PDA

View Full Version : Razbam EA6-B textures & panel mod

kdfw
November 30th, 2012, 23:45
For 5 bux could no longer pass up this fascinating a/c. Also picked up the A7 v3 but haven't yet spent time on it.

The prowler is definitely not up to today's payware standards but it's still very good. Some updating in the texture and panel departments do indeed freshen her up for some fun flying.

The crew gets the modern HGU55 helmet and cockpit textures darkened a little

The panel, like the great G7 S2 and E1, gets an avionics makeover with freeware Iris gauges and RXP GNS530

Things that also got fixed: tailhook in aircraft.cfg had a 3ft offset and references to non-existing .fx files corrected.

I'm planning on uploading these things here at SOH.

CG_1976
December 1st, 2012, 00:18
Very nice. Do you have a store link to the RXP please. I'm interested in that GPS and need some info.

mjrhealth
December 1st, 2012, 00:21
Got it myself, i love the Navel planes will be nice to see what teh hook fix does.

Ta

ST0RM
December 1st, 2012, 07:32
I've got both the Razbam and Virtavia EA-6Bs and you are right, the jet is behind standards and deserves some updating. Your work sounds good. I've added a second cockpit view to allow you to sit in the right front ECMO seat, but not the rest since I doubt the rear stations are modelled.

-Jeff

kdfw
December 1st, 2012, 17:26
info on rxp gns530 can be found at their site.

i also added the right seat view as well as the landing gear view.

while i was at the helmet thing, fixed the a7 corsair's pilot texture as well. much better.

tommieboy
December 1st, 2012, 18:35
I just wish the sway braces / pad on the racks had been incorporated into the EA-6B models too (like the A-7 as shown in the image above)....might have been a poly count issue at the time.....

Tommy

kdfw
December 3rd, 2012, 21:04
uploaded A-7 pilot texture file.
razbam_a-7vol3_pilot.zip

expat
December 4th, 2012, 07:31
Was there ever a RAZBAM or SOH posted FDE mod for the Prowler? Bought it and the RAZBAM A-6 but both sit in my hangar as I cannot fly either of them without constantly changing the pitch trim which gets tedious. Also, ditto with the RAZBAM A-7 which I have only flown about 5 minutes because the flight model and handling seems wrong. To me, the COG seems off on all three.

Could be me or my PC BUT I can fly other jet (Vertigo Panther) and piston (WBS P-51) fighters as well as airliners with just feather touch or hands off the controls all trimmed up nicely like it was on AP on my set up. Sliders all right.