PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail 64 bit is now working

FSX68
December 23rd, 2012, 14:02
I don't know if any of you out there in FSX land remember a while ago posting that my thumbnail 64 bit would not show in the FSX modules. Well I am happy to say the the thumbnail program
along with acufeel and fsuipc modules are now showing in the addons dropdown box. What was the problem you ask? well, it turns out that new framework v4 was the culprit.
I don't know why it was causing issues with my FSX program but there were other non related programs that would not function as well and now they work just ducky!

My son was going to do a fsx repair and noticed that since I had allowed the updates and service packs from Micky$oft; my integrated updates were now not the same version of my original
install disk; at least that is what the install disk were saying. So, we had to peel back the onion so to speak and roll back those updates to make my installed version of Win 7 the same as
my install disks. Then we took out and net framework 4, rebooted and voila all the non working programs were now working (not hanging and looking for solutions).

So, in summary, if anyone has issues like I had, take a look and see if you have net framework 4 installed. Now I know there will be some one that does and everything works.
All I can say is that when I removed it all the non working programs FSX related and not related were function just fine.

:engel016:

falcon409
December 23rd, 2012, 14:16
That may work fine for a while, but there may be future addons that require Netframework4.0. FSX doesn't require it, however some addons may. Usually, especially if it's payware, the developer will setup the installer to automatically install that version if it doesn't find it on your system, but other installers may simply warn you that it can't install until that version is on your system. . .then it's up to you to go get it and install.:salute:

FSX68
December 23rd, 2012, 15:25
That may work fine for a while, but there may be future addons that require Netframework4.0. FSX doesn't require it, however some addons may. Usually, especially if it's payware, the developer will setup the installer to automatically install that version if it doesn't find it on your system, but other installers may simply warn you that it can't install until that version is on your system. . .then it's up to you to go get it and install.:salute:

Falcon,

I guess I had misunderstood what my Son was telling me, I do have the basic NetFramework 4 installed, it's was the updates or upgrades that was giving me issues and when we removed
those upgrades all went well. Thanks for your inputs. :engel016: