Cirrus N210MS
November 24th, 2012, 15:35
O Well I guess cannot Share Thanks orbix! I guess you just Lost paying customer

skyhawka4m
November 24th, 2012, 20:40
did I miss something here?

oldpropfan
November 24th, 2012, 21:38
If I remember right from Cirrus' original post his update of KFLG was going to use some objects from the Orbx FTX libraries, which required a download and installation of them. They are however copywrited and I have a feeling he was asked not to use them in his scenery for that reason. Many great freeware libraries available though, don't give up on your project Cirrus.

Al

falcon409
November 24th, 2012, 21:42
If I remember right from Cirrus' original post his update of KFLG was going to use some objects from the Orbx FTX libraries, which required a download and installation of them. They are however copywrited and I have a feeling he was asked not to use them in his scenery for that reason. Many great freeware libraries available though, don't give up on your project Cirrus.
Al
You are correct. I also hope he continues with the project. Lots of freeware objects out there for use.:salute:

Lionheart
November 25th, 2012, 08:33
It is their files and they do work hard on them, so I see their point.

I was doing some scenery myself and the libraries are there in the sim. Just cant use them. So tempting, but its just not openware/freeware.

One amazing thing that ORBX do on some of their scenery is make their own shadows that display below the objects. Amazing technology.

TheGrunt
November 25th, 2012, 09:53
Many great freeware libraries available though, don't give up on your project Cirrus.
This. EZ, OZx, CeyX, RTMM, SDTV2, RWY12, UKVFR and Woody's come to mind and they offer nice set of objects. There is Finney's and Light SS V2 for lights too. RTMM sceneries are mostly based on these and they are absolutely brilliant. I understand that ORBX doesn't offer libraries as freeware, but as said there are many possible freeware alternatives which are definitely worth to look at :running:

skyhawka4m
November 25th, 2012, 11:17
One amazing thing that ORBX do on some of their scenery is make their own shadows that display below the objects. Amazing technology.

this is what I like the most of their static stuff. Oh and the nice new CAMARO I spotted that they are using as a parked car in thier scneries....only wish it was the color of mine!

Dimus
November 25th, 2012, 13:04
I was tempted to use their 3d grass on my sceneries. I asked if I could and they refused. I understand it is their right so I backed off. I am now trying to make my own 3d grass but without much success so far. I will get there some day.