PDA

View Full Version : Multi Engine RPM Fluctuation

Capt.Vaughn
November 30th, 2012, 13:22
I own the fantastic B17g with Accusim, I also own 2 saitek throttle quads which gives me a throttle for each engine, plus a lever for prop pitch and a lever for fuel mixture. My question is, has anyone had a problem with engine rpm fluctuation with other engines other than the engine or engines your actually controling? In other words, when trying to taxi, I use the outboard engines while leaving the inboard engines at idle rpm. When I move the outboard engines throttles, it causes the inboard engines rpm to also go up in rpm, maybe not at the same time, or maybe not as much as the outboard engines, but there is some fluctualtion, and the only way to get the rpm of the inboard engines to come back down to idle speed, is to drop the inboard engines throttle all the way to "o" or no throttle, then the rpms drop, then I have to raise the inboard rpm throttles back up to idle speed. The result, me constantly have to wrestle with all 4 throttles trying to taxi while keeping the inboards at idle and stear with the outboards. Thanks.