PDA

View Full Version : Engines wont start or restart

Landman
December 27th, 2012, 08:40
I have been having a problem lately with engines on some aircraft not starting or if they are already running and I shut them down they wont restart. I tried resetting all failures, loading the default 172, saving that flight, shutting down FSX, and restarting with the default 172 with all switches on. All is fine until I switch to another prop driven aircraft then then engines wont start. I did make sure that mixture was open, mags were on, fuel tank valves set correctly, etc. If I load the default 172 and start the engine then switch to another piston plane then all is fine and the engines are running until I close the mixture and let the prop stop. Once I try to restart it only cranks but wont fire up. Any ideas on how to fix this bug? It affects a number of different aircraft.

glennc
December 27th, 2012, 10:52
What's the field elevation? I did a Fixed wing tour flight at the Grand Canyon a few years ago. The airplane was a C207. It was interesting watching the pilot at the high elevation. Mixture was about half way out at engine start, then leaned/enriched as needed as the engine warmed up. I have found that to works pretty well in FSX. At the high elevations, keep the idle a little high and maybe have the fuel pump on but I'm not sure about that last point.

Glenn

AussieMan
December 27th, 2012, 12:30
I had a similar problem with a couple of aircraft in P3D and here is the reply that I got:

Yep. Several pre-saved cold and dark flights in exotic addons will cause other planes 'not' to be able to start when used in 'other' saved cold and dark flights.

A good way to fix the situation if you want to save that 'one' plane in anothers cold and dark is to open the FLT file with Notepad and look for electrical and fuel things that have 'False' next to them. Change to True and it should then start.

Another thing is to start the 'original' plane in that cold and dark so that all systems are running, then open up the new plane in it (all running) and shut that new one down in your cold and dark. This way you keep your save point, park spot, weather, etc, and it will start.</SPAN>

bazzar
December 27th, 2012, 13:32
Sounds like you've hit a lesser known FSX bug. Check that your fuel cocks are open. Usually, it is down to the fuel cutoff(s) being "OFF". Whatever you're keystroke isnfor fuel/cock/cutoff (usually cntrl/F4 I think), use that and try starting. Should work. I think there was a bug fix some time ago but as support is now gone, you're flying solo...:engel016: