PDA

View Full Version : Major FSX problems

Aaron
December 11th, 2012, 12:07
Hi

I've been having major problems with FSX. The first of which is when any box come up not from FSX such as the save flight plan box, it sometimes freezes the computer. Also, when flying, after 5-10 minutes, I get a fatal error, error 1005 and I have also been having application hangs, error 1002. I was also having problems with TrackIR, it kept crashing. I uninstalled it from my E drive and put it on my C drive. This seems to have fixed the problem. Is it possible that these problems will stop with FSX if I run it on the C drive. Or could there be another way?

roger-wilco-66
December 11th, 2012, 12:19
I'd check that hard drive you used for FSX, sounds like a drive failure (is it a partition of a single drive or a seperate drive?).
If your mainboard supports the SMART feature, you can check it's health status, otherwise try a tool.

HTH,
Mark

Aaron
December 11th, 2012, 12:22
I'd check that hard drive you used for FSX, sounds like a drive failure (is it a partition of a single drive or a seperate drive?).
If your mainboard supports the SMART feature, you can check it's health status, otherwise try a tool.

HTH,
Mark
It's a totally seperate hard drive.

Aaron
December 11th, 2012, 12:39
I have just downloaded the uiautomationcore.dll file and placed it in my FSX folder and all seems to be well.
Thanks Mark for your help anyway.

Aaron

TeaSea
December 11th, 2012, 16:12
Thanks for posting that Aaron. I was having some of those same issues....not dramatic....just enough to be annoying.

Aaron
December 12th, 2012, 13:40
I am still getting the fatal errors unfortuneately. I have windows 7 64-bit, which version of UIautomationcore.dll should I use and should I put it into the FSX foldr or systems32?

TeaSea
December 12th, 2012, 15:43
I put it in the base folder (which is what the instruction were). I'll need to work FSX a bit to see if it takes. Let you know.

fxsttcb
December 13th, 2012, 04:49
Verify that uiautomationcore.dll is, in fact, the error. Control Panel/Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer-> Custom Views-> Administrative Events.
The faulting module will tell you what your error(s) are actually related to.

If you are getting UIAutomationcore.dll errors, put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 (http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w) or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52676345/UIAutomationCore.place_in_fsx_root.dll) in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs.
If the first one you try does not work, try the other. 'tis odd that one works for some of us, but not the other, and vice-versa.

The other alternative is to delete/rename all of the uiautomationcore.dll files in FSX and Windows.
Any application that does rely on it may no longer work correctly.
Removing the one you placed in FSX is easy, just delete it. Windows may be harder.

The Windows 7 version(s) reside in:
C:\Windows\System32 and(if 64bit) C:\Windows\SysWoW64
Make back-up copies for safe keeping.

Try deleting them, or, Right Click/Rename and change the name to uiautomationcore.dl_ for those. You may not be allowed to do it.
If you have Administrator privledges you may be able to take ownership of it, change permissions, and then delete or rename it.
To take ownership: Right Click uiautomationcore.dll-> Properties-> Security Tab-> Advanced-> Owner Tab-> Edit, change the ownership to a user or admin acct. "OK" your way back out.

To change permissions: Right Click uiautomationcore.dll-> Properties-> Security Tab-> Edit
Select a user or admin acct and give it "Full Control". "OK" your way back out.
Now you should be able to delete or rename it.

Removed or Renamed uiautomationcore.dll "known" App failures:
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, Plan G.

I recently also found out that some Vista users with the most recent updates can also do the same. The Vista update replaces the uiatuomationcore.dll with a new, Win 7 type, incompatible version(7.0.6002.18508)...Don