PDA

View Full Version : The 2013 Round-The-World Race is upon us

PRB
November 30th, 2012, 03:44
To all SOH pilots:

It’s time once again to start thinking about the annual Round-The-World Race. This race is conducted each February between SOH, AVSIM, and FlightSim. The goal is to fly around the world in a series of 600-700 mile legs in “relay-race” fashion. After applying bonuses and penalties, the team with the shortest time wins. Team SOH has been participating in this event since 2005, and we have two wins to our name, the most recent being last year. It’s meant to be a fun event, and we try to get as many pilots involved as possible. To that end we have posted our first practice. See the thread at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?73749-RTWR-2013-Open-Practice-1 for details.

The purpose of these practice events is to “shake the rust off” for the veterans, and to recruit new pilots. This event goes non-stop for three to four days, so we need as many pilots as possible. If you can land a fast plane in bad weather you are qualified. If you’ve never landed a fast plane in bad weather, join the team and you will! Don’t be intimidated by the procedures, it’s quite easy once you fly a couple of legs. Also don’t worry about crashing during the practice runs. This is why we conduct practice races.

So join us if you can. Team SOH needs YOU!

AussieMan
November 30th, 2012, 12:20
Unfortunately, unless by some miracle Lockheed Martin produce an update with Real Weather in it I will not be having much to do with this event in 2013. I only have enough of FSX installed so as to be able to move some ORBX sceneries across to P3D. I also fly exclusively in P3D these days.

But I will be available to help in other ways.

pilottj
November 30th, 2012, 14:36
lol looks like the Civil P-51 came out just in time. Good luck guys.:salute::icon29:

Yob
November 30th, 2012, 17:25
why would you use the civil stang use a bis Jet

PRB
November 30th, 2012, 17:43
why would you use the civil stang use a bis Jet

Well, for one reason, the RWT Race has traditionally been a piston engine event. Over the years we have made some "adjustments" to the rules to allow "shop vacs" on certain legs, under various conditions. But, we still are, basically, a piston engine race event, more or less. And under those rules, the WW-II fighters make a lot of sense...

- Paul

crashaz
November 30th, 2012, 19:35
Ah....still recall the suck at the South Pole.:icon_lol:

I'm ready.... lets do this! Lets go Outhouse!!!

grover1
January 4th, 2013, 09:04
I'm in. I'll be using the Lear 45