PDA

View Full Version : storm in norcal

Daveroo
December 2nd, 2012, 07:46
we are experiencing a pretty good storm here in northern california,started late thursday afternoon here at my house (raining that is),weve had some periods of sun,but the "storms" have just been rolling in one after another.right now ,8:42 am my rain gauge shows 8.62" for the storms total in my yard..at 8:20am it read 8:20"..lol..rained so had in that time span i lost my directv signal ,but we havent lost power thank gosh...BTW.the news is reporting 30 mph winds in auburn,with gusts to 40-45 mph....im somewhat protected from the wind,as the highest ive seen on my weather station was 15.3 mph just before 8am..

limjack
December 2nd, 2012, 13:20
Same up here in Seattle Dave. The chain of storms with a little pinapple express have been drenching us all. Gills have begun to form on my body and soon I will adapt to this never ending deluge of water. Thank goodness I put in a drain basin with sump pump under house in October (when I am rich I will hire some guys to dig a deep deep deep drainage canal around the back and sids of house so water will not go there as I live at the bottom of the hill and collect everyones water above me). It's working like a dream so far. I have a camera fixed under the house pointed at the basin to make sure pump is doing its job.

Jim

Daveroo
December 2nd, 2012, 16:40
glad your pump is working...we ended with a total of 9.30"..more expected weds

pilottj
December 2nd, 2012, 16:49
its been raining pretty good here in Napa, haven't heard any major problems yet.