PDA

View Full Version : ice on lakes

RyanJames170
December 27th, 2012, 13:19
is there a way to make the lakes ice during the winter in aria's where this dose happen?

DaveKDEN
December 27th, 2012, 13:53
is there a way to make the lakes ice during the winter in aria's where this dose happen?

I believe that's a feature in Orbx products. I'm not sure about default scenery???

BTW - "area's" and "does"

William Njurmi
December 27th, 2012, 14:24
In Finland X this may occur. http://files.fsnordic.net/Flight_Simulator/Scenery/Finland/

scott967b
December 28th, 2012, 00:43

UTX also has a feature of this (terrain - water textures), but AFAIK it doesn't read the "seasons" file, so you get ice everywhere. You do have the option of setting just for certain types of water bodies.

scott s.

hae5904
December 28th, 2012, 02:37
Well you had a payware utility made by and known as Samoshin, with one click you were able to transform the textures into a white winter world, including snowtextured roofs.
Unfortunately it has been taken from the market.

An alternative is to make a copy of all the water textures and using an ice texture as bases for all those water textures to be replaced.....and that is a lot of work! (mainly the renaming.....)

Cheers,
Hank

Francois
December 28th, 2012, 09:49
You CAN in FSAddon's Misty Fjords for FS2004. It is a feature that Holger Sandmann has added :wavey: He also implemented it in Tongass Fjords X and VancouverPlus for FSX and of course took the technique with him to Orbx after that. It is NOT something you can add yourself in FSX.

gradyhappyg
December 28th, 2012, 10:09
Aerosofts Anchorage X also has that feature found out by crashing into Lake Hood or should I say onto Lake Hood.

SkippyBing
December 28th, 2012, 10:09
I believe that's a feature in Orbx products. I'm not sure about default scenery???

BTW - "area's" and "does"

If you're being pedantic, 'areas' being the plural form of area rather than the possessive, doesn't have an apostrophe...

DaveKDEN
December 28th, 2012, 10:20
If you're being pedantic, 'areas' being the plural form of area rather than the possessive, doesn't have an apostrophe...

Well, dang nabit, durn flabit, and darn rabit, I was typin' too darn fast and threw in that rascal apostrophe so as such, you are correct. I don't think I was being overly pedantic, however, spelling mistakes of such magnitude shouldn't be overlooked. In the end, I was just trying to help. :salute:

SkippyBing
December 28th, 2012, 11:49
Well, dang nabit, durn flabit, and darn rabit, I was typin' too darn fast and threw in that rascal apostrophe so as such, you are correct. I don't think I was being overly pedantic, however, spelling mistakes of such magnitude shouldn't be overlooked. In the end, I was just trying to help. :salute:

It's almost inevitable you'll make a mistake of your own when correcting someone else's on a forum, I think it may even be a rule!

DaveKDEN
December 28th, 2012, 12:03
It's almost inevitable you'll make a mistake of your own when correcting someone else's on a forum, I think it may even be a rule!

Indeed!

gradyhappyg
December 28th, 2012, 12:47
aLL RITE NOE NEDE TO GET ALL NITTPICKIED OVER GRAFIMATICAL ERRORRZ?