PDA

View Full Version : No F6F lights

jojohnson9
January 5th, 2009, 05:39
I just got the Real Flight F6F. I do not have any running or formation lights (yes I have turned the switches on). This is the lights section in the aircraft cfg:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.0=8, 4.2, 2.1, 0.4, su_combustion_start
light.1=8, 4.2, -2.1, 0.4, su_combustion_start
light.2=8, 4.2, 2.1, 0.1, su_combustion_start
light.3=8, 4.2, -2.1, 0.1, su_combustion_start
light.4=8, 4.2, 2.1, -0.1, su_combustion_start
light.5=8, 4.2, -2.1, -0.1, su_combustion_start
fx_explosionFire

This doesn't look correct, specifically the entry "su_combustion_start".
Have not gotten response from Real Flight yet, so I thought I would ask here for help.

Piglet
January 5th, 2009, 14:11
Seems they used the wing light circuit for lit up exhaust effects. You will need to add additional entries for nav and frm lights.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
January 5th, 2009, 14:55
Hi , the lights are all run with the switches on the right hand panel with the only " Default " light being the landing lights, there are no light entries in the aircraft.cfg , we used only attach points as the FSX sdk allows this method now, the only lighting.cfg entries were used for engine smoke.
The other element at play is the engines need to be running and the battery on or there is not enough voltage to run them all , only the formation lights on the back were supposed to run when powered down to avoid mishaps on deck in the dark.

jojohnson9
January 6th, 2009, 04:01
Hi , the lights are all run with the switches on the right hand panel with the only " Default " light being the landing lights, there are no light entries in the aircraft.cfg , we used only attach points as the FSX sdk allows this method now, the only lighting.cfg entries were used for engine smoke.
The other element at play is the engines need to be running and the battery on or there is not enough voltage to run them all , only the formation lights on the back were supposed to run when powered down to avoid mishaps on deck in the dark.

Thanks for the info....have modified the aircraft.cfg and now have lights.