PDA

View Full Version : Active Sky 2012 fail to connect to Internet

Warrant
December 10th, 2012, 07:32
Are there any users who have Active Sky 2012 (and perhaps the previous ASE) who have had a consistent internet connection failure, and know how to solve this?
My FS PC has internet connection, but both FSX (weather update) and AS 2012 fail to connect to the internet to retreive weather information.

I Run Vista Ultimate with BitDefender and i have tried all different settings.....no joy.

Please help!

warchild
December 10th, 2012, 07:47
I dont have active sky 2012, but i've got REX Essentials, and the very same thing happens. I'll be flying along minding my own, and all of a sudden, have the screen fills up with these "Unable to connect" messages.. It goes away after a moment, but its a bit annoying..

Warrant
December 10th, 2012, 07:55
Warchild, do you use BitDefender by any chance?

CG_1976
December 10th, 2012, 08:00
No issue's ASE or REX Essent. and I dont use BitDefender.

nio
December 10th, 2012, 11:28
I have had no such issues with FSX ,Active Sky2012 and all of its predecessors.

Sounds to me like your problem may be closer to your wall.

best

nio

warchild
December 10th, 2012, 13:13
Warchild, do you use BitDefender by any chance?

No.I'm afraid i dont.. We did change over to Centurylink for networking, And i'm running a wireless N adapter, so my suspicions had been going in that direction..

Warrant
December 11th, 2012, 09:05
The problem originally seemed complex, and the people from HiFi gave me a lot of support. However, after lurking the internet i came to another approach to the problem;
It appeared (probably) my Internet Security software somewhere in the process changed my internet settings, while handling some sort of threat.

Internet worked fine on my FS PC, but applications dependant on Internet connections did not.

this was due to the fact my internet options in my configuration settings appeared to have "use a proxy server" ticked.

Unchecking this option was the solution to the problem.

All works fine now (and about 24 hrs of checking and cleaning my system) all works smoother as well :-)

Though i solved the problem myself, i find HiFi very supportive to their customers :medals:.

Best regards, Warrant.