PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Hooks

DennyBoy
December 15th, 2012, 05:21
Hi

Well - I´m filing sad and chocked what happens at the school in Sandy Hooks.

Our Thoughts and Prayer with the Sandy Hooks Community.

DennyBoy and my wife Helene

hubbabubba
December 15th, 2012, 06:01
Sad does not even begin to describe my feelings...

And any word of comfort sounds empty.

rdaniell
December 15th, 2012, 06:06
This thing yesterday has also really saddened me. Unfortunately, we will now have all kinds of idiots explaining what needs to be done about this.....ranging from banning all firearms to arming teachers.....None of which addresses the basic issue in my opinion.

Again, just my humble opinion, but; we need to have a serious discussion about the increasing levels of violence. This needs to be world wide as the original poster of this thread has experienced a similar tragic event in his country.(DennyBoy, I did get that correct didn't I?)

RD

norab
December 15th, 2012, 06:26
words fail me in the face of this tragedy

huub vink
December 15th, 2012, 06:37
Words just fail here. As a parent, I can't image how anyone can continue his or her life after this tragedy has come over you.

.(DennyBoy, I did get that correct didn't I?)

RD, these discussions will come I'm sure, but I don't think the SOH is the correct place to hold them. I assume you are referring to the tragic events in Norway, which also in Scandinavia is not the same country as Sweden.

Huub

rdaniell
December 15th, 2012, 06:47
RD, these discussions will come I'm sure, but I don't think the SOH is the correct place to hold them. I assume you are referring to the tragic events in Norway, which also in Scandinavia is not the same country as Sweden. Huub

Yes Huub, that's the country I was referring to where so many students were killed. I was not sure which of the Scandinavian countries it was; therefore, my asking DennyBoy if I was correct. Similar to getting Georgia confused with Alabama or Florida for instance.

I completely agree with your position on the SOH not being the correct venue for this type of discussion. I was not offerring to engage in any type of discussion; merely, offering my thoughts.

RD

arfyhun
December 15th, 2012, 06:49
As a father to three children and grandad to four grandchildren I find the whole dreadful event mindnumbingly sad. My heart is breaking for the parents.

Graham.

beana51
December 15th, 2012, 08:17
America is in morning now!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/Nojaa/Wellness%20and%20Condolences/US-Flag-capitol-half-staff-737281.jpg
<tbody>

</tbody>

aircav1970
December 15th, 2012, 09:24
My wife and I were both in tears while watching this unfold.......there is no way to express the sadness..

OBIO
December 15th, 2012, 16:17
I walked into the house after work last night and Deb had the news on. I stood in the middle of the living room listening to what details were known at the time......the only other time that news coverage had left me so stunned was on 9-11. I was talking to a lady at Walmart today about this tragedy....and she made the comment "We know were those sweet children are now"...meaning Heaven....and I replied, "And we know were the sicko is as well"...meaning Hell...a fitting place for him by my standards.

Tim

robert41
December 15th, 2012, 18:50
One hellish day for those involved. My thoughts are with them.
And I just seen this today, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/china-school-attack_n_2298430.html

Gdavis101
December 15th, 2012, 23:04
Sad, just sad! I can't even find the words to even explain the sorrow that I have felt for the victims and families in this tragedy.... Sad, just sad!

magoo
December 15th, 2012, 23:55
I cannot even begin to understand what it is that makes an individual commit an act like this.

I just don't get it.

I don't get, I don't get it.

Saddened beyond any more words.

stansdds
December 16th, 2012, 05:12
I have my own thoughts and opinions on this tragic event, but this is not the place to voice them. I will say that I am deeply saddened, my thoughts and prayers go to the families and friends of the victims.

KellyB
December 16th, 2012, 05:45
This thing yesterday has also really saddened me. Unfortunately, we will now have all kinds of idiots explaining what needs to be done about this.....ranging from banning all firearms to arming teachers.....None of which addresses the basic issue in my opinion.

Again, just my humble opinion, but; we need to have a serious discussion about the increasing levels of violence. This needs to be world wide as the original poster of this thread has experienced a similar tragic event in his country.(DennyBoy, I did get that correct didn't I?)

RD

Absolutely right. I hope that is where the public conversations go as opposed to where they have gone in the past.

I am a gun owner; I am also horrified and terribly saddened by this tragedy.

'Nuff said here. Comments and opinions are best voiced to your legislators.

aeromed202
December 16th, 2012, 05:54
An excellent idea.

http://www.ncsl.org/about-us/ncslservice/state-legislative-websites-directory.aspx

or

http://www.statelocalgov.net/50states-legislature.cfm

I'm sure there are others.

Rami
December 16th, 2012, 06:46

Working as an educator, this really eats at me, because we did a lock-down drill at our school two days before this happened. I am devastated by the fact that this happened to even younger children who have no emotional experiences (many of them, anyway) with loss or have any idea how to process this. My heart also aches for the principal of the school who died trying to wrest control of the firearms from the shooter, or the other teachers who died protecting their students.

I can completely understand that, in that position I would react by instinct. I will also have to address this to my students tomorrow. I will leave my feelings about these mass shooters and the cuts we have made to mental health services in this country to myself.

For closing thoughts, just remember two things...

1) Cherish your own children, as well as those you come in contact with on a daily basis.

2) Know that the Constitution can always be adapted to meet the times; it is a living, breathing document.

Henry
December 16th, 2012, 15:32
I cannot even begin to understand what it is that makes an individual commit an act like this.

I just don't get it.

I don't get, I don't get it.

Saddened beyond any more words.i agreeH