PDA

View Full Version : Last time we had this is 25 years ago...

grunau_baby
January 4th, 2009, 23:48
...and I never liked snow very much personally! Now it looks like a ski-resort:caked:

Unfortunately itīs been very cold for the recent weeks and there is almost no chance of it melting away. The sky color looks like thereīs even more to come!!!

Well, I canīt help it, so at least it looks pretty (somehow):icon_lol:

Sitting warm inside looking forward to driving to work tomorrow:-(!
Alex

Naki
January 5th, 2009, 00:12
Hmm where are you? Looks great and very cold ...it's 25 degress celcius or so where I am at the mo so the contrast is huge.

grunau_baby
January 5th, 2009, 01:17
Well, central Europe, Germany Duisburg. Normal winter temperature is about 40-50° Fahrenheit. Itīs been 20-25° Fahrenheit recently (around 5 in some places around), coldest wimter here I can remember for a long long time!

Alex

lefty
January 5th, 2009, 01:24
I am a wee bit puzzled - 25 years since you had snow - in Germany ???
(We have a light dusting today)

Mathias
January 5th, 2009, 01:43
I am a wee bit puzzled - 25 years since you had snow - in Germany ???
(We have a light dusting today)

Maybe it's so long ago that it *feels* like 25 years. :costumes:

Lionheart
January 5th, 2009, 01:45
Hey Alex,

Enjoy it while you can.

Rained here. In a desert area, with a super hot summer and a drout like climate this year, having some rain perhaps 3 times this winter has really been a treat.

:ernae:

Bill

grunau_baby
January 5th, 2009, 03:44
No, but in the part were I live you rarely get deep snow in the winters. Merely influenced by mild northsea climate you get loads of rain and wind in wintertime and maybe some wet melting snow on single days.

The last time I remember walking through more than 5 inches of snow (that didnīt melt away immediately after falling) was actually 1984. After that no more than one inch on one or two days a year. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me there, but I really cannot remember any real cold winters in many years.

And now: wereīs global warming when you need it?:snowman: As a summer-lover I am hoping on global warming waiting for desertification here for years, I really envy you, Bill:d

Alex

Cazzie
January 5th, 2009, 03:57
I hate you! You suck! :whistle:

Kidding of course, all we get is cold rain! Tomorrow, we will miss snow by a scant six degrees F. The mountains will get snow, we will get cold rain.

Caz

warbird861
January 5th, 2009, 04:57
oh nice. I'm in the second northest capital of a independent country in the world and we have no snow at all :frown:
and then you in some southern country come here to tell that you have snow, how right is that?!

:finland: