton.
Didn't realize that they were two different gauges.
Thanks again for the prompt reply
Happy New Year!.

dougal
January 4th, 2013, 12:38
I too could use a little help with what is probably my all time favorite TP...?

Seems I'm having some trim issues. When I set my TO trim as per included docs, this baby just leaps off the ground, requiring massive amounts of elevator to stop it. Even if I trim the aircraft nose down, she wants to climb hard.

I'm not having this with anything else - just the dash7

Any advice or help appreciated as I'm left scratching my head:icon_lol:

nigel richards
January 4th, 2013, 14:16
I too could use a little help with what is probably my all time favorite TP...?

Seems I'm having some trim issues. When I set my TO trim as per included docs, this baby just leaps off the ground, requiring massive amounts of elevator to stop it. Even if I trim the aircraft nose down, she wants to climb hard.

I'm not having this with anything else - just the dash7

Any advice or help appreciated as I'm left scratching my head:icon_lol:

There are two flight models to choose from (by Bernt Stolle and Tom Falley);
make sure you're using the correct cfg file provided in the download package for the FM of your choice.

Reddog
January 4th, 2013, 15:54
Aren't there 3 FM's with the a/c. Besides those 2 the is one already installed for the a/c.:isadizzy:

Milton Shupe
January 4th, 2013, 17:13
Aren't there 3 FM's with the a/c. Besides those 2 the is one already installed for the a/c.:isadizzy:

NO.

Two FM's in Master Copy folders.

Copy from either one to make active.

The one that is active by default (from distribution) in FSX is the Bernt Stolle FM.

If you wish to try Tom's FM, copy the aircraft.cfg and .air file from his folder to make it active.

No need to back up the active FM; the master copies are in folders for you. Just copy from either and overlay the active one.

Bernt's FM requires zero takeoff trim

Tom's FM requires +6-7 takeoff trim (see the trim wheel indicator).

If you apply other than zero trim to Bernt's FM you will takeoff vertically and stall.
If you reload the aircraft with Bernt's FM while in flight, be advised she will climb vertically as the FM requires around -7 trim in cruise flight.

If you are in question about which FS is active, just copy the one you want from the Master Copy folders.