PDA

View Full Version : ORBX PNW, airfields, and P3D 1.4. Problems?

Lionheart
December 18th, 2012, 23:37
Hey all,

I have a new computer. I have spent the last 3 days loading ORBX (in the evenings). I had backup installers saved from the last time. I loaded them up, some didnt show. So, I redownloaded them 'all' (huge amount of files and file sizes), then installed those. I then downloaded all of the updates, the newest Library, and the newest Migration tool (June). I then started FSX, then ran the Migrator, then started P3. It appears that PNW is 'off' or not working. I also had a warning during running the Migration tool, that 'a key was missing from the directory' (quote). (I had no key with the migration tool).

When I load up Diamond Point, some of the buildings and stationary scenery are there, and thats it. The scenery terrain is not right, missing buildings, (houses), etc.

Also, for some reason, my frame rates went from 20-25 to 12 FPS. :S 16 Gigs of RAM, i7 Quadcore Build 3770 chips, nVidia GTX 660 with 2 Gigs of V-Ram, and Samsung pro 840 series SSD HD's. I also have the latest GC driver from nVidia (just released the other day).

Also, I get a ton of 'missing' scenery messages when P3 starts up, and 4 DLL's that need a 'run this once, or not at all' action request.

Anyone else have all of this going on with loading up ORBX into Build 1.4 on P3? This is a mess.....

Bill

Lionheart
December 18th, 2012, 23:47
I just turned off PNW from the ORBX control panel, and rebooted up at Diamond Point, and my frames were at 35 FPS. I can live without ORBX. I waited years for 35 FPS. I am fine. I am overly happy. :)

Clutch Cargo
December 19th, 2012, 08:35
Bummer on your issues Bill.

All I can say I have all my Orbx stuff on P3D with no issues whatsoever... so I guess I am saying iy can work. I used their two latest applets transfer/copy stuff over to P3D. For me I had more issues with the Orbx Central back in FSX whenerver I installed an addon. It would just sorta break? Have not had that once in P3D . All those .dll warnings gone to. I have my FPS set at 30. Usually get 29.97, :icon_lol:. And that is with three displays in Surround.

:santahat: Clutch

Lionheart
December 19th, 2012, 08:38
Bummer on your issues Bill.

All I can say I have all my Orbx stuff on P3D with no issues whatsoever... so I guess I am saying iy can work. I used their two latest applets transfer/copy stuff over to P3D. For me I had more issues with the Orbx Central back in FSX whenerver I installed an addon. It would just sorta break? Have not had that once in P3D . All those .dll warnings gone to. I have my FPS set at 30. Usually get 29.97, :icon_lol:. And that is with three displays in Surround.

:santahat: Clutch

Hey Clutch,

Cool. When I get more time, I'll dig around and see what might also be done.

I was really depressed to see all the scenery messed up and frames at 12 FPS, and when I saw 35 FPS after turning off ORBX, I was pretty happy, lol. I do not want to move backwards. It would be nice to get ORBX running right.

Bill