PDA

View Full Version : Sibwings Sale

jetstreamsky
December 15th, 2012, 00:44
Sibwings is having a sale on all their models http://www.sibwings.com/

15th Dec to 15th Jan at €15

YoYo
December 15th, 2012, 01:20
And An-2 will be in sore at 25th December!

Roger
December 15th, 2012, 03:24
And An-2 will be in sore at 25th December!

An-2 here I come!

Andrey Tsvirenko
December 15th, 2012, 04:34
Guys, sorry, about An-2 it's just date typo on the main page. It's just announced, no exact release date. We really worked hard to finish it up to Christmas, but unfortunately some challenging tasks still left and looks like this would happens in 2013. So please some more patience, we'll do it perfect. Now enjoy thous three we already release.Andrey

YoYo
December 15th, 2012, 04:36
Guys, sorry, about An-2 it's just date typo on the main page. It's just announced, no exact release date. We really worked hard to finish it up to Christmas, but unfortunately some challenging tasks still left and looks like this would happens in 2013. So please some more patience, we'll do it perfect. Now enjoy thous three we already release.Andrey

Ach, ok, dont rush, we wait ;) !

Andrey Tsvirenko
December 15th, 2012, 04:53
Ach, ok, dont rush, we wait ;) !Thanks for understanding ;)

griphos
December 15th, 2012, 08:05
Well, having owned and loved the BirdDog for a long time, I thought I'd take advantage of the sale and bought directly from their website, but was double charged for it. So, be careful when buying. I've put in a support email but haven't heard anything yet.

jetstreamsky
December 15th, 2012, 08:37
I noticed upon clicking buy that a quantity of 2 appeared, so changed that back to 1 before purchase.

griphos
December 15th, 2012, 08:41
Well, that must have been what happened, but I didn't notice it. On the paypal page where I authorized payment, it didn't show the amount and instead said I would be able to review the details before confirming purchase, so I had no chance to correct what I didn't even know was an error at that point. Clicking continue on paypal did NOT take me to a confirmation page. It instead immediately put through a charge for twice the amount. I have to say I certainly won't be using Sibwings own purchase site for any more purchases from them.

Still have no response from either them or the purchase website. I don't appreciate being overcharged.

jetstreamsky
December 15th, 2012, 08:51
Overpaying is never good, but I've always had good support from them, it's a small outfit so a little time for response is needed, I'm sure it'll be OK, an innocent if inconvenient problem.

griphos
December 15th, 2012, 09:07
I've only had the one purchase prior (the Birddog, which I love). I just heard from them and received a refund. So, all is well. But be careful when purchasing as the click may register as double.

Portia911
December 15th, 2012, 12:44
simMarket have the same deal for anyone anxious about purchasing direct from Sibwings site.
http://secure.simmarket.com/sibwings.mhtml
:cool:

griphos
December 15th, 2012, 14:57
Yeah, I wish I'd purchased through them. It's been six hours and still no refund in my account.

oldpropfan
December 15th, 2012, 16:19
I've been eyeing that Safir for a few months now, might have to make the jump. How is it on the frames or will my poor overworked I3 finally have a melt down?

oldpropfan
December 15th, 2012, 20:40
Just a HU for anyone that might purchase the Safir from SimMarket, the download doesn't include the D-EBED model but that is available as an update from the Sibwings site. Fantastic model and textures, well worth the purchase, great plane for hopping to small GA fields. And easy on the frames for those that are processor challenged:icon_lol:.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/safir1.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/safir2.jpg

griphos
December 15th, 2012, 20:58
Well, the Pitts was worth the trouble. What an excellent model all around. Just a ton of fun to fly, and very nice touches of realism, such as the bouncing needles on the gauges. Beautiful VC and externals! Going to enjoy this one a great deal.

William Njurmi
December 16th, 2012, 14:10
Have you tried the Safir in multiplayer? We tried to do some formation flight with Austrian AF style, but it was impossible to get two safirs in one server. Could this be some kind of protection thing?

P.S. How do you register to their forum, my old account did not work?

olderndirt
December 16th, 2012, 19:49
Guys, sorry, about An-2 it's just date typo on the main page. It's just announced, no exact release date. We really worked hard to finish it up to Christmas, but unfortunately some challenging tasks still left and looks like this would happens in 2013. So please some more patience, we'll do it perfect. Now enjoy thous three we already release.AndreyYou seem to be the spokesperson for Sibwings so here's my story. This afternoon, I took advantage of your sale and bought the 'Birddog' through Simmarket. Installation went fine until I tried to select a livery in FSX 'current aircraft'. Went to your support forum and, since I'm not registered, looked for a place to do that. Couldn't find one. There's another request for the same info in this thread - how about some help. Just discovered the two week delay before trying again to make this work. My desire for this plane is diminishing as I type.

Andrey Tsvirenko
December 17th, 2012, 00:26
You seem to be the spokesperson for Sibwings so here's my story. This afternoon, I took advantage of your sale and bought the 'Birddog' through Simmarket. Installation went fine until I tried to select a livery in FSX 'current aircraft'. Went to your support forum and, since I'm not registered, looked for a place to do that. Couldn't find one. There's another request for the same info in this thread - how about some help. Just discovered the two week delay before trying again to make this work. My desire for this plane is diminishing as I type.Hello, you are always welcome into support@sibwings.com or info@sibwings.com as it written in the letter you got after purchase ;) We already open forum registration, was closed cause of spam problems... same here I suspect... using SOH via proxy. As for multilayer, it's possible of course, just copyes must be registed. Again, you are welcome with any questions - support@sibwings.com

roger-wilco-66
December 17th, 2012, 00:36
Bought the Birddog, great aircraft! Thanks for the head-up!

Cheers,
Mark

olderndirt
December 17th, 2012, 08:50
Hello, you are always welcome into support@sibwings.com or info@sibwings.com as it written in the letter you got after purchase ;) We already open forum registration, was closed cause of spam problems... same here I suspect... using SOH via proxy. As for multilayer, it's possible of course, just copyes must be registed. Again, you are welcome with any questions - support@sibwings.comAndrey - as often happens with a 'quick draw', you shoot yourself in the foot. After reviewing what I'd done on the install, I tried the correct method and, voila, it works. Will retry registering on your forum.

William Njurmi
December 17th, 2012, 10:28
Hello, you are always welcome into support@sibwings.com or info@sibwings.com as it written in the letter you got after purchase ;) We already open forum registration, was closed cause of spam problems... same here I suspect... using SOH via proxy. As for multilayer, it's possible of course, just copyes must be registed. Again, you are welcome with any questions - support@sibwings.com

So, an e-mail first to get registered. And yes, we both had registered Safirs (mine for years now). We tried with other payware and default planes and it was ok. With two Safirs, no.

jankees
December 17th, 2012, 23:27
I just love my Safir, but don't fly it enough..

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/best/FX12639.jpg

JimH
December 18th, 2012, 10:15
Hello, you are always welcome into support@sibwings.com or info@sibwings.com as it written in the letter you got after purchase ;) We already open forum registration, was closed cause of spam problems... same here I suspect... using SOH via proxy. As for multilayer, it's possible of course, just copyes must be registed. Again, you are welcome with any questions - support@sibwings.com

Hello Andrey,

Yesterday I purchased Sibwing's excellent Bird Dog. I received two email messages from Sibwings, the Purchase Receipt email and also the "Activation Details" email. I was then successful in getting the Bird Dog working in FSX.

Then I decided to purchase Sibwing's Pitts Special. I received the Purchase-Receipt email, but I never received the Activation Details email. I have tried to send an email message to Sibwings, but I keep getting an error message. So I tried to leave a message at your website forum, but I must first register on the forum. When I try to register, I am asked to answer the question about what is Sibwing's latest product (in order to eliminate automatic spammers). When I wrote "Pitts Special" I got the response that this is incorrect. (What's the correct answer?). So, I can't register or leave a forum message.

Would you please send an email message to me with the Activation Details (and the required "unique link"). According to my Purchase Receipt, this is order #4883835429.

JimH
December 20th, 2012, 14:48
:icon_lol:
Hello Andrey,

Yesterday I purchased Sibwing's excellent Bird Dog. I received two email messages from Sibwings, the Purchase Receipt email and also the "Activation Details" email. I was then successful in getting the Bird Dog working in FSX.

Then I decided to purchase Sibwing's Pitts Special. I received the Purchase-Receipt email, but I never received the Activation Details email. I have tried to send an email message to Sibwings, but I keep getting an error message. So I tried to leave a message at your website forum, but I must first register on the forum. When I try to register, I am asked to answer the question about what is Sibwing's latest product (in order to eliminate automatic spammers). When I wrote "Pitts Special" I got the response that this is incorrect. (What's the correct answer?). So, I can't register or leave a forum message.

Would you please send an email message to me with the Activation Details (and the required "unique link"). According to my Purchase Receipt, this is order #4883835429.

Just to follow up to my original message, I contacted Sibwings via email and they responded promptly. So I'm all set up now. Their Pitts is very impressive.