PDA

View Full Version : Revised Greek and Albanian airfields released

achim27619
December 15th, 2012, 10:34
Hi,

With Sander's beautiful textures and Rhumba's fantastic mesh available my early airfields for the Hellas and Pattle campiagns now are not only a bit long in the tooth but are sticking out like a sore thumb. Rami triggered me to remake them and so I did.

And now I' d like some beta tester to find all the glitches I overlooked.

Attached are some images.

Cheers

Achim

Rami
December 15th, 2012, 19:19
Achim,

I tested these for you tonight and fired off an e-mail, I could not find any major issues during testing.

Shessi
December 16th, 2012, 07:40
Very nice work there Achim!

Really like the worn look with dirty ends to the runways and ac taxiing marks on the grass sections.

Shessi

Rami
December 16th, 2012, 14:23
Achim,

The package is now approved and available in the library. Just so you know, I made some minor tweaks.

1) I put the airbase.dat entries in order by number to make installation easier.

2) The package contained two copies of the .bgl files and two copies of the bitmaps for some reason, I corrected that.

3) I deleted the two older airbase packages (Albania and Greece) from the library, and because Illandza (Yugoslavia) would have been lost, I added this airbase to the package, including the airbase.dat entry and the GSL gob file. I hope you don't mind!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=15077&catid=45

misson
December 16th, 2012, 14:39
Thank you Mr. Achim, I like very much your airbases. Indeed, I always wanted to cover these areas.

achim27619
December 16th, 2012, 22:31
Rami,

It was rather late and after some beers. Thanks for tidying up the package.

Cheers

Achim

MaskRider
December 19th, 2012, 14:42
Achim,

Those are beautiful airfields! You really have your own unique style and technique. Very nice.

MR

achim27619
December 19th, 2012, 23:33
Chris,

To get an attaboy from the doyen of cfs2 airfield building, well that makes me blush and a little proud.

But I learned everything from your excellent tutorial and by studying and analyzing your fantastic works.

So it was you who paved the way for me.

Thank you very much.

Achim

kelticheart
December 20th, 2012, 09:26
Beautiful screenshots! Outstanding work Achim!

:applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause:

I hope to have the time during the Holydays to install them and fly a sightseeing mission!

Merry Christmas!
:snowman: KH :ernae:

skylane
December 22nd, 2012, 23:40
I already did some sightseeing. Very nice scenery! Thank you Achim!

Rami
December 24th, 2012, 16:27
Good evening,

Achim asked me to make a slight modification to the package...the airbase.dat entry for Albania - Berat needed to be adjusted. :mixedsmi:

Captain Kurt
December 25th, 2012, 23:28
Achim, your work just gets better and better.

Salut schießen und Vielen Dank.

Discus
December 26th, 2012, 04:15
Thanks Achim for this gifts you share with us.

Discus

Rami
December 30th, 2012, 11:56
Good afternoon,

As of 30 December, a new airfield has been added to this package; Petrich. It is located in southwestern Bulgaria, and was commandeered by the Luftwaffe for use in their campaigns against Yugoslavia and Greece beginning on 6 April, 1941.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=15077

Thanks to Achim for his continued efforts!