PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Vulcun??

dougal
December 6th, 2012, 07:50
Anyone have this baby?

I've had it some time, but never managed to even start it. Anyone throw any light on that for me? I just can't get it running. Starter lights come on but that's all:-(

Ferry_vO
December 6th, 2012, 08:16
There are four switches for the fuel pumps on the center console that you'll need to flick before using the starter button (Rapid start works for me), and don't forget to activate the flight control surfaces below the left armrest before taking-off. ;)

dougal
December 6th, 2012, 08:32
There are four switches for the fuel pumps on the center console that you'll need to flick before using the starter button (Rapid start works for me), and don't forget to activate the flight control surfaces below the left armrest before taking-off. ;)

Thanks for that. Guess i've got something else wrong too then, because with ALL fuel pumps she still doesn't start. Does yours fire up with Ctrl-E as mine doesn't. I'm guessing it shouldn't be among the pro series.

fallenphoenix1986
December 6th, 2012, 09:26
Welcome to the club. I've had it for a year or two and have managed to get engines 2,3 & 4 running, #1 will spool up but refuses to run.

Craig

guzler
December 6th, 2012, 09:33
I got it to start once after pressing every button in the cockpit,never did find out what I did !!

Ferry_vO
December 6th, 2012, 10:54
Here's what works for me:

1) Turn the master switch on (Right console next to the co-pilot, left of the landing lights switches.)

2) On the center console, set the four engine fuel switches to auto (Blue panel behind the throttles, second row from the top.)

3)On the left console turn the ignition on, 'set engine starters master switch' to start (Right of the ignition), set 'toggle engine starters' to rapid, then press the blue 'rapid start' button.

4) Switch off all the red lights under the pilots' armrest to activate all the control surfaces.

Ian Warren
December 6th, 2012, 11:04
It s a goodie never had a problem with it , follow the procedure , just be careful not to over speed it .. airbrakes will save the day .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

delta558
December 6th, 2012, 11:26
If you're using the rapid start function, you also need to have the throttles up at approx 50%. Page 23 of the manual gives you the basics on the different engine start sequences, then you have the engine start checklists on page 32 which gives you further details.

You also have the YouTube tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_QnHI_w0ow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE67TdaZNrg

One for normal and one for rapid start.

lazarus
December 6th, 2012, 11:27
And, just like the actual tin triangle, its like driving your house while looking through the letter slot!

'I got it to start once after pressing every button in the cockpit,never did find out what I did !! ':icon_lol::icon_lol: exactly the way I start it too!

I flew some with an ex- Vulcan back seater. He related a story about a pear shaped rapid start on the Q pad- switch on the nose leg or some such, once everything was set in the cockpit. Hooter goes, mad dash to the A/C, mash the rapid start on the way past, grab the crew door handle-locked! 4 olyimpi winding up, aircrew locked out of the aircraft tearing through pockets and flight bags for the key while the aircraft starts pushing against the chocks and the rest of the wing disappears over the horizon. Biggles would have been proud.

Geomitrak
December 6th, 2012, 22:49
Those Youtube tutorials taught me. I must install the Vulcan again.

dougal
December 7th, 2012, 05:06
Thank you to one and all - finally get to fly this big baby;-)

Must admit, i'm surprised there's not more 'hype' about this addon. I know it's been around a while, but there seems very interest in it.

icycle
December 7th, 2012, 08:38
It is a nice add-on, that has a nice visual model.

Flying it seems, to me at least, to take a lot of practice. You indicated the start quirks ("quirks" in a "British" sort of way:salute:), and once you get it flying, a hand-full to trim properly - at least for me, really pitch "sensitive". Once you get it in a reasonably steady trim state, and thrust under control, can be quite pleasant to fly actually. Its just finding the "sweet-spot", takes some trial and error - and a little swearing! (I lied, A LOT of swearing).

Bill