mustangman13134
December 24th, 2012, 15:47
Anything new? Any news at all?

mustangman13134
December 26th, 2012, 14:27
Anyone...?

Daube
December 26th, 2012, 14:39
There are no news at all, and there probably won't be anything new about it before 2014.
The next A2A projects are the C172 and another GA plane, I keep forgetting the name.
Then they will hopefully proceed with the F-104. And finally, if no new projects appear in between, they might do the F-4.

MudMarine
December 26th, 2012, 16:02
C172......sorry but that is boring! Can't A2A do better than that? Now I've gone and made people mad, Oh well.

Roadburner440
December 26th, 2012, 16:06
According to Scott the 172 and the Piper (I keep thinking Comanche, but think it is really a Cherokee. Always confuse the 2) are the next 2 off the presses. That will be followed by the F-104. Which like the Spitfire was to the P-51 the F-104 is the test bed for all of the F-4's systems.... So once the first 3 have cleared the gate the F-4 is to follow after. Plus the Spitfire Mk V has been put on the back burner, plus some other projects Lewis and crew keep hinting at but won't talk about. I think 2013 will be a good year though if we are all patient. I myself have been waiting for a good F-4 for FSX for a long time ever since Cloud9 vanished off the radar.

Daube
December 27th, 2012, 02:05
The GA planes are awaited by the community. People have been complaining about the lack of Accusimed GA planes for a long while. There was the Cub only, but this plane is seriously useless and boring.
So the C172 and the Cherokee are welcome. I don't care so much for the C172 but I like the Cherokee idea.
I simply wish they'd gone for some more "beloved" models instead, something more legendary, like a Beaver or a Goose or any other classic beauty...

kilo delta
December 27th, 2012, 02:42
I dunno...I reckon the 172 will be a big seller for them. I mean half the world have trained to fly in Cessna's of some variant. How many flight schools have P-51's, Spitfire's etc for people looking to get their PPL ticket!:icon_lol:
For those that are in PPL training at the moment I'd imagine an accusimed C172 would be a godsend (make it a pretty tired and worn 70's version with steam gauges ,please, A2A).
For that reason I'd also like to see a Dodo'd Robinson R22/R44 for the egg beater fans!

MudMarine
December 27th, 2012, 03:16
Good points all. The idea of simming to me is to fly the aircraft that you'll never get an oppurtunity in the real world. In other words, P51, Spitfires etc. not C172. I'm sure A2A is filling a need, they wouldn't be doing it not to make money. I can't remember the last time I flew a GA plane.......5 years ago? And I think I fell asleep at the controls! JOKING!

fliger747
December 27th, 2012, 09:58
The cost pf flight training being what it is today, it is useful to be able to finish that rating or liscense in minimum real plane hours. Though FSX is not a certified training device it is indeed useful. I even use the PMDG 747 to practice new airports or bone up on procedures for the sim checks.

To have authentic trainer aircraft could indeed be useful, and a big step to people having a reql as it gets flight experience.

T

pilottj
December 27th, 2012, 10:30
Someday my dreams will be answered and A2A will do a complete accusimmed Beech 18/C-45/AT-11 package. That I think would be a huge seller because it covers just about all the genres..ie military transport/trainer, GA bush wheels/floats, airshow bird, exec, airliner, cargo..etc.

Until that glorious dream comes true, we have many many great releases to look foward too. Even if the GA 172s, Cherokees...etc don't float your boat, the warbirds you have aren't going to go bad. Even the old P-47 is still the best Jug out there for FSX. Just like PMDG's 747 is a little dated graphically, it is still simply the best 747 for FSX, at least untl 747v2 arrives.

So enjoy your Spitfire, P-51, P-40 and so on. I know the P-40 will be a favorite of mine for years to come. Before you know it we will be rocketing around in the Zipper.

ColoKent
December 27th, 2012, 11:05
....for an Accusimmed tubeliner would be a Fokker F.27 or Dash 7.

---as for GA aircraft, the MU-2 is pretty close to being a GREAT choice, IMHO...

Kent

DennyA
December 27th, 2012, 13:03
As much as the F-104 is one of my very favorite planes, since there's already an excellent native F-104 for FSX, but no native F-4, I wish they'd shift the priorities there. I understand their F-104 might be more detailed/accurate than the existing one, but still, no FSX Phantom is a travesty!

Oh well, glad TK's doing F-4s, A-4s, and all those fun planes in Strike Fighters, at least. Scenery's pretty plain, but a great variety of classic fighters in each sim for the price of one good FSX add-on.

AusWilko
December 27th, 2012, 13:41
Yeah I do wish it would come out, be worth the wait but, that's for sure

MudMarine
December 27th, 2012, 15:12
I'm changing my mind on the C172, if I can do that? I can see the value of a well done C172 for pilots, makes sense. I might even buy it! If A2A does a Navy/Marine version of the F-4 I'll be interested. If they don't, I won't have much interest; it seems that A2A doesn't like anything with arresting hooks!

airattackimages
December 27th, 2012, 15:30
The F-4 is sorely needed... Yet another 172, not so much.

pilottj
December 27th, 2012, 15:32
I would love to see some accusimmed tailhook equipment, such as a nice F7F or somthing. I think one reason a tailhook plane from A2A might not happen is the way A2A researches their airplanes. They like to go to an actual aircraft, and record everything, the nuts & bolts, fluids, handling, stresses imposed on the aircraft and so on. It might be that it would be impossible for them to record and model aircraft carrier operations consistent with the quality of the rest of their modelling. I don't know they would find anyone who owns a vintage carrier airplane willing to slam their craft on to a deck with an arresting wire for recording purposes :)

That is just a theory, but if they do make a navy plane, I would buy it in a heartbeat :salute::icon29:

Sieggie
December 27th, 2012, 16:13
Pretty sure the Phantom will be designed to slam into the deck and stop short at the end of the wire.

Dave

MudMarine
December 27th, 2012, 16:56
I'm pretty sure airforce F4's had a hook. But I'd like to see a Navy/Marine model, either way an F4 would be nice. I spent some time around them in the Corps, we call them flying bricks. I'm not a huge fan but a VMFA-333 F4 would be very cool!

I think there are plenty examples of WWII Navy/Marine aircraft A2A could use to model for FSX/P3D. What I'd love to see is a accu-simmed F4U FINALLY done! Dream on Mud!

AusWilko
December 27th, 2012, 17:41
I'm pretty sure airforce F4's had a hook. But I'd like to see a Navy/Marine model, either way an F4 would be nice. I spent some time around them in the Corps, we call them flying bricks. I'm not a huge fan but a VMFA-333 F4 would be very cool!

I think there are plenty examples of WWII Navy/Marine aircraft A2A could use to model for FSX/P3D. What I'd love to see is a accu-simmed F4U FINALLY done! Dream on Mud!

Oh yeah.. a accu F4U would be the go

:salute:

skyhawka4m
December 27th, 2012, 18:32
F4U-5N!!!!!!!!

ColoKent
December 27th, 2012, 19:14
....A2A is doing an F-4N (...seems like I saw some indication in a screenshot or something). I like the USAF F-4E (Hey, I'm retired AF, whaddya expect???), but I gotta admit-- I have a REAL soft spot for the USMC F-4s as well (having grown up under the approach for El Toro in the late 60s and all of the 70s...). Happy either way...

Kent

ryanbatc
December 27th, 2012, 19:24
The F-4 is sorely needed... Yet another 172, not so much.

There's only one native 172 and it's not great... RealAir or A2A's offering will be excellent at the least.

IanHenry
December 28th, 2012, 06:15
I still think the Cloud 9 Phantom looks good in FSX, if you know how to get it to work. Thankfully some kind soul at the SOH told me how to do that (I've now forgoten who or how)

Roadburner440
December 28th, 2012, 11:07
All F-4's were capable of landing and launching from a carrier from what I understand.. The F-4 was sling launched off of the carriers like the older prop birds as it did not have a dedicated nosewheel launch bar. Then all of them were equipped with a tail hook just in case they needed to use the short field arresting gear due to no brakes or some other emergency.

I think the only hiccup would be modeling the launch harness as you pull up to the cat shuttle. Although I suppose it could be made to appear/disappear in similar fashion of the GPU's and other ground equipment.

As far as the variant I am pretty sure Scott said somewhere they were doing an F-4D. Which would go inline with their research videos with the Collings Foundation F-4D. Time will tell though. By the time the 104 hits the streets we should I imagine at least know the direction they are taking it. Till then all we can do is go off the bread crumbs of info that we have and guess where it is going.