PDA

View Full Version : Rb-50

Gibbons
January 4th, 2009, 15:59
Greetings.

A simple question. I've searched high and low and looked everywhere to find a switch to close the bomb bay doors on the RB-50 by Gnoopey.

Anyone have a screen shot of where this switch is or some magic phrase to close them? Thanks.

Gibbons

whitehawk_2009
January 4th, 2009, 16:07
Shift+8 will bring up the window.

WH

Gibbons
January 4th, 2009, 17:16
Thanks Whitehawk. One of the B29 reference files of the other versions gives the spoiler key as the key to open and close the bomb bay doors. However the red button on the panel when you hit Shift 8 wouldn't do anything.

Sitting on the ground I just figured out that the setting or unsetting the parking brake opens and closes the bomb bay doors.

In flight the doors are open and no way to close them. Wondering if the animations just show open or if there is drag from them being open as well. Is this a known glitch? Or some little thing I can't find.

Thanks again.

Gibbons

nightshade
January 5th, 2009, 05:22
If you have active camera, the switch is at the bombardier's station

Gnoopey
January 6th, 2009, 04:51
If you have active camera, the switch is at the bombardier's station

Sorry for the delayed answer - on the other hand, thankXXX alot to whitehawk_2009 and nightshade - great support already :)

All of the above answers are correct except that the bombardier panel in the 3D flight deck is also accessible when active camera is not available. You should be able to move to this station also with the default view point move buttons (combinations with CTRL-SHIFT etc. IIRC).

In the latest builds, there are also switches for the bomb doors on the aisle panel between the aircraft commander and the pilot seats (see pic).

snipped ...

Sitting on the ground I just figured out that the setting or unsetting the parking brake opens and closes the bomb bay doors.

snipped ...

Yes - only if engines are off when on the ground - if two engines are running with at least 1000 RPM or more, doors should close with parking brake not set.

snipped ....

In flight the doors are open and no way to close them. Wondering if the animations just show open or if there is drag from them being open as well. Is this a known glitch? Or some little thing I can't find.

snipped ...

That seems to be 'strange'. Do you have the latest build correctly installed? (Gauges ?)

There is a rather 'complex' gauge system, that looks after (also) the bomb doors in the default installation. Open bomb doors do increase drag when in flight - at least they should behave like that when all the stuff that came with the latest release is working properly.

Gibbons, please be as specific as possible and we'll figure it out ...

EDIT: all of the above only goes for the latest RB-50F and to a certain part also for the TB-50H and NOT for the earlier RB-50F (v1) and the B-29's!

aeronca1
January 6th, 2009, 18:34
Gnoopey, beg, grovel and beg again. Is your 109 package ever going to see the light of day, huh, soon? Huh? :friday:

whitehawk_2009
January 6th, 2009, 20:26
109? First I've heard of it.

WH

Gibbons
January 6th, 2009, 23:52
"Gibbons, please be as specific as possible and we'll figure it out ..."

Thank you for the response Mr. Kohler.

The bomb door switches do not show up as they do in the images you posted. I found the center console and maneuvered directly over it and zoomed in. None of the popup panels has a switch that works either. I'm thinking I have either an outdated install (Oct. '07) or something is not installed correctly.

Probably the best place to start would be uninstalling what I have, downloading the newest version, and installing new? I'll give that a try first.

Downloaded from Avsim, b50f_911.zip. Is this the latest release? And is the TB-50H an additional optional download or required with the _911 file.

Thanks again. Much appreciated as this little thing was getting quite frustrating.

Gibbons

nightshade
January 7th, 2009, 05:37
Gnoopey, beg, grovel and beg again. Is your 109 package ever going to see the light of day, huh, soon? Huh? :friday:
I'm still hoping for the turreted version for the B-29.

Gnoopey
January 7th, 2009, 09:57

I'm so sorry, almost forgot. 2008 was a 'bad' year for my FS 'hangar' time - it went to almost NIL unfortunately.

And for the moment I really don't know when I'm able to re-visit 'abandonded' stuff, I'm really very sorry.

Gnoopey
January 7th, 2009, 10:01
snipped ...

The bomb door switches do not show up as they do in the images you posted. I found the center console and maneuvered directly over it and zoomed in. None of the popup panels has a switch that works either. I'm thinking I have either an outdated install (Oct. '07) or something is not installed correctly.

Oct 07 seems to be the v1 of the RB-50F, definitely outdated.

Probably the best place to start would be uninstalling what I have, downloading the newest version, and installing new? I'll give that a try first.

Downloaded from Avsim, b50f_911.zip. Is this the latest release? And is the TB-50H an additional optional download or required with the _911 file.

snipped ...

Yes, that's it and the TB-50H is not needed but gives you a separate 'racer'. That was the fastest B-50 variant without added jet engines.

Gnoopey
January 7th, 2009, 10:03
I'm still hoping for the turreted version for the B-29.

I will definitely revisit all the abandoned stuff some day but have no precise idea about the precise time frame as of now.

aeronca1
January 7th, 2009, 12:55
I'm so sorry, almost forgot. 2008 was a 'bad' year for my FS 'hangar' time - it went to almost NIL unfortunately.

And for the moment I really don't know when I'm able to re-visit 'abandonded' stuff, I'm really very sorry.

Tom, no need to be sorry, what you already have out there for us is wonderful. I thought you were at the packaging stage with the 109, but no frets, Herr Homuth will surface sometime. :wavey:

Gibbons
January 7th, 2009, 13:15
Ah yes, nothing like a new aircraft.

Everything seems to be in order and working with a new install Tom. One thing, there are a number of entries in the FS9 drop down menu while in game for various liveries but only one that comes with the zip file? I'll do a search for other textures.

Thanks again for the help Mr. Kohler and to everyone who responded here. :woot:

Gibbons

redrooster
January 22nd, 2009, 14:31
Are the B-50D and RB-50G in the category of abandoned stuff or are they still in the works?
Thanks,
redrooster

tommieboy
January 22nd, 2009, 17:05
Just wanted to jump in and say thanks to Gnoopey for all the B-50's he has already created for the flightsim community. This bird (the B-50) doesn't get enough respect even in the book publishing arena. Any one seen a good book on the B-50? If so, tell me........

Thanks Gnoopey for all of your hardwork.....:ernae:

Tommy

redrooster
January 22nd, 2009, 17:51
Steve Ginter apparently has a book that will be published sometime in the future, but I don't know when. I have one of his other books on the Grumman AF Guardian, and it is very well written. Here the link to the B-50 book:
http://www.ginterbooks.com/Books/FUTURE.htm

redrooster

Gnoopey
January 22nd, 2009, 22:37
Are the B-50D and RB-50G in the category of abandoned stuff or are they still in the works?
Thanks,
redrooster

... not yet abandoned but no time horizon for a release 'soon' unfortunately ...

tommieboy
January 23rd, 2009, 07:44
Steve Ginter apparently has a book that will be published sometime in the future, but I don't know when. I have one of his other books on the Grumman AF Guardian, and it is very well written. Here the link to the B-50 book:
http://www.ginterbooks.com/Books/FUTURE.htm

redrooster

WOW....Finally.....I hope it really does make it to publication.

Tommy