PDA

View Full Version : Milviz F-86 Sabre SP1 - Released

MenendezDiego
December 5th, 2012, 21:02
Figured I'd make a new thread out of this in case it gets lost in the original thread.

We are proud to announce we have released the SP1 for the Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre: http://milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=F-86

Simply click "BUY NOW". If you already own the Sabre, simply reinstall. If you're a new customer, thanks!

Vendors will have the SP1 as soon as they update their files.

All the best, Diego

skyhawka4m
December 5th, 2012, 21:14
going now!!! thank you MILVIZ!

I just wanna say thank you to you guys. I know I was talking trash a few months back but....I claim insanity now. I've seen the light about your products and frankly....they are hard to be beat....even if I can't figure out the weapons sysems in the Mudhen....lol!

Naruto-kun
December 5th, 2012, 22:06
If you pop in at the support forums ill be happy to sort ya out ;)

jim
December 6th, 2012, 04:11
Downloaded SP1 twice. Can't get it to install. It says that it cant find the correct file. Can you help with my problem?

skyhawka4m
December 6th, 2012, 04:22
at what point is it saying this? I downloaded and installed with no issues. SP is VERY nice, THANK YOU!!!!! for fixing the pilot....MUCH BETTER!!!!!....I have one question though.....

what happened to the speed of the flaps? They seem VERY slow now? Is this correct? They used to have two positions...up and down, now it seems different for some reason.

jim
December 6th, 2012, 04:28
As soon as I click on "execute"; It says Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\MY NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\wzaf34\MV-F*^F-30_V1.exe'
Got anyideas

Mach3DS
December 6th, 2012, 04:35
The Flaps lever handle position is: RETRACT - DISENGAGED - LOWER. The pilot can select any point in between by simply leaving the handle in the selected position and then back to disengaged to stop them in the current position.

krazycolin
December 6th, 2012, 04:54
As soon as I click on "execute"; It says Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\MY NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\wzaf34\MV-F*^F-30_V1.exe'
Got anyideas

Did you disable your antivirus before downloading and installing?

VCN-1
December 6th, 2012, 05:02
Is there a list of updates/fixes?

VCN-1

Quicksand
December 6th, 2012, 06:52
Love this update! Thanks MilViz! I too, however, am having the same issue as Skyhawk with the flaps. I may be doing something wrong but now they seem very slow..

jim
December 6th, 2012, 07:13
Fixed. Third download worked like a charm. All is well.

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 07:14
Love this update! Thanks MilViz! I too, however, am having the same issue as Skyhawk with the flaps. I may be doing something wrong but now they seem very slow..

Compared to the original release, yes, the flaps extend/retract slower.

However, this is not an issue, as this is one of the fixes (the extend/retract time is around 4 seconds) which wasn't happening in the original release.

Apparently, FSX was extending/retracting the flaps too quickly in the original release, so we made sure it was slowed down as it is in real life.

Not an issue, but a fix :)

Regards, Diego

dvj
December 6th, 2012, 07:51
I assume I better save all those wonderful repaint files in a backup folder before I reinstall.

olderndirt
December 6th, 2012, 07:54
Pardon my feeble mind. Wnen I push the "buy now" button, it wants to download V1 which is what I have. Is this correct and will it eventually provide SP1?

skyhawka4m
December 6th, 2012, 07:58
Pardon my feeble mind. Wnen I push the "buy now" button, it wants to download V1 which is what I have. Is this correct and will it eventually provide SP1?

Yep! there is a date that follows that name when it is installed.

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 07:58

That's V1 of the Flight 1 installer :)

The actual SP1 file is what is extracted from Flight 1. You're good to go!

Trust me, I was up all night testing this haha.

Diego

stovall
December 6th, 2012, 08:17
Diego, thanks for SP1!!! One question, I understand the flaps come down very slowly. Is it correct that the flaps handle is frozen? I get the small hand when I go to move it but the handle itself does not move. It is frozen in the up position.

Thanks again for a great aircraft.

PhillRoath
December 6th, 2012, 08:41
I get the small hand when I go to move it but the handle itself does not move. It is frozen in the up position.

Same here. Also, the flaps only went down part way and froze and I could never get them to move again. After this I went to aircraft.cfg and set the flaps time back to 4 seconds (as in original release) and now the flaps work but the handle stays at the UP position.

Phill

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 09:18
Here is a video explaining the flaps:

http://youtu.be/CqxI_aLvcy4?hd=1

Also, be sure you have electrical power before trying to operate your flaps.

Regards, Diego

n4gix
December 6th, 2012, 09:51
I would like to point out that in addition to the two methods Diego explains clearly in his video (thanks!)...

You can also hover the mouse on the flap handle then use the MOUSE WHEEL to control the flaps!

Wheel Down one 'notch' - move flap lever to Hold, one more 'notch' to Extend

Wheel Up one 'notch' - move flap lever to Hold, one more 'notch' to Retract

VCN-1
December 6th, 2012, 10:10
Deleted

VCN-1

skyhawka4m
December 6th, 2012, 10:30
deleted

skyhawka4m
December 6th, 2012, 10:38
Well...I have watched the video and followed it to a tee....but I get no joy on the flap handle movement.....actually I can't click and drag anything including the throttle or brakes handles. I have assigned a key for the flaps but they are VERY slow and the flap handle does not move.

Heading to work....hope this is something that can be fixed quick.

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 10:48
Well...I have watched the video and followed it to a tee....but I get no joy on the flap handle movement.....actually I can't click and drag anything including the throttle or brakes handles. I have assigned a key for the flaps but they are VERY slow and the flap handle does not move.

Heading to work....hope this is something that can be fixed quick.

Sorry, but it sounds like user error. You can head on over to our support forums and see if any devs/coders have an answer for you.

Also, I'll say it again; the flaps lower/retract slowly. around 4-6 seconds. They aren't fast.

Diego

Ian Warren
December 6th, 2012, 10:56
Thanks for the SP1 installing now :cool: Now to get back pretending i'm John Wayne :icon_lol:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

skyhawka4m
December 6th, 2012, 11:24
Sorry, but it sounds like user error. You can head on over to our support forums and see if any devs/coders have an answer for you.

Also, I'll say it again; the flaps lower/retract slowly. around 4-6 seconds. They aren't fast.

Diego

Trust me no useer error bud...lol As for when they do finally drop it takes about 30 seconds to fully drop.

manukar
December 6th, 2012, 11:27
I have the same problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwjGR44bjlU

skyhawka4m
December 6th, 2012, 11:37
I have the same problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwjGR44bjlU

Thank you....this is exactly what I have too.

also....is there supposed to be two flap entries in the aircraft.cfg file?

[flaps.0]
type= 1
span-outboard= 0.5
extending-time= 99
system_type= 0
damaging-speed= 215
blowout-speed= 250
lift_scalar= 1
drag_scalar= 1
pitch_scalar= 1
flaps-position.0= 0
flaps-position.1= 38

[flaps.1]
type= 2
span-outboard= 1
extending-time= 99
system_type= 1
damaging-speed= 9999
blowout-speed= 9999
lift_scalar= 0
drag_scalar= 0.22
pitch_scalar= 0
flaps-position.0= 0
flaps-position.1= 50

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 11:37
As I do not have an answer for you, I will tell you again; please take this to our support forums.

Diego

Stan V.
December 6th, 2012, 11:41
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by VCN-1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=765586#post765586)My executable reads as follow: MilViz_F86_vR1_121129

Is that correct also?

VCN-1

The answer to the above question was "Yes sir". I am asuming the "executable" being mentioned above refers to the installer executable. My SP1 installer download (today) from FS Pilot Shop was : MilViz_F86_vR1.122610.exe (Also, the installer zip file had the same filename and byte count as the original did - which seems suspicious). Finally, there is a date in the text at the top of my resulting aircraft.cfg file of "10/17/2012".

EDIT: Milviz tells me I have not yet received SP1. I guess I need to wait a while until FSPilotShop posts the update.

Can anyone comment on its validity for SP1?

bstolle
December 6th, 2012, 11:42
Both entries and the extension times are correct. Using the flaps extend key (2 times) or using the mouse to move the handle (the flap handle does move when using the key and the mouse) makes the flaps extend withing approx 6sec

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 12:20
Question for those having flap problems:

1. Are you using accufeel?
2. Are you using a panel or some hardware device
3. Have you mapped the flap to something other than what it normally is

Regards, Diego

StormILM
December 6th, 2012, 12:36
I think I know what the problem might be on the flap actuation. I noticed in the video that the flap lever is near the up position but perhaps not full up. Users who are using a mouse to move the flap lever, move it to the Full Down position until the flaps are at the desired Intermediate position and then move the lever to the center to stop the flap movement. If you map the flap up and down commands to buttons on a HOTAS or similar stick setup, you will need to click the button assigned to Flaps Down until the lever is in the Full Down position(usually two clicks) then when the flaps are at the desired intermediate position, click the Flaps Up assigned button once to stop the flaps movement((which the flap lever should stop in the center position). To raise the flaps in the same manner, just reverse those steps. On the real F-86, there are no preset flap positions on the lever/control console but the flap lever can be locked/stopped at intermediate positions. That's the reason we set it up this way.

manukar
December 6th, 2012, 12:36
1.No accufeel, but I´m using the Tacpack beta
2.Only a normal joystick
3.Default mapping

manukar
December 6th, 2012, 13:02
I have reinstalled it from the start, and it´s working now. I deleted the old version and extracted the installer again from the flight1 wrapper, this time FSX asked me to allow .ddl´s to run.

Sorry for inconviniences.

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 13:10
Looks like the installer wasn't overwriting the old DLL's (which are found in the Gauges folder).

Delete these, and reinstall.

Diego

StormILM
December 6th, 2012, 13:16
Yes, I've encountered mixing up of code/components which can cause issues. I'd also suggest cleaning out all the simobjects as well just to be safe. Since there isn't an auto uninstaller, the items need to be removed manually(the 5 gauges and simobjects--Aircraft and Misc objects). I wouldn't worry so much with the effects and sound.

flaviossa
December 6th, 2012, 13:18
Hello Diego,
I´m going to do the sp1 install now. What gauges and misc objects to delete to make flaps work ok?

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 13:36
Hello Diego,
I´m going to do the sp1 install now. What gauges and misc objects to delete to make flaps work ok?

To give you the best idea of what files to delete, point the installer to your desktop. That will give you an absolute list of files to delete.

The important files are 4 milviz dll's in the gauge folder.

Also, delete your Milviz F-86 from simobjects/airplanes, along with the 3 misc payload items in misc.

Diego

flaviossa
December 6th, 2012, 13:40
Thanks! I will try :icon_eek:

Roadburner440
December 6th, 2012, 14:30
I will look in to this as well. I could have swore the flap handle moved on my rig. However I also use a hat switch linked to the key commands for flap movement. good to see Diego is already on top of things though!

PhillRoath
December 6th, 2012, 14:42
To give you the best idea of what files to delete, point the installer to your desktop. That will give you an absolute list of files to delete.

The important files are 4 milviz dll's in the gauge folder.

Also, delete your Milviz F-86 from simobjects/airplanes, along with the 3 misc payload items in misc.

Diego

fyi... I just did what you said and this time was the charm time, worked like a dream. Also notice the lights are better (e.g. - the trim is now bright red, not the washed out white I was getting). Good job, off to make some more test flights now.

Phill

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 14:45
fyi... I just did what you said and this time was the charm time, worked like a dream. Also notice the lights are better (e.g. - the trim is now bright red, not the washed out white I was getting). Good job, off to make some more test flights now.

Phill

Glad to hear it!

@Skyhawk, sorry for saying it was user error.

In reality, it was tester error. I failed to test the install over the original release to see if things worked properly.

Had I done that, I would have noticed the problem with the flaps, and would have made the recommendation to delete all files prior to installing the SP1.

Anyways, glad to see the problem has been found and fixed!

All the best, Diego

P.S. those new lights were a surprise to me as well! One day, a new build just randomly had them, deff. makes a difference!

Roger
December 6th, 2012, 14:57
I spent an hour looking for the uninstall file for the F86 but found none, so I installed over but haven't tested yet. Perhaps the addition of an uninstall file would be useful? I don't want to go searching in various sub-folders for things to delete because with fat fingers I would probably delete something important. So give us an uninstaller that makes updating easy please.

joe bob
December 6th, 2012, 15:05
Thanks for the rapid fix Diego.
A couple of quick flights and it seems to me the stall speed has been lowered or at least the point where the buffet occurs. Also seems less critical to be near Vx or Vy for stability in the climb.
Much more docile in the pattern. I used to work up a sweat with it doing touch and goes like I do with the T-38. I kinda miss that!

Great job guys.

MenendezDiego
December 6th, 2012, 15:07
Thanks for the rapid fix Diego.
A couple of quick flights and it seems to me the stall speed has been lowered or at least the point where the buffet occurs. Also seems less critical to be near Vx or Vy for stability in the climb.
Much more docile in the pattern. I used to work up a sweat with it doing touch and goes like I do with the T-38. I kinda miss that!

Great job guys.

I'm just the messenger :)

Changes were made to the FDE to make it more realistic. bstolle will be able to answer you more thoroughly than I :)

Regards, Diego

krazycolin
December 6th, 2012, 15:07
For our next products, an uninstaller will come with....

n4gix
December 6th, 2012, 15:17
I spent an hour looking for the uninstall file for the F86 but found none, so I installed over but haven't tested yet. Perhaps the addition of an uninstall file would be useful? I don't want to go searching in various sub-folders for things to delete because with fat fingers I would probably delete something important. So give us an uninstaller that makes updating easy please.
Roger, I thought long and hard about creating an uninstaller, but in the end decided against the idea. The reason is that since some of the files are shared with other Milviz projects, the 'uninstaller' wouldn't know whether to remove a file or not.

If it happend to be one of the files that was shared with other Milviz products, then those products would no longer work properly.

In this specific aircraft however, the only folder that really needs to be removed is the ..\panel folder, and that only because I'd originally placed the five "gauges" used in the ..\panel folder. Since Jon asked me to have the new gauges placed in the sim's ..\Gauges folder, the old versions were still being used instead of the new ones...

In the future I will take the effort to create an option to "Uninstall" by simply running the installer once more, and choosing "Uninstall" from the options. By doing it this way, I'll be able to remove only those files that I specify explicitly, and will not remove any of the "shared files," and best of all no one will have to spend time trying to find a separate "uninstaller" program. :ernae:

JAllen
December 6th, 2012, 16:20
D/L and install and first flight is a dream. Flies so nice!! No problems for me at all. Absolutely a beautiful addon. I really like that JW244 German paint.

To all at Milviz, a job well done!!! Super job guys!!

Roadburner440
December 6th, 2012, 16:34
Well I went and tested it on my system. Dragging it with the mouse works on my rig (albeit I find it a bit clumsy). Operates as well with the scroll weight and joy stick toggle. Anyone that needs support and does not have an account head here: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1086 and follow the directions so I may create an account for you. That way we can get your flaps working properly so you may be off burning holes in the sky! :icon30: Wonder what is causing it though. Cause I installed my original SP over the release build, and then did a reinstall of just the SP and it was fine in both cases. Computer programs do strange things it would seem.

stovall
December 6th, 2012, 19:22
Diego, the completely new install worked fine. After removing all the old files as suggested and doing the complete reinstall the flaps handle works just fine. Thanks to all who helped clear this up.

fleurdelys
December 6th, 2012, 19:56
Firstly, I would like to renew my heartfelt thanks to Milviz and team for the Sabre which has made my day more than once and seems bent on continuing to repeat this with the SP1... :icon29::guinness::icon29:

After a second download with the firewall down, all went well and the new version of the Sabre was flying as it should with the improvements in the mdl as expected ...

I was a bit surprised and disappointed though as when I transferred my different hangars (Milviz_F-86_Camouflage, Milviz_F-86 USAAF and Milviz_F-86_Other Nations) which I made to reduce the size of said hangars and keep things manageable, I could not operate the Shift+2 panel which enables the quick start and other load functions of the aircraft. I was faced with a black square instead of the usual selection panel...

After many tries, I think I have pinpointed the reason for this; the SP1 Sabre will only respond to one name and that is Milviz F-86... :kilroy:

It would appear that the coding of one of the dlls (probably Milviz_F-86.dll) has been inadvertently modified from the original and will not recognize any other entry but "Milviz F-86". Would it be possible to correct this and enable the use of another name(s) than Milviz F-86 ?

In the interim and to circumvent this problem, I have resorted to use the original version but with the SP1 mdl after removing the SP1 dlls...
It is only a temporary measure, I'm sure (until I get a new dll), as I know that I'm missing on all the other goodies and historically correct flight behaviour of this gorgeous aircraft...

Thank you again for your kind patience and looking forward to the dll correction...

Note : The original version accepts modified names but does require that a file bearing the "Milviz F-86" name and reduced content be present for the others to work...
Although I'm pretty sure that I did try this combination with the SP1, now I'll have to try again just to be on the safe side... sigh...

"I'll be back..."

Fleurdelys

Naruto-kun
December 6th, 2012, 20:27
Drop in at the support forums and ill see what i can do to figure it out...nonetheless i cannot figure out why it should do so...

skyhawka4m
December 6th, 2012, 20:49
SEE!!!!! I knew it...when I went to work tonight I KNEW when I got home the problem would be fixed and or solved!!! No worries about any blame here....I am just so glad it was fixed and it wasn't ME!! LOL!!!

Anyway....I have now don't the needed fix and all is well in Sabre land! I do have one question.......is there a simple way to disable to smoke? I am getting an FPS hit with this version that I wasn't getting before. the only thing I can think of is the exaust smoke and its texture.

thanks agin for an AWESOME jet and OUTSTANDING support........ONE AGAIN!!! :salute::applause::medals::icon29:

bstolle
December 6th, 2012, 21:03
It is only a temporary measure, I'm sure (until I get a new dll), as I know that I'm missing on all the other goodies and historically correct flight behaviour of this gorgeous aircraft..

It's not that bad as the FDE hasn't changed even the least bit with SP1 ;)

skyhawka4m
December 6th, 2012, 21:14
I did notice some difference in its flight but I like the changes alot.

bstolle
December 6th, 2012, 22:08
I did notice some difference in its flight but I like the changes alot.

Placebo effect...LOL.... the only change is the stall buffet sound that occurs now at a higher (correct) AoA but that's not the FDE...

Roger
December 6th, 2012, 22:49
Roger, I thought long and hard about creating an uninstaller, but in the end decided against the idea. The reason is that since some of the files are shared with other Milviz projects, the 'uninstaller' wouldn't know whether to remove a file or not.

If it happend to be one of the files that was shared with other Milviz products, then those products would no longer work properly.

In this specific aircraft however, the only folder that really needs to be removed is the ..\panel folder, and that only because I'd originally placed the five "gauges" used in the ..\panel folder. Since Jon asked me to have the new gauges placed in the sim's ..\Gauges folder, the old versions were still being used instead of the new ones...

In the future I will take the effort to create an option to "Uninstall" by simply running the installer once more, and choosing "Uninstall" from the options. By doing it this way, I'll be able to remove only those files that I specify explicitly, and will not remove any of the "shared files," and best of all no one will have to spend time trying to find a separate "uninstaller" program. :ernae:

Thanks for that Bill. I'll take out the panel folder and then reinstall:ernae:. On the subject of uninstallers, the reason it can take a while to locate them (if indeed there is one) is that they can be located in a variety of places, such as in the aircraft folder or in the FsX root folder or maybe from control panel so it can take a while to locate uninstallers even if they exist!

DennyBoy
December 6th, 2012, 23:42
Hi !

I´m not able to reinstall the F-86 Sabre v.SP1, because I bought the airplane via FSpilotShop. (FlightSim.com)

The download from MilViz and reinstall goes only to Flight 1.

Best Regard

DennyBoy

myles
December 7th, 2012, 03:35
You should be able to d/l again from Fspilotshop (where you got it from). I had an e-mail last night from the supplier I used to tell me that there was an update and to just go and d/l again from my account.

Best,
Myles

krazycolin
December 7th, 2012, 04:02
To be 100% clear, the updated file will only be available from the place you bought it originally. Downloading it from the MV site will mean you have to buy it again...

Quicksand
December 7th, 2012, 04:10
Thanks to MilViz and all who helped sort out the hiccups I was having since installing the service pack. Flaps are functioning as advertised. All is well now after I followed the posted instructions.. Loving this plane! :salute::medals::applause:

skyhawka4m
December 7th, 2012, 08:46
I do have one question.......is there a simple way to disable the exaust smoke? I am getting an FPS hit with this version that I wasn't getting before. the only thing I can think of is the exaust smoke and its texture.

n4gix
December 7th, 2012, 09:16
do have one question.......is there a simple way to disable to smoke? I am getting an FPS hit with this version that I wasn't getting before. the only thing I can think of is the exaust smoke and its texture.
Nothing has changed with the "smoke" except it is now more black and somewhat more dense. That should have zero impact on frame rates.

In any case, it's a simple matter to open the aircraft.cfg, scroll towards the end of the file, and comment out the [SMOKESYSTEM] entries. :icon_lol:

olderndirt
December 7th, 2012, 09:47
How about a little SP1 'Flaps for Dummies'? Mine extend and retract in a mind-boggling 40 seconds - each way. I'm using the joystick button that worked so well before and tried the mouse. While that starts the up or down action, there's no movement of the cockpit lever. Spell it out for me and assume I know nothing.

MenendezDiego
December 7th, 2012, 10:17
How about a little SP1 'Flaps for Dummies'? Mine extend and retract in a mind-boggling 40 seconds - each way. I'm using the joystick button that worked so well before and tried the mouse. While that starts the up or down action, there's no movement of the cockpit lever. Spell it out for me and assume I know nothing.

The answer is a few pages back :)

stovall
December 7th, 2012, 10:57
OldernDirt, You will need to do a completely clean install. Look back at the previous threads to see just what files to delete. If you have any addon paints be sure to save you entries in your aircraft.cfg file. I had the same problem but with the clean install all works perfectly. There are several gauge files that must be replaced. Hope this helps.

olderndirt
December 7th, 2012, 11:59
OldernDirt, You will need to do a completely clean install. Look back at the previous threads to see just what files to delete. If you have any addon paints be sure to save you entries in your aircraft.cfg file. I had the same problem but with the clean install all works perfectly. There are several gauge files that must be replaced. Hope this helps.Thanks, Stovall and Diego. For those, like me, who have reached the age of special care, from FSX\Gauges, delete 4 (four) MilViz F86 .dll files. From FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes, delete MilViz F86. From FSX\SimObjects\Misc, delete 3 (three) Milviz F86 Bombs/Rockets/Tanks files. Reinstall the SP1, downloaded from your vendor and. If you've already misplaced your repaints, get busy.

krazycolin
December 7th, 2012, 12:16
Yup!

Roadburner440
December 7th, 2012, 12:49
If you bought from places other than Flight1/Milviz website then you should have received a link from the store telling you there was an update. I know our SimMarket customers have been taken care of. Please let us know though if they do not have the SP1 and we can try to work things from our end to try and get them to upload the latest one for you. Good to see so far everyone is having fun with the bird after the initial hurdles have been cleared.

GB
December 7th, 2012, 13:16
Please try with AVSIM Store. They still host the old installer.

skyhawka4m
December 7th, 2012, 20:32
Nothing has changed with the "smoke" except it is now more black and somewhat more dense. That should have zero impact on frame rates.

In any case, it's a simple matter to open the aircraft.cfg, scroll towards the end of the file, and comment out the [SMOKESYSTEM] entries. :icon_lol:

I tried that but it didn't work.

bstolle
December 7th, 2012, 23:40
Much more docile in the pattern. I used to work up a sweat with it doing touch and goes like I do with the T-38.

Sorry, missed your post. As mentioned already in this thread, there has been absolutely no chance concerning the FDE in SP1. The only change is the buffet effect which starts now at a higher (correct) AoA.
In fact this makes the 86 more difficult to fly because the buffet sound doesn't serve as a pre-stall warning anymore ;)
The more docile handling illusion is simply because previously you were just on the edge of the buffeting onset during the approach which isn't the case anymore.
She departes controlled flight as before but with much less warning...

skyhawka4m
December 8th, 2012, 04:26
Still working on what my FPS issue is.....but I still LOVe this new SP....great work guys!

n4gix
December 8th, 2012, 09:43
I tried that but it didn't work.
Did you close FSX completely and restart before testing?

The effect files are loaded once when the sim is first started, and will persist even if you were to completely delete the .fx files...

brettt777
December 9th, 2012, 01:02
Okay, I had the flap problem but went through the process of making sure everything from the original was uninstalled and then reinstalled SP1 again, and now the flaps work as advertised. I am wondering though, is the fuel feeding problem fixed where it stops at about 29% and flames out? Also, I am still having the audio issue where the level goes up and down every 20-60 seconds, and it does this constantly, throughout the flight, even on the ground. None of my other planes do this, including my Milviz T-38. I have no idea why this is happening but it is very annoying and distracting. I have changed a few audio settings around trying to correct this problem but nothing has worked.

Asus G73
i7-720QM
Radeon HD5870
8GB DDR3
Realtek HD Audio with Creative drivers
Win7 64
FSX w/Accel
Logitech G940 Stick/Throttle/Pedals

cortomalteseit
December 9th, 2012, 05:24
Is there a changelog, somewhere? Thx

krazycolin
December 9th, 2012, 07:19
For all issues, please register on our forums and we will help you there. Contact roadburner440 at milviz period com for registration. You will need to provide proof of purchase.

I will be posting the changelog later on today

OleBoy
December 9th, 2012, 08:47
I haven't flown the F-86 since I formatted my PC. Though I thought I would stop by and say "thanks" for the update.

snow_white
December 9th, 2012, 10:13
still getting ctd when exit f86 as mentioned on milviz forum, even after rebuilding fsx.cfg as instructed.

Sp is great but I have not once ever been able not to experience a CTD at the end when exiting flight with f86.

currently put to the back of hanger. a shame really. Well off to fly the b55 that i enjoy just as much.!

dvj
December 9th, 2012, 10:48
I have a support ticket into Flight1.

The flight1 wrapper will not accept the keycode when trying to reinstall the SP1, (says invalid key code and password). But it reinstalls the original F-86 file just fine. Don't know if anyone else has this probelm, but from looking at the few issues posted here, this is not a trouble-free update. :isadizzy:

krazycolin
December 9th, 2012, 13:37
I think it's my bad on the installation of the key.

I will rebuild it tonight or tmrw and repost it.

For the others... well.. the CTD is not, sorry to say, a game killer as it only happens when you are changing the plane or exiting the flight.

You SHOULD (this is not just my recommendation) restart FSX to flush your memory...

JAllen
December 9th, 2012, 20:24
Changing liveries, aircraft and every way with no CTD and without restarting FSX. This is a sweet aircraft!!! Thanks guys! :applause:

krazycolin
December 10th, 2012, 04:42
F-86 Project

CHANGE LOG

11/29/2012

========

1) Set absolute limit for RPM at 100% regardless of sim's actual value.

2) Inverted ADI ball's animation so that CLIMB is displayed as described.

CHANGE LOG
11/28/2012
==========

1) Inverted ADI Pitch bar animation

CHANGE LOG
11/26/2012
==========

1) Added "glass" to HUD projector on glareshield
2) Modified aircraft.cfg with Bernt's change to max_mach= 1.01

CHANGE LOG
11/24/2012
==========

1) piston in right speed brake
2) barber pole reset to use default FSX variable
3) HUD collimation and view blocking

CHANGE LOG
11/21/2012
==========

1) Inverted ADI Pitch bar so "wheels" are downward
2) Jon's new .dll with corrected "Barber Pole" converted from Mach to IAS for animation
3) Fixed right hydraulic piston's texture
4) Added Gunnar's new "Luftwaffe" livery to base package.

CHANGE LOG
11/18/2012
==========

1) Leaned pilot forward, adjusted head
2) Pilot will "duck" when canopy opens, then straighten slightly
3) Mirror folds up so it won't smack the pilot in the forehead!
4) Raised GPU cable so it will lie properly with full loadout and fuel
5) Fixed mapping for speedbrake pistons so they are fully chromed
6) Included Jon's latest gauge builds
7) Softened up the on ground panel vibrations (now tied to nosegear compression
8) Changed landing light to turn on when nosegear strut is fully unloaded

CHANGE LOG
11/13/2012
==========

1) Disable “Allow Bloom” for VC FSX Materials.
2) Fixed Aural buffet timing amd visual buffeting.
3) Shift-4 test gauges needs to be removed.
4) GPU hose and wheels lowered.
5) Attitude indicator reversed.
6) Take off and landing shakes added
7) Airspeed Indicator movement smoothed out significantly.
8) Adjusted Pipper top edge cutoff.
9) Pilot should lean forward/lower head for canopy.
10) New smoke added
11) Canopy/fuselage junction faired properly and canopy narrowed to meet real world dimensions.
12) Flap lever now has a center HOLD position.

CHANGE LOG
10/25/2012
==========
1) Animated and added sound effects to all remaining non-fuctional but fun to play with switches, levers, knobs, etc.
2) Added and tweaked new External Camera Views to replace the "boring ones" I had already. ;)

NOTED ISSUES REMAINING
======================
1) HUD "screen" still not working when viewpoint is "off bore-sight."

CHANGE LOG
10/21/2012
==========
1) Installed AoA "Shake System" with sound effects. Shift-4 to bring up a test gauge to see actual AoA numbers for reference.
2) Added mouse and animation to CRS knob, which will set pilot's desired HDG on the gyro compass's dial. Pilot steers until needle is aligned with top of card.
3) Fixed the altitude "unsafe" warning flag. Below FL160 window of altimeter has red/black diagonal stripes.

CHANGE LOG
10/19/2012
==========
1) Lowered GPU a bit to contact ground
2) Connected exterior's interior to the fuselage to close gap
3) Reanimated the right main gear door's strut animation
4) Added mouse repeat and tooltips to both rudder and aileron trim toggles. Oddly, aileron trim does not work even using the keyboard commands (Ctrl-NUM4, Ctrl-NUM6)
5) Added Custom Camera Views for both exterior and vc views.
6) Added Bernt's new aircraft.cfg file (last minute addition)
7) Adjusted the 3d lights to 1º pitch up

CHANGE LOG
10/18/2012
==========
1) Fixed right main gear door strut's extended position
2) Removed incorrect "gear light" and replaced with push button
3) Fixed (again) the 215 KNOTS and ANT labels
4) Corrected graphic images for gear position flags || (down), //// (intransit) and UP (up)
5) Removed the unneccessary "bumps" from the gear position flags
6) Darkened and thickened the engine "smoke" as much as possible, moved closer to the exhaust pipe
7) Eliminated the extraneous angled "smoke" when LL are turned on
8) Fixed fuel qty and fuel totalizer to exclude tanks.
8) This installer includes the new GPU sounds, but won't be heard until Jon's new gauge is ready
9) This installer also removes unneeded sound files that are never used
10) Removed my "temporary" gear in transit XML script so it won't interfere with Jon's final gauge.

CHANGE LOG
10/15/2012
===========
1) Flipped f86_12_C.dds image to fix the VC glass shading problem
2) Welded vertices to remove the gap in the upper canopy frame
3) Corrected throttle lock/unlock, idle animations
4) added mouse wheel control to all rotary knobs that needed them
5) added tooltip to ADF tuning knob
6) inverted pilot visibility condition so pilot will be seen in FS Recorder and FSX Preview window
7) Extended RPM needle's animation to 110%
8) Moved the "engine fire" to the aircraft.cfg to prevent having a "trail of fire circles"
9) Modified landing gear knob to make semi-transparent so it can be lighted for gear warn condition
10) Made sure all VC Materials have their bump map specification
11) Adjusted "Gunsight" display polygon to work with Bernt's new eyepoint position
12) Moved the Gunsight Camera to the fully closed position
13) Adjusted GPU power cable to eliminate the inter-penetration with the left flap
14) Added the AoA "Shake" node (note: control code is not included in this installer)
15) Moved the GPU control node to position 1/2 between nose and main gear
16) Changed the landing light switch's "bumps" to chrome (no lights!)
17) Removed animation and mouse point on Emergency Speedbrake lever
18) Fixed the three mechanical gear position flags to prevent erratic behavior
19) Adjusted X-Movement on both Gunsight Brightness knob and Gunsight Wing Span lever/knob
20) Plugged hole in upper port side of tailpipe
21) Updated aircraft.cfg with Bernt's latest revision 2
22) Updaed all textures with Gunnar's latest revisions
23) Replaced thumbnails for all liveries with Diego's revisions
24) Added "glass" and HUD "projection poly" on top of main panel, built frame for same

REMAINING ISSUES (some of which probably won't get fixed soon)
10/15/2012
================
1) Remaining unanimated switches to script/tag yet.
2) HUD glass in exterior model is being obscured by the canopy glass.
3) HUD "screen" is no longer blocking the off bore-sight view (should hide the poly)

CHANGE LOG
10/09/2012
===========

1) Tweaked contact points for nosegear.
2) Added click spot for check-lists & panel.cfg entry
3) Added "engine fire in the hole" and progressive smoke from exhaust
4) Re-Linked all 'movable parts' to the canopy frame
5) Windshied and Canopy "ice" objects are now split. The slider on the left side turns canopy on/off, the red knob turns windshield on/off
6) Realigned the chocks to center on the tires
7) Added left/right click to the jettison select knob
8) Added unlocked (outboard) and idle position to throttle; left click twice for idle, right click twice to lock
9) Adjusted the main gear inboard doors to correct angle when open

CHANGE LOG
10/05/2012
===========
1) Fixed "Gunsight" so it disappears when view is off-bore.
2) Tweaked main gear door piston animations
3) Replaced Starter Stop switch with button
4) Corrected spelling of "AMT" to "ANT" on ADI mode selector
5) Added 215 to the caution label near canopy switch
6) Added seatbelts unbuckled to exterior model when pilot hidden
7) Reversed rotation for mouse wheel on 3 lighting knobs
8) Added compass lubber line

CHANGE LOG
09/28/2012
===========
1) Fixed missing material for external gunsight
2) Added _still wheels and corrected animation
3) Added GPU and missing texture
4) Animated GPU power service door
5) Animated spent ammo doors (Ctrl-E, 2)
6) Fixed front of canopy/fuselage junction
7) Added default fsx landing/taxi light splash 24/7, 3d only at night
8) Rebuilt 3d land/taxi light bones and polys

CHANGE LOG
09/23/2012
===========
1. Fixed canopy gap
2. Fixed battery switch
3. Adjusted external lights
4. Changed FSX Material for interior lighting to use Ambient instead of Blend. This allows the lights to work in the daytime.
5. Adjusted exterior lighting (landing/taxi lights will require a complete rebuild)

GB
December 10th, 2012, 14:57
By personal experience of Milviz's team support for their customers, I'd like to publicly express my deep appreciation for this team's effort to not only offer their admirably nice products, but also to prove that besides commercial developers, they're first and foremost nice people and good friends.

THANK you COLIN, STEVE and all of the superb MILVIZ team.

Roadburner440
December 10th, 2012, 15:13
Thank you guys for the kind words about the product. It really means a lot to use after a lot of hard work involved in putting these birds together. For those still experiencing problems we do apologize, and will continue to work in an effort to get your issues resolved. We definately try to do everything that we can to make you guys happy even if that does mean refunding your money if you bought from F1 or our site in the first 30 days.

dvj
December 11th, 2012, 12:01
I think it's my bad on the installation of the key

I will rebuild it tonight or tmrw and repost it.
dFor the others... well.. the CTD is not, sorry to say, a game killer as it only happens when you are changing the plane or exiting the flight.

You SHOULD (this is not just my recommendation) restart FSX to flush your memory...

Hello,

Any update on this fix? My SP1 download will still not accept passwords or key.

Stan V.
December 11th, 2012, 13:31
Hello,

Any update on this fix? My SP1 download will still not accept passwords or key.

dvj, I am not from Milviz but are you certain that you purchased from Milviz originally? If not, you need to re-download the SP1 package from the SAME site as where you purchased the original. Milviz's own downloads do, in fact, use the Flight1 Wrapper installer, and if you downloaded the updated SP1 package from Milviz, you would need either a key file or a password to complete the installation. Other vendor sources, e.g., FSPilot Shop, however, do not use the F1 wrapper installer even if the product itself originates from Milviz, and once you have downloaded the update from your original source, it can be installed relatively easily without another password or key file.

krazycolin
December 11th, 2012, 14:04
Besides, you have to go to OUR site for all support issues.

OleBoy
December 11th, 2012, 14:39
I had the same scenario as DVJ. When I heard of the SP1 being released, I thought nothing of it and downloaded the update via the Milvis link.
Being as it was a Flight1 wrapper type package, it would not install with out name/reg etc.
Then it dawned on me that I purchased via Sim market.
I logged into my account, downloaded the updated installer, and it installed without a hitch.

I have had zero problems from the F-86 otherwise.

dvj
December 11th, 2012, 14:57
I had the same scenario as DVJ. When I heard of the SP1 being released, I thought nothing of it and downloaded the update via the Milvis link.
Being as it was a Flight1 wrapper type package, it would not install with out name/reg etc.
Then it dawned on me that I purchased via Sim market.
I logged into my account, downloaded the updated installer, and it installed without a hitch.

I have had zero problems from the F-86 otherwise.

The product was orignally purchased through the Milviz site, "Buy Now" button, then downloaded via the flight 1 wrapper.

d

dvj
December 11th, 2012, 15:00
Besides, you have to go to OUR site for all support issues.

I only asked the question because you said: "I think it's my bad on the installation of the key.

I will rebuild it tonight or tmrw and repost it."

I was just wondering if this had been done?

Obviously I'll need to go to the Milviz support forum. I have no response from the Flight 1 support ticket I placed 2 days ago.

d

krazycolin
December 11th, 2012, 15:26
I understand but I did check it and it's good.

However, I would suggest that you redownload it (again) and try it. If your key is still not working contact me at colin at milviz period com and we'll fix you up.

Naruto-kun
December 16th, 2012, 10:19
Ok normally i watch for and deal with the CTD issues...but i have been away on a camp for the past week (my first holiday in 2 years wow). Apologies for the inconviniences...

Anyways i have been doing some checking and sharing of files with one of our customers and i have a sneaking suspicion that something is not being overwritten by the installer. I am waiting for confirmation as well from one of our testers and once i have that, Ill be posting a file in the support forums which will take care of this.

Enjoy
JB

imn2sims
December 19th, 2012, 16:54
OK, I finally bought it at Simmarket (yes I know about the impending sale but hate the wrapper business). It is vR1.121129. So is that the latest and greatest? I tried to cipher the threads here and at Milviz but only became more confused.

Thanks
Steve

krazycolin
December 19th, 2012, 17:00
Yes it is the correct version

imn2sims
December 19th, 2012, 19:08
Yes it is the correct version

Thanks Colin, only had about 30 minutes with her and she's a gem :applause:

Steve

Naruto-kun
December 19th, 2012, 22:21
FYI i uploaded a small file to the Support forums with a fix for those who are getting CTDs due to the installer not overwriting a file properly.

delta_lima
December 21st, 2012, 10:31
Ok - gave in, took the Mayan coupons, drank the Koolaid, installed with no issues.

Looks and flies quite nice - only had 1 hr or so. But I cannot turn the panel lights on. I know where they are - that triangular panel down and to the right. I can mouse over them, but they don't move or actually turn the lights on. I have followed the startup procedure - and the landing lights and positioning lights work fine - just can't get those others to turn on.

Any ideas?

thanks!

MenendezDiego
December 21st, 2012, 10:40
Ok - gave in, took the Mayan coupons, drank the Koolaid, installed with no issues.

Looks and flies quite nice - only had 1 hr or so. But I cannot turn the panel lights on. I know where they are - that triangular panel down and to the right. I can mouse over them, but they don't move or actually turn the lights on. I have followed the startup procedure - and the landing lights and positioning lights work fine - just can't get those others to turn on.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Please tell me your startup procedure routine.

krazycolin
December 21st, 2012, 11:55
Sorry.. . Support for our products is only given on our support forums. Please use the information on the first page in the manual to set up an account there.

Thanks

swimeye
December 21st, 2012, 12:38
It may be an obvious answer to this question, but I bought the Sabre with the Flight1 wrapper today and I assume it is the latest version? Other than that I am totally happy, what an amazing product, big thanks to all involved.

krazycolin
December 21st, 2012, 12:44
It's the updated version.

For the lights, please do tell us your startup... we need to get this one in particular "fixed".

swimeye
December 21st, 2012, 13:31
Thanks for the info Krazycolin =)

MenendezDiego
December 21st, 2012, 15:06
It's the updated version.

For the lights, please do tell us your startup... we need to get this one in particular "fixed".

It's not so much that there is anything to fix. The interior VC lighting is reliant on battery power.

This is why I am asking you to post your start up procedure. I feel you may be missing one small step :)

regards, Diego

delta_lima
December 21st, 2012, 15:36
Well, this is going nowhere in a hurry ...

First, insofar as the batteries are concerned, if I wasn't on battery power, how would the other lights work, which as I posted earlier, were working fine???

Were is the key term ... because now I have a new issue.

To doublcheck my procedures, I started up the sim again. Now, the configuration panel is just a solid black panel - can't get cart power, so I can't do anything.

Needless to say, I am confident I did the R/L switch tactic on the battery switch, as without that, I doubt I would have been able to get off the ground - which I did just fine in the first go.

Sent a trouble ticket (yeah, another forum to sign up to ... sigh)

Bought this against my better judgement - and though I am impressed with the visuals, I think I should have reined in my impulse.

Thank goodness for the SOH breakable lights to add the only bit of flight sim related enjoyment for the day.

DL

PS: build # is vR1.121129, which as per change log is the latest ...
Unistalled and reinstalled plane twice - FSX Gold, FSUIPC 4

krazycolin
December 21st, 2012, 16:31
Head on over to the forums and we'll help you out... you sent the mail using the one on page one of the manual?

delta_lima
December 21st, 2012, 16:44
Wow, I really do have to say it all twice.

Yes, trouble ticket sent to address on manual. Awaiting access to forum.... email sent twice, just to be sure.

DL

krazycolin
December 21st, 2012, 16:46
Just making sure. Some people use the contact mail form on the site and that just takes a lot longer....

krazycolin
December 21st, 2012, 16:48
Out of curiosity, are you using tacpack? Or accufeel?

delta_lima
December 21st, 2012, 16:54
No and No.

Now, the configuration panel just refuses to even come up - just flashes by. Checklist does appear, though.

krazycolin
December 21st, 2012, 17:07
That's very weird. You're the only person (sorry, I know it sounds lame) to have this error... We'll have to wait till our coder is awake to help you though...

I am pretty sure that it's a bad installation though... (I know you did it twice but... just to be sure... antivirus especially norton must be disabled)...

Anyway... you have 30 days to return it... no questions so you're protected...

delta_lima
December 21st, 2012, 17:48
Ok - fair enough - but if it's Milviz policy to troubleshoot via the forums, maybe we can at least get that going, so as to not tread water ....

I'll reinstall tomorrow.

DL

krazycolin
December 21st, 2012, 17:51
ONe thing that you can do is delete all of the files associated with it and then reinstall. Specifically, in the root of FSX, the gauges folder... there are, I believe, three dlls. Get rid of those, then delete the folder in simobjects and then reinstall...

that's usually what's borking...

we plan on using an uninstaller for all future products...

hschuit
December 21st, 2012, 23:12
No and No.

Now, the configuration panel just refuses to even come up - just flashes by. Checklist does appear, though.

DL, did you install the Sabre in a different folder or change the "MilViz F-86" container name? I had the same issue when I tried to do that. Once I did put it in the default folder ( .\SimObjects\Airplanes\MilViz F-86 ) everything worked OK.

BTW: Colin, thank you for the Mayan Sale. What a stunning aircraft, very happy with it, a worthy successor to the old SF8 Sabre :salute:

hope it helps, Henk.

DennyA
January 2nd, 2013, 11:12
Just got SP1 installed; I assume the extra liveries weren't updated, and I can install the original downloads of those on top of SP1 with no issues?

MenendezDiego
January 2nd, 2013, 11:22
Just got SP1 installed; I assume the extra liveries weren't updated, and I can install the original downloads of those on top of SP1 with no issues?

As far as I recall, the original liveries pack works fine with the SP1. If you have and issues, just head on over to our forums and we'll get you squared away.

Regards, Diego