PDA

View Full Version : HMS Furious 1942 Flight Deck camo

UncleTgt
December 26th, 2012, 13:51
Some comparison pics of Flight Deck colours used on Collin's excellent HMS Furious (1942).

Was she really this bright a green? The colour chart I found seem to indicate 2 separate schemes , one based on green shades, & one based on blues & greys, using the same pattern. But those greens look so bright?

UncleTgt
December 26th, 2012, 13:55
... so I tried a subdued look, keeping the shade definition whilst removing the colour intensity. I know warship camo colours are very subjective, but I think the subdued look is closer to how I'd imagine the real thing appears under (most) lighting conditions.

CrisGer
January 18th, 2013, 14:41
I would tend to agree with you, tho Colin is quite accurate with his ship textures. A place to ask is here:

http://www.worldnavalships.com/forums/index.php

some very knowledgeable naval experts hang out over there and it is a great resource.

also use this search and you will fine over 100 pics of the HMS Furious

www.picsearch.com/

Collin
January 19th, 2013, 09:39
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you Uncle, but I'm not sure about the Fox4 site with Tango giving up cfs2.

A suggestion for you tho, perhaps if you textured the bmp for her 1944 scheme, it could then be rather weathered and weary as the poor old gal didn't get any real support from then on to her scrapping.

Hi Cris.

regards Collin:ernae: