PDA

View Full Version : for future refrence

Daveroo
December 15th, 2012, 08:32
i use CH Products Eclipse Yoke,Rudder peddles,and a throttle quad.in FSX i have my quad throttles set up with FSUIPC to have the working beta ( reverse?) on planes like my DHC-6 Twin Otter.With P3D is it possible to have the beta function? and will Mr Dawsons FSUIPC work with P3d? is it nessicary for P3D?

also Bill has said several times that there is no "start up screen" this doesnt compute in my mind.....lets say you double click the P3D icon on the desktop or on the toolbar along the bottom of the screen,the program begins to load up,and abracadabra theres an airplane sittin on a runway? how do you decide which plane you want? and which airport you want?

and once again..im going to please request will someone show me what KAUN ( auburn muni ) looks like? in game screen shots?

purrdy please????

Dave

Dangerous Beans
December 15th, 2012, 09:06
The latest version of FSUIPC is both FSX and P3D compatible, you get the option of which one to install it to during setup.
It works exactly as it does in FSX and installing to both wont interfere with each other.

When you start P3D it loads directly to your default flight.
Then you use the menu bar along the top of the screen (same one as FSX, press ALT to open it)
There you can choose your plane, airport, weather ect. You have to do each individually waiting for the flight to reload each time.
This is the biggest irritation with P3D for me, please Lockheed add a basic startup screen.

Dangerous Beans
December 15th, 2012, 09:49
Here's some comparison shots of KAUN for you seeing as you said purrdy please :)
Default scenery in both.
As you can see the airports the same but the surrounding scenery has had a big facelift.

Daveroo
December 15th, 2012, 10:21
thank you Dangerous, i think the P3D looks better in your screen shots than the FSX does...mainly the overhead view from altitude..shows more of the town detail.and as far as the start up...when you say it starts at "your default flight" (or airport) can you? or do you set that up first time you use it?...like i allways fly from KAUN unless im in a "mood"..then ill go play at Lukla,or St Maarten,St Barts,Saba...the Maldives....but nornmally i just start at auburn in my favorite plane of the month...which is usually aerosofts DHC-6...can i set the "default" to start at a parking spot on the ramp at auburn?..in my twin otter and have it just go there everytime?

Dangerous Beans
December 15th, 2012, 10:34
You do it exactly the same as in FSX.
Set everything as you want it, save the flight making sure the set as default flight box is ticked.
Next time you start P3D you'll be right where you set it.

CG_1976
December 15th, 2012, 16:21
Dangerous are you saying i can make my default flight start up at CYZF ?? But do i still need one of the default aircraft to preform the save?

Dangerous Beans
December 15th, 2012, 17:04
Yes, you can set your default flight anywhere you like in any plane you like in FSX and P3D.

AussieMan
December 15th, 2012, 19:29
I am using a Carenado C-172N as my default aircraft.

Lionheart
December 16th, 2012, 08:01
Also, on all of your saved flights, you can right click on a FLT file and click 'Open With' and select P3D. Then you click on one of those files and it 'should' open up into that flight with P3D (or FSX).

There is also a program out that does essentially that, showing a list of all your saved flights. Pick one and click Fly and you are off. Very basic program but it works. (reminds me, i need to install that on the new rig).

Bill