PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted internal files

Hooraw
January 4th, 2009, 18:38
I cannot find anything in reference to "mashed" er- corrupted files within zips. For instance in the file "AVG", with the subfile
"KM_P-40E_V5_Hill.zip" some of the textures are OK, while other .bmp files as nothing but white screens. Therefore the aircraft won't display properly. Anybody have this problem? Maybe the manager might check these and other "internal" files, to see if they are correct? Thx for any attention!

miamieagle
January 4th, 2009, 20:55
Welcome to our forum and our community.I do not have the answer to your question but I do have this suggestion for you.Just take a good look in this Post and read from page one to the last one http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1117604819/all (http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1117604819/all) and this post http://forums.netwings.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27 It has Tips and Websites dedicated to this Sim. Read it from page one to the last page and it will increase you enjoyment of this Sim.

If you have any question come back here to this forum and we will help along. Take care and Watch your six.

:wavey:

dvslats
January 5th, 2009, 04:58
Hiya Hooraw,
If you are referring to Talon's AVG campaign, all of the files in the download are good. Just re-installed it several months ago. Downloaded it again just now to check and all is fine. I do not know if you have installed other campaigns in the past, but they can be tedious at times with all of the modifying needed to get it to show as the designer intended. :isadizzy: If you can give all here an idea of the point you are at in the installation, I and many others would be more then happy to help. If you are trying to view the ,bmp's, not all will show in normal Windows image viewing programs because of their format. Are you overwriting the original textures with the ones from the download file? Getting the proper .cfg file in the aircraft folder is also important to having the aircraft show. Let us know.

Hooraw
January 9th, 2009, 17:19
I thank all who answered my query! I was, still, in a learning curve, so it was my fault. I presume some of the ".bmp"s are made with a different version of a drawing prg? ergo- they are there just not readable with my vers. of paint? I am having too much fun since I got CS2 from a supplier. I am sure you all have had this experience. I am just blown away with the resources out there re: cs2. I could go into a whole other world with IL2 and it's add-ons. I have flown the "blackcat" off Henderson, and landed and taxied in the water, stupendous !! Now I am trying to get the JP planes to start in a seaplane base. I am getting up to speed. Thanks a bunch. Not bad for a 65 year old. Wouldn't ya say. Huh? :faint:

Hern07
January 9th, 2009, 19:15
If i had a quarter for every time I complained about something that was "my fault," well let's just say I'd donate it all to the bandwidth drive. Very few of us are perfect. :faint:

Jagdflieger
January 9th, 2009, 19:25
Welcome aboard Hooraw! With a user name like that, I'd guess you were in the USMC at one time or another.

Don't hesitate to post and participate as much as you want.