PDA

View Full Version : Am thinking, why not just P3D?

Navy Chief
November 24th, 2012, 15:59
So I was thinking; if I am able to do carrier ops in P3D, I might just uninstall FSX altogether. Carrier ops and flights from/to Naval Air Stations is mostly what I do anyway. P3D takes up less hd space, right? Am thinking it's time to pare down.

NC

strikehawk
November 24th, 2012, 16:26
You're not the only one thinking about making the switch, I'm getting tired of the BS visualFX.dll failures among other things that MS left uncorrected. At least LM is making the thing easier to use. From what I have read you can still do MP in a network like Hamachi so if that's true I know what I want for Xmas.

AussieMan
November 24th, 2012, 17:25
I only have the bare bones FSX installed for the ORBX stuff that won't install direct to P3d.

Onec they have the dual -installers for all their stuff it is then bye bye FSX.

Naismith
November 24th, 2012, 18:01
You're not the only one thinking about making the switch, I'm getting tired of the BS visualFX.dll failures among other things that MS left uncorrected. At least LM is making the thing easier to use. From what I have read you can still do MP in a network like Hamachi so if that's true I know what I want for Xmas.

visualFX.dll - Wow that is one thing that I have never had crash in FSx in 6 years, guess I'm on borrowed time. :icon_lol:

MudMarine
November 24th, 2012, 22:20
Hello everyone my name is Tim and I've been FSX free for 4 months now!

Navy Chief
November 24th, 2012, 22:33
Another question. What are the advantages, if any, to DCS vs P3D, or vice versa???

NC