PDA

View Full Version : LikSki's Champs...

rdaniell
December 8th, 2012, 08:36
....This may be old news to most of you'll here at the Outhouse but, I've just installed the Champs in FSX. They work just fine with no changes. The only thing is the icons do not show for changing from wheel pants to none, adding and removing the other pilot, and removing the door. However, if you point your cursor in the approximate position on the popup panel, everything still works. Anyway, I am enjoying flying N83608 in FSX. N83608 was the last real world champ that I owned and flew. N3547E was the first one that I owned and flew.:applause:

RD

tomford
December 8th, 2012, 13:30
I own the last aeronca champ built, or so im told, 7EC N4748E. I wish someone would do a repaint 76894

rdaniell
December 8th, 2012, 14:06
Tom, that's a good looking champ. Maybe one of our many talented repainters here at the outhouse will see it and volunteer to paint it for you.

You might have better luck, however, if you start a completely new thread and titled it: "Repaint Request." Probably more of change that one of them will see your request that way.

RD

rdaniell
December 8th, 2012, 14:16
....I've been messing around with the plexiglass for LikSki's Champs. I'm attaching the two textures if anyone is interested. I can't promise they will work on your rig :isadizzy: nor accept any responsibility if you screw :pop4: anything up replacing what you already have. Also if you download and use these, be sure to make a back-up before installing them.

RD

expat
December 9th, 2012, 01:33
Where can one download these aircraft?

Roger
December 9th, 2012, 02:21
This should take you to Lilski's downloads... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=LilSki

expat
December 9th, 2012, 05:54
Thanks!

rdaniell
December 10th, 2012, 08:42
It looks like 12 of you'll have downloaded the plexiglass textures. I hope you're enjoying flying LikSki's Champ as much as I am. "Cazzie" graciously did a repaint for me way back when this airplane was first released. It represents N83608 which was the last champ I owned and flew.

RD

falcon409
December 16th, 2012, 07:20
I own the last aeronca champ built, or so im told, 7EC N4748E. I wish someone would do a repaint 76894
Still a few things to fix on the interior, but this is the exterior currently. . .saved as 32bit w/alpha:

tomford
December 16th, 2012, 08:41
That looks great! too bad you cant make the door clear, i can always remove it in fs. You could just paint it to match the plane.

Thanks So much
Tom

falcon409
December 16th, 2012, 09:06
That looks great! too bad you cant make the door clear, i can always remove it in fs. You could just paint it to match the plane.
Thanks So much
Tom
Ahhhh, ok. . .now I see why I thought the door was black. . .it's actually clear and what I was seeing was the black interior. Makes sense, I just couldn't tell from the photos. I'll do the door the same yellow.
As for your question in the e-mail about it working with the float and ski models, I'll just have to give it a try and see. Do you want the ski's and floats any particular color or just as they are in the base aircraft?

rdaniell
December 16th, 2012, 09:27
Falcon, that's a good looking paint job.:applause:

RD

tomford
December 16th, 2012, 15:04
The red skis are fine, and silver floats, just the way they are, just curious, but i think they will work for all the models, big tail, and skis and floats.

Thanks so much.

It is pretty cool to be able to look out the right door and look straight down. I cant wait for the paint to be done

Tom

wconkle
December 16th, 2012, 18:03
Hey thanks! This may be old to some but it's a great find for me. I didn't know about a Champ in FSX. I've got a couple hours in the local rental Champ (we are lucky to have one available). Here is a video of my first landing in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1eyfyPGtw

I just downloaded this and had to take a trip around the pattern at Friday Harbor.

Strangely, when I go to the aircraft selector page, I don't see the thumbnail for this plane, it shows a question mark instead. I'm not sure that installed correctly because I have a 64bit Win7 setup.

Thanks again!

Wes

falcon409
December 16th, 2012, 18:08
Hey thanks! This may be old to some but it's a great find for me. I didn't know about a Champ in FSX. I've got a couple hours in the local rental Champ (we are lucky to have one available). Here is a video of my first landing in it:

I just downloaded this and had to take a trip around the pattern at Friday Harbor.

Strangely, when I go to the aircraft selector page, I don't see the thumbnail for this plane, it shows a question mark instead. I'm not sure that installed correctly because I have a 64bit Win7 setup.

Thanks again!

Wes
Since this is an FS9 portover, you won't have a thumbnail. That has to be done manually and placed into the individual texture folders.:salute:

rdaniell
December 16th, 2012, 18:23

Thanks again!

Wes

Just take that screen shot, crop it somewhat, name it thumbnail, and then place it in the texture folder for N3547E. You will then have a thumbnail for it on the aircraft selector page. BTW....That paint and N number was from the first airplane I ever owned and flew. You are lucky indeed to be able to rent a "Champ."

RD

wconkle
December 16th, 2012, 18:34
Thanks again. I will make up some thumbnails.
It's too cool that I'm flying 'your' Champ. When I fly the local rental, I wonder how many and who have flown in it. It was built in 1946, so its been around the pattern a few times.

rdaniell
December 16th, 2012, 21:00
Thanks again. I will make up some thumbnails. It's too cool that I'm flying 'your' Champ. When I fly the local rental, I wonder how many and who have flown in it. It was built in 1946, so its been around the pattern a few times.

Do you live in Alabama? I lived in Clanton, Alabama, when I owned the champ. The photo I attached was taken at Clanton. Is the champ you rent N3547E? That would be just too cool. Second question: Is that a Citabria that you're sitting in in your avatar?

RD

tomford
December 16th, 2012, 21:23
It's pretty neat that my champ has almost every piece of paperwork sense 1951. It was used as a company plane at Aeronca, many people have flown mine

Recently I was at a flyin in New York State, and the owner of the airport test flew it when it was first re built in the 1990's. I thought it was pretty cool, and he even have pictures too.

Cazzie
December 17th, 2012, 06:13
Still a few things to fix on the interior, but this is the exterior currently. . .saved as 32bit w/alpha:

Good quick rendition falcon. If you are having problems with the door, zip the fuselage .psd and post the zip here. I'll fix it for you. The door and tails (af the AC, BC, et al) are the most difficult on LilSki's Champs to align all, it takes some finagling. That's a fine looking Champ tomford, do you have any other close up phots of the interior and exterior? I have LilSki's Champ and Tom's CR1 Champ for FSX in FSX. Tom's has better frame rates. I used the Add-On Converter and made 2048 .dsd textures with Martin's DXTBitmat. But as with all FS9 carry overs, I find that frames rates are lower in FSX. I like flying my Christmas Champ this time of year.

Caz

Tom's CR1 Champ exclusively for FSX is butt-cheap and can be found here: http://cr1-software.com/addons/aeronca-champ/

falcon409
December 17th, 2012, 10:07
Good quick rendition falcon. If you are having problems with the door, zip the fuselage .psd and post the zip here. I'll fix it for you. The door and tails (af the AC, BC, et al) are the most difficult on LilSki's Champs to align all, it takes some finagling. That's a fine looking Champ tomford, do you have any other close up phots of the interior and exterior? I have LilSki's Champ and Tom's CR1 Champ for FSX in FSX. Tom's has better frame rates. I used the Add-On Converter and made 2048 .dsd textures with Martin's DXTBitmat. But as with all FS9 carry overs, I find that frames rates are lower in FSX. I like flying my Christmas Champ this time of year.

Caz

Tom's CR1 Champ exclusively for FSX is butt-cheap and can be found here: http://cr1-software.com/addons/aeronca-champ/

Not sure what you mean by quick rendition. I only used 32bit so that I could view the progress in Fsrepaint. Also I haven't had any problems with interiors or exteriors that I couldn't figure out myself thanks.

Cazzie
December 17th, 2012, 11:17
Cool Falcon, realize that the door stripe has to be smaller in diameter and up a little higher from the stripe on the main fuselage and nose. All must be aligned. Looking forward to the repaint.

Caz

wconkle
December 17th, 2012, 16:22
Do you live in Alabama? I lived in Clanton, Alabama, when I owned the champ. The photo I attached was taken at Clanton. Is the champ you rent N3547E? That would be just too cool. Second question: Is that a Citabria that you're sitting in in your avatar?

RD

I do live in Alabama, near Huntsville. My EAA Chapter (190) is out of Moontown. The Champ is NC82984. And the photo is in the 2002 Citabria Adventure (7GCAA) owned by Acro Air at Madison County Exec. That's the plane that I did (most) of my primary training in. We have got an amazing variety of rentals available here in North Alabama!

tomford
December 17th, 2012, 16:42

Dont mind the pink headset, its not mine... that was on the pre buy...

Tom

tomford
December 17th, 2012, 16:46
Radio Stack (center of floor under panel)

Old GPS

First flight, bringing it home..