View Full Version : FS11 News?

Pepere
January 4th, 2009, 16:35
Don't know how creditable this is but:

http://www.simpilotnet.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=147

David :kilroy:

Panther_99FS
January 4th, 2009, 16:39
There was a statement somewhere that only FSX-SP2 aircraft will be compatible with FSXI...

N2056
January 4th, 2009, 16:40
It has been common knowledge in the developer world that at best the next version will only be back-compatible with true FSX models.

Alexraptor
January 4th, 2009, 16:50
If it turns out to be no backward compatibility i can tell you this.
If by the time FS11 comes out there is technology to run FSX smoothly, then i will probally skip it for FS12 unless they managed to throw in something truly revolutionary.

spotlope
January 4th, 2009, 16:57
It's way too early for us to get worked up in a lather about backward compatibility in FSXI. This year, we'll probably see the focus at Aces put on TrainSim II, and next year, 2010, maybe we'll get a new version of FS. Then again, maybe not. Until they get to developing the next FS, it's pointless to speculate on what will or won't work.

mike_cyul
January 4th, 2009, 18:01
And it seems the date that was posted was 21 December 2007!

Mike

n4gix
January 4th, 2009, 19:24
More specifically, only FSX SP2 SDK compliant a/c and scenery... :amen:

txnetcop
January 5th, 2009, 01:44

I would venture a strong guess that this is correct.
Ted

Bjoern
January 5th, 2009, 02:40

So all this fuss with SP2 models is just to make sure there's a pool of compatible add-ons ready when FS11 hits the shelves?

Those Aces guys are some darn clever buggars. :d

kurt190
January 5th, 2009, 03:40
Personally I am willing to forget backward compatibility for FS11 as long as there is a significant leap in the programming. FSX has been a real disappointment and it is time for a thorough review and reassessment of the sim engine itself. When you look at what is out there in terms of graphics its about time that the cobbled together engine currently in use was quietly laid to rest.
Time for something new.

kurt

tigisfat
January 5th, 2009, 05:14
Personally I am willing to forget backward compatibility for FS11 as long as there is a significant leap in the programming. FSX has been a real disappointment and it is time for a thorough review and reassessment of the sim engine itself. When you look at what is out there in terms of graphics its about time that the cobbled together engine currently in use was quietly laid to rest.
Time for something new.

kurt

good show.:amen:

In some places admitting that FSX was poorly executed whether you enjoy it or not will get you linched!! I thoroughly enjoy a down-tuned FSX at 19FPS, but I can't help but get mad when I run games with graphics lightyears beyond it at 50FPS.

CBris
January 5th, 2009, 05:26
hmmm - a year old post creating furore? Take a look at the date of that simpilot net post...

Buddha13
January 5th, 2009, 10:20
Hi all,
I just hope they pay more attention to the major airports and city scenery.The scenery for Manchester and Liverpool in the UK is truly dreadful.I think the planes themselves are OK.

Buddha13

Panther_99FS
January 5th, 2009, 10:26
One thing we have to remember about the FS series is that it must encapsulate the entire world - not just sections of it...

Pepere
January 5th, 2009, 10:51
Sorry about this old news. Forgive me? :caked:

David