PDA

View Full Version : Knqa FSX

FSX68
December 1st, 2012, 13:46
Anyone interested in upgrade or redo of KNQA (Millington Muni)?

I've attached a panoramic view that I think if you click on it will enlarge for more detail. I have close up photos of air tower and FBO office an other bldgs if needed.

You can download the above pic and click on it for a bigger and the panoramic effect. (Probably would be the better thing to do as there is a file size limit to U/L here from computer)..
If you view it in Window live photo gallery you can enlarge it as get the "Ken Burns" effect - slide from left to right and take in a better detailed view. This picture was taken by my son
with his SLR35 with a HUGH telephoto lens. He was on a bridge that is on a recently opened bypass road that runs parallel to the airport.
THe link below will open a slightly larger picture, but if you save it and then view it with windows live photo gallery you can use the slider on the lower left and the pic with have that
"Ken Burns" effect. The beacon is on the control tower.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cenl3d.jpg

:kilroy:

skyhawka4m
December 1st, 2012, 14:04
sold!

strikehawk
December 1st, 2012, 14:19
It'd be nice to have as I went to AV A school there in late 78-spring 79. Someone ambitious could put the Mermaid Club and Velvet Lady down the road in Millington. Have to have someplace to relax.:icon29:

FSX68
December 1st, 2012, 15:11
sold!

If you can do this one skyhawk I would really appreciate it. If you need any additional photos that would help, I can send them to you. Pm me if you have any additional questions.
BTW to the left of the T'Hangers n picture) is a "SWIFT" 18 Wheeler Truck driving academy.

Many much thanks.

:jump:76458

76459764607646176462OLD AIMD Hanger (VP 67 -P3A used to spot from left to right facing the hanger. ^

VMA 124 (A4) was there back in the day as well and above was their hanger then Brac 93 the hanger was given to Millington (Tulsair operates it)

FSX68
December 1st, 2012, 15:19
It'd be nice to have as I went to AV A school there in late 78-spring 79. Someone ambitious could put the Mermaid Club and Velvet Lady down the road in Millington. Have to have someplace to relax.:icon29:

Strikehawk,

As you may know the old AO A school burned down. I retired in that building back in Dec '87. They built a new AO A school and in '98 Bupers (NPC) moved in there (they welded a second deck)
and the Head Honcho of Bupers is in that building (S-791). I work in there till my civil service retirement next Feb. They build a bypass here called Veterans Parkway. It bypassed Millington
and runs parallel to the runway at KNQA then over train train tracks on a new bridge and connects you to HWY 51. It opened up last week.

strikehawk
December 1st, 2012, 16:21
Rich, I left in 79 after washing out of A school, was supposed to be an AX ( how many still know what that is?). My desire after I got out of the Fleet was to go back to AO A school but that never happened and I made rate through LOTS of OJT, blood sweat and a few tears along the way. One day I'm going to go back and see the place for one last time. One of my former CO's worked at BuPers if I remember right, you ever run across a Ray Bellant? One of the best Skippers I ever worked for while in the reserves.

skyhawka4m
December 1st, 2012, 18:53
I actually would love to see someone do this base.....as I did my training for AO there also in 1984. these pictures have brought back many memories of just sitting watching the A-4's and all the transient come through in my free time.

FSX68
December 2nd, 2012, 07:03
I actually would love to see someone do this base.....as I did my training for AO there also in 1984. these pictures have brought back many memories of just sitting watching the A-4's and all the transient come through in my free time.

I had contacted Dimus who expressed an interest in it however, he informed me that there are a few projects that he is involved with ergo it would be awhile before he could
work with it. I hope he will eventually make it happen.