PDA

View Full Version : ...Seen on the RAZBAM SIM facebook page......

hae5904
November 26th, 2012, 10:32
Early drawings seen on their facebook page,coming for FSX, and maybe, yes maybe even for DCS.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/MIG29B.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/MIG29A.jpg

Rumor states it will cover the MIG-29C........

(facebook link to RAZBAM Sims : http://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims )

Cheers, :salute:
Hank

Walter
November 26th, 2012, 11:00
HOLY COW! HOLY COW! HOLY COW! HOLY COW! HOLY COW! HOLY COW!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they do FSX!!! This is my favorite jet!

(I'm a little excited!) :jump::jump::jump:

skyhawka4m
November 26th, 2012, 14:08
yawn!!!!

Walter
November 26th, 2012, 16:43
Another Facebook photo!

roger-wilco-66
November 26th, 2012, 21:23
Looks promising, and will surely be a blast.
Not meaning to hijack this thread (well maybe a little), but any news on the SB2C Helldiver? Razbam, anyone?

Cheers,
Mark

krazycolin
November 27th, 2012, 03:02
This is said from the view of a potential client and not as a dev:

ive been waiting on the F-105, the F-100 as well as the A-4... Those going to happen?

skyhawka4m
November 27th, 2012, 03:55

ive been waiting on the F-105, the F-100 as well as the A-4... Those going to happen?

It seems that there are a couple Dev's who have ALOT on the "drawing" board but never seem to finish of the ones that people are looking for. PC-21, the once promised F-14, the F-105, the B-26, the F-100, the and the Helldiver. They seem to be dabbling in way to many Sims and not focusing on one product line with their limited reseources. Limited only because it seems everything has to be top secret and only a select few (or as some may call it, "the clique") are brought into the testing or painting fold. Its too bad because there are many others out there who have talents and I'm sure would be willing to share them at little to no cost.

sorry to rant...just a bad day here.

MudMarine
November 27th, 2012, 04:13
Looks great! I have a question since I don't facebook, where is the A-6 update that was talked about.? TY

VaporZ
November 27th, 2012, 04:47
This is a quite interresting very good news and my Visa Credit Card is ( always ) ready
for such a beauty, but ..........

The aircraft depited here seems to be an early Mig-29 "9.12" / Fulcrum A !

And the vast majority of export Mig-29 are "9.13 / Fulcrum C, with a slightly larger dorsal humback.

For those of us who are "historically accurate" FlightSimmers, this will disqualify most interesting
colorfull potential repaints of many export Mig-29 customers.

Correct me if I am wrong !
:kilroy:
VaporZ

Walter
November 27th, 2012, 04:57
They said on Facebook that they are only doing the C version.

skyhawka4m
November 27th, 2012, 05:03
well what they have modeled here is not a C model....C model has a larger dorsal area, as a matter of fact if you look at the drawings they have used it clearly says its a K model drawing.

VaporZ
November 27th, 2012, 05:12
They said on Facebook that they are only doing the C version.

Thanks for the info Walter !
This "Fulcrum C" will be a repainter's dream.

Take a look at the current and former operators :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mikoyan_MiG-29_operators
and these color profiles
http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww4/f/39/217

So much colors my head is spinning !
:isadizzy:
VaporZ

ryanbatc
November 27th, 2012, 06:46
I'm waiting for the Metro!

hschuit
November 27th, 2012, 07:33

Same thoughts here... afaik the F-105 Wild Weasel and the A-4 are still planned sometime in the future but unfortunately the F-100 is in the freezer. Michael Davies did make a very nice mesh for the F-100 but since he is having a very long break from FS modelling, the mesh was kept in "storage" by Ron Zambrano, current status unknown by me. Funny thing is that Michael wrote to me in May this year that he thought you wanted to do a Super Saber but you were holding off because Michael's project was already public knowledge at that time :icon_lol:

krazycolin
November 27th, 2012, 07:55
Actually, we pulled off the harrier, the thud AND the f-100 because raz said they were doing them.

I had asked Michael about getting the F-100 but he decided to put it with raz... Not us. Oh well.

As well, we were actually already coding for a Mig-29G but not sure what to do now. We already have an ok model and VC even though they are not up to our standards today... Unsure...

MudMarine
November 27th, 2012, 08:27
Looks great! I have a question since I don't facebook, where is the A-6 update that was talked about.? TY

It's ok Mud, ask again....news on the A-6 update?

timghetta
November 27th, 2012, 09:03
well what they have modeled here is not a C model....C model has a larger dorsal area, as a matter of fact if you look at the drawings they have used it clearly says its a K model drawing.

We had actually posted that was an older screenshot of the 3view drawings and the model. Here is a screenshot showing the details about the MiG-29S / Nato-C version. Even now with the cross section views we have, not to much we can do about the Dorsal Hump, but as you can see, the mesh extends past the guides to match the side illustrations.

I hope this will clear up any confusion on the model we are doing and the steps we are taking to make it accurate. Also on that older 3view, you will notice in the older screenshot that "K" is for that wing section for their 3view. Please remember these are very raw WIP screenshots.

Take care everyone,
Tim

fsafranek
November 27th, 2012, 09:42
I would like to see an F-100D (developed a paint kit and a ton of textures for one that was
never released) but what we really need for FSX is a new Mirage F1. For as much MiG flying
as I do I can live with the freeware Iris Mig-29 for another year pending this one being finished.
I hope this one does find it's way into FSX and not just DSC. :kilroy:
:ernae:

Walter
November 27th, 2012, 10:24
Great news for the FSX community! As seen on Facebook, it will be made for FSX, not DCS. I'm stoked!!

krazycolin
November 27th, 2012, 10:41
And we're going to do the G. Who will get there first??? Lets see. As for the F-100d, I will be mailing Michael about THAT today...

Walter
November 27th, 2012, 11:00
Yes!!! MiG-29 Galore!!!! I'm in heaven!! :jump::jump::medals:

Deano
November 27th, 2012, 11:09
we were actually already coding for a Mig-29G but not sure what to do now. We already have an ok model and VC even though they are not up to our standards today... Unsure...

general customer or general dev enquiry :bump:

krazycolin
November 27th, 2012, 11:32
Both

SeanTK
November 27th, 2012, 14:02
Why not have two Fulcrums on the market then? We already have multiple developers doing P-51s, Spitfires, Airbus, and Boeing aircraft....a choice of two MiG versions (recognizing they are different aircraft) would make sense to me.

EDIT: Or turn it into a K model if possible, since they'll be making more public appearances since the successful test flights and adoption of the airframe within the past year.

michael davies
November 28th, 2012, 10:37
Ok got a couple of mails and PMs about this thread so thought I'd better set some things straight.

Someone mentioned F100 and F14 not appearing, that's me I'm afraid, hold my hands up there, this time last year I turned my back and walked off, many reasons, none important.

Both aircraft reside with others but both under different.....?.... arrangements.

The F100 was my project but intended to be sold Razbam.
The F14 was an Aerosoft project built by me.

Both developers were given the raw meshes as they stood at the time of my retirement, my thinking was it was only fair they should receive the work, for Aerosoft it was part of the agreement, for Razbam it was a vain attempt to heal some disappointment at not fulfilling my end of the project.

Neither developer has progressed either project and until today I thought they were dead and buried, I can't do anything about the F14, that's a contractual lock out, but the F100 I can, although Razbam have the source files I have decided to let Milviz take the baton from here, I have tried to contact Ron to let him know but there seems to be an issue with mails right now, truly sorry Ron if you read this here first. I know this will break eggs and start rows (that being one of my primary retirement reasons!) but I'll lay it out real simple, its close to Xmas, I have kids and Milviz made me an offer I'd be stupid to refuse. If I'm honest, there is no chance I will ever complete the project and I am confident Razbam has more than enough work to fill the gap left by my still born F100 association.

It's not the nicest or neatest solution and will probably slight my standing with some and fill my mail box with hate mail and threats of you'll never work in this business again....sigh!, sorry for that but it will get the F100 finished...finally!

For the record, the only remaining projects not associated or in partnership with anyone remaining in my possession are the Lynx, RC135 and A-10 (released from Aerosoft in exchange for the F14)

Over and out

Michael

hschuit
November 28th, 2012, 11:50
Michael and Colin, thank you so much for trying to get the F-100 project afloat :salute::salute::salute:

cheers, Henk.

Prowler1111
November 28th, 2012, 11:54
We are developing the C version:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/mig_screenshot_C-top_lineup.jpg

We are going to pack it with a full representation of the avionics as per real specs and as FSX allows us, also weapons systems, electrical etc, we are NOT going to include guided weapons.We are also, creating an extreme accurate exterior model and cockpit, surpassing previous work by the same artist, like the Aerosoft´s F-16, F-15E and the AV-8B Cockpit.This project has been under consideration for quite some time now, and we are devoted to complete it and release it when time comes.
We got enough written documentation in the C model , as also good man power to bring this project to a good end.THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE set yet, but we´ll post images of it´s development in the usual places.I as RAZBAM representative, took the decision of not posting development images, or news of our products in other places that are not administrated by us, out of respect for forums policies and members, so i guess you´ll have to look for our own channels.Release press notes will be posted here and other forums.
Places you can learn about this development:

http://www.razbamsims.com/
http://metal2mesh.com/store/
https://www.facebook.com/Metal2Mesh.Development?ref=hl
https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims

Best regards
Prowler

krazycolin
November 28th, 2012, 15:39
And we're going to do what we always do... As accurate and as dangerous as the real one... not only to the enemy but to the pilots as well..

Did I mention that we actually have a real Mig-29G to use as a reference?... (along with several real life pilots...)

Pics of the real one here... 3 klicks from our modeler... (nice n close!)

and if you want info... no worries, we'll post it here. We know you won't be bothered...

Oh... Did I say...

BANG!!! and they're OFF!!!! :ernae:

Walter
November 28th, 2012, 16:42
This is super exciting! I really can't wait to see the amazing work that will be put into these MiG's! I must say, "thank you," to both teams. This is a dream come true for me. Oh... And if you wake up one day and find that MiG missing... You'll know who it was! :engel016::jump:

skyhawka4m
November 28th, 2012, 17:54
Mike...thank you for saving the F-100. while not in my top 10 list I will surely be buying this aircraft nwo that it is associate with MilViz. Its too bad that some companies take on projects that they never finish. razbam is not the only company to do this so this is not just pointed at them, others like Aerosoft, IRIS, and Virtavia have all done this, some more than others but what ever. I just wish that some of these companies would look out here in the world, outside their little clique of freinds for help and guidance. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....and I speak for ymself included....there are people out here with talents and experience that could be used and I truly believe the products would be that much better. But hey.....I don't own the companies....I can't speak to their business experience, but I can say that the lack of some willingness to hear VALID issues and critique has turned me off to them BIG TIME. Someone like Warbirdsim, and A2A.....who puts out a product, with all work done I believe in house is more than welcome on my PC because I know when they put ou the product its quality, detail, and accurate.....LOL...I will never have enough MUSTANGS!!

A perfect example of poor customer service....I posted here, facebook, and one other forum requesting someone to tell me how to make a pilot disappear when parked from their aircraft.......that went out I think 2 months ago.......still....no answer. something as simple as this is a huge turn off for me to want to support them any longer. It also seems that some of these companies have forgotten who got them where they are....the consumer who buys their product. Truly sad.

End of Rant.....I'm out!

:salute:

N2056
November 28th, 2012, 18:05
Ron, keep at it despite how far south this thread has gone. :salute:

joanvalley
November 28th, 2012, 20:58
I would like to see an F-100D (developed a paint kit and a ton of textures for one that was
never released) but what we really need for FSX is a new Mirage F1. For as much MiG flying
as I do I can live with the freeware Iris Mig-29 for another year pending this one being finished.
I hope this one does find it's way into FSX and not just DSC. :kilroy:

Well, I'm back continuing the Mirage F1 I started for RAZBAM a while ago now that I delivered the first batch of Metros to them. Also, will work on the PC-9 at the same time, so I hope to have sometyhing to show in the next weeks mein freund!

Thanks!

Jose.

michael davies
November 28th, 2012, 22:59
Mike...thank you for saving the F-100. while not in my top 10 list I will surely be buying this aircraft nwo that it is associate with MilViz. Its too bad that some companies take on projects that they never finish. razbam is not the only company to do this so this is not just pointed at them, others like Aerosoft, IRIS, and Virtavia have all done this, some more than others but what ever. I just wish that some of these companies would look out here in the world, outside their little clique of freinds for help and guidance. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....and I speak for ymself included....there are people out here with talents and experience that could be used and I truly believe the products would be that much better. But hey.....I don't own the companies....I can't speak to their business experience, but I can say that the lack of some willingness to hear VALID issues and critique has turned me off to them BIG TIME. Someone like Warbirdsim, and A2A.....who puts out a product, with all work done I believe in house is more than welcome on my PC because I know when they put ou the product its quality, detail, and accurate.....LOL...I will never have enough MUSTANGS!!

A perfect example of poor customer service....I posted here, facebook, and one other forum requesting someone to tell me how to make a pilot disappear when parked from their aircraft.......that went out I think 2 months ago.......still....no answer. something as simple as this is a huge turn off for me to want to support them any longer. It also seems that some of these companies have forgotten who got them where they are....the consumer who buys their product. Truly sad.

End of Rant.....I'm out!

:salute:

I understand and in most cases agree with models not appearing, however in this case no blame should be placed at Razbams door for the F100 not progressing, it was my project sold through them, I and I alone pulled the plug, Razbam had no part in its withdrawal, they may be guilty of not fulfilling other projects they have/had on their books, but the F100 is not one of them.

Easiest way to make a pilot disappear is to code it to engine rpm so that when rpm = 0 the pilot is not shown, simple to do but requires coding inside the model at source I'm afraid.

Hope that helps

Michael

peter12213
November 29th, 2012, 05:49
Russian and Asian aircraft have always been neglected, the more the better I say, can't wait for the BearStudios J-11B too!

fsafranek
November 29th, 2012, 09:08
That kind of information is usually in the manual if one was provided. And if not then a company will tend to do it the same for all of their models. Ctrl-W for example has been used by Alphasim/Virtavia for years. But I like Michael's idea better. Could take it one step further and hang the boarding ladded, chock the tires, and attached and RBF flags at the same time. Kirk Olssen and others have done it that way with their models.

fsafranek
November 29th, 2012, 09:10
Well, I'm back continuing the Mirage F1 I started for RAZBAM a while ago now that I delivered the first batch of Metros to them. Also, will work on the PC-9 at the same time, so I hope to have sometyhing to show in the next weeks mein freund!

Thanks!

Jose.
This is great to hear Jose. I've always been a Metro fan as well so really looking forward to the coming year for Razbam. :applause:

kilo delta
November 29th, 2012, 10:12

Thanks!

Jose.

What version are you working on?

Please let it be an M

:icon_lol:

michael davies
November 29th, 2012, 10:48
That kind of information is usually in the manual if one was provided. And if not then a company will tend to do it the same for all of their models. Ctrl-W for example has been used by Alphasim/Virtavia for years. But I like Michael's idea better. Could take it one step further and hang the boarding ladded, chock the tires, and attached and RBF flags at the same time. Kirk Olssen and others have done it that way with their models.

Very similar coding can also be used to prevent canopies opening in flight, either by wheels on ground or airspeed above 30knts, you still get the annoying ctrl+e door open text on screen, but at least the thing stays firmly closed on the model, you can do it by individual door as well, aka C130 would allow the rear ramp to open in flight but not the crew side door for example.

hae5904
December 13th, 2012, 11:48
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/707/56360538543679487629812.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/56360538543679487629812.jpg/)

More news soon.....

Cheers,
Hank

olderndirt
December 13th, 2012, 17:39
Actually, we pulled off the harrier, the thud AND the f-100 because raz said they were doing them.

I had asked Michael about getting the F-100 but he decided to put it with raz... Not us. Oh well.

As well, we were actually already coding for a Mig-29G but not sure what to do now. We already have an ok model and VC even though they are not up to our standards today... Unsure...The bar is set with the F86.

krazycolin
December 13th, 2012, 18:13
Thanks for that. Appreciated. We are moving ahead on both projects and have made arrangements for the Mig-29 to have something very special indeed. (we will not answer questions about this but...trust me, you're gonna love it)